R2VS for Omnia i900 (Updated 19-Jun-2009)

Guest rith

could you please summarize on the first topic the files we need to install and the new features we get out of those files ?

respect 4 ur work !!!

According to ur request I made a new cab on the first post already plus a working trick of SRS WOW HD installation B)

Guest ketamdaco
I have solution to use A2VS ON Bluetooth stereo

http://download.come2store.com/Cryingman/R...T_FIX_OMNIA.reg

Use regedit program to import it or edit

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BtA2dpSnd]

"OutputDevice"="bta2dp.dll"

"Dll"="R2VS_ARM_WM5_PPC_Driver.dll"

soft reset

and it work on Blueooth.

What software do u use for importing the file to registry and how? Thanks for help

Guest Supadan

Thank you SOOO much for this. SRS WOW HD is....WOW hahahha. My question is...what hangup problem are u guys talking about (if i don't turn external and battery power to off)?

And does having WOW enabled drain battery? I read something about r2vs being a battery drainer but i could have misread and it coulda been the other way around.

Guest Persia
According to ur request I made a new cab on the first post already plus a working trick of SRS WOW HD installation B)

is it safe? afraid...doesn't kill my omnia sound?

Guest Supadan

**Edit**

I realized what you guys meant by your phone hanging. If your phone turns of by itself with use of s2u2 or under settings>power and enabling auto screen turn off within 10,30 etc seconds, the phone will not turn back on and you need to take the battery out and put it back in.

FIX FOUND! Inside of WOW you can choose whether it is for internal sound or headphones. DO NOT USE INTERNAL SOUND. THIS WILL HANG YOUR OMNIA! Choose headphones instead. THIS OPTION MAKES NO DIFFERENCE to the sounds that it makes and it lets you use programs like s2u2 that automatically turn your phone's screen off. So far so good (been about 30 minutes messing with music, calls, etc on battery power)

Guest Supadan

crap i don't know what i just did..i meant to edit the first post, but something weird just happened.

--edit2--

IF YOU SOFT RESET, YOU MUST GO BACK INTO WOW HD (Start>Settings>WOW HD) and the drop down box for either internal or headphones will be blank. YOU MUST CHANGE IT TO HEADPHONES OR PHONE WILL HANG IF YOU LET THE SCREEN TURN OFF. I know it's a hassle and im not quite sure why it resets it to blank, but it does and remember this or else your phone will hang after a soft reset.

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST I DIDNT MEAN TO :-(

Edited by Supadan

Guest 007Echelon

Thanks a lot for helping us to get a better sound B) , I've followed the topic step by step, and now, what sound! that great, really!

Guest gianton

Samsung_R2VS is working on Khuanchai's 20271 w/BT fix! Will try it with 21028 as well. I have tried SRS_WOW_HD but don't like it as it makes the device to wake up only by the power button.

Guest 007Echelon

But now a question about the battery and the screen. How to turn off manually the screen, or else the battery won't last a long time, may be two hours but not more ?

Guest gianton
But now a question about the battery and the screen. How to turn off manually the screen, or else the battery won't last a long time, may be two hours but not more ?

You can use S2U2.

Guest 007Echelon
You can use S2U2.

I use conduit player and it do it too. My question and problem are when the phone have none a task, the screen don't turn off anymore. That's why I worry about the battery life.After tests, it seems working with "battery on" and soft reset of course.So...

Edited by 007Echelon

Guest Cryingman
What software do u use for importing the file to registry and how? Thanks for help

PHM Registry or resco explorer with registry addin.

for now rith have add this registry in his cab yor can use it.

Thks.

Guest Persia
It is absolutely safe to try don't worry B)

yes thank u very much,SRS WOW HD is a great sound drive already on my omnia now

but if i disable it (don't click on enable) then my defualt omnia sound will do yes?

what about R2VS i want to disable it to none and just use SRS WOW HD then can it works yes?

Edited by Persia

The 5.1 ch and 3d functions work for me but the equalizer doesn't, does it only happen to me?

Then while looking at the reg one of the equalizer's value was set to some weird 8 digit no. anyone have the same problem?

Guest dwallersv
does this work for i910?

Just installed the R2VS cab on my heavily customized 910... It works flawlessly!!! Every feature works beautifully.

One minor issue -- the R2VS.cpl file is either not in the cab, or didn't install on the 910 for some reason. It's just not there in \Windows, so no way to get to it through Settings. No big deal anyway, since all this does is fire off R2VS_(blah blah blah).exe, which I simply made a shortcut for in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs, which has same effect -- just get to it through Programs instead of Settings.

Haven't tried SRS WOW yet -- I'm a little nervous after all the issues people here have had with it and sleep mode. After a full backup, I'll give it a try and report back.

Guest Supadan

Does anybody's Omnia hang using WOW HD? As in the screen will not come on even if u manually lock it? It seems that once in a while it will hang and not turn back on...has anyone experienced this? I thought i'd come up with a solution but it seems to be completely random...

Guest maad11
I use conduit player and it do it too. My question and problem are when the phone have none a task, the screen don't turn off anymore. That's why I worry about the battery life.After tests, it seems working with "battery on" and soft reset of course.So...

Install the "psshutxp" and use "light off" function - this way you will able to turn off the screen (save battery) and play the music...

Hope this helps

Guest dwallersv

Okay... installed SRS WOW on the i910 (again, I've customized the crap out of this thing, installed so much software, tweaked the registry all the way to mars, and on and on, so I was a bit skeptical that this would work) and...

Works flawlessly!

And wow. I mean WOW!! There is actually bass in my earbuds now. Music is so rich and powerful. Crisp. I'm just now playing around with the different settings to get a feel for what they all do. This is one of the best enhancements/tweaks I've made yet... right up there with M2D.

As for the power issues, don't seem to be having them. My 910 hasn't locked up yet after a sleep. However, SRS doesn't handle it gracefully, and doesn't work right with any app that was running and playing audio when it went to sleep. Indeed, I can't keep playing in the background during sleep with anything -- have to wake the phone back up.

When awakened, I get sound, but it is without the SRS DSP processing -- it's as if SRS is disabled. Randomly, I'll get a quick "blip" (maybe 300ms) of SRS enhanced sound, and then right back to normal.

Killing the app and restarting it fixes the problem.

Clearly the driver isn't coded properly to handle Omnia sleep/wake power events. This is why you can't play music with SRS installed and the device asleep. The only reason any of this (SRS, A2VS) are working at all is because the i760 driver is close enough -- but obviously that device has different power management specifics, so that part of it fails with the Omnia.

All of this is "livable". Sleep doesn't save that much power anyway over awake with the screen off.

Guest 007Echelon
Okay... installed SRS WOW on the i910 (again, I've customized the crap out of this thing, installed so much software, tweaked the registry all the way to mars, and on and on, so I was a bit skeptical that this would work) and...

Works flawlessly!

And wow. I mean WOW!! There is actually bass in my earbuds now. Music is so rich and powerful. Crisp. I'm just now playing around with the different settings to get a feel for what they all do. This is one of the best enhancements/tweaks I've made yet... right up there with M2D.

As for the power issues, don't seem to be having them. My 910 hasn't locked up yet after a sleep. However, SRS doesn't handle it gracefully, and doesn't work right with any app that was running and playing audio when it went to sleep. Indeed, I can't keep playing in the background during sleep with anything -- have to wake the phone back up.

When awakened, I get sound, but it is without the SRS DSP processing -- it's as if SRS is disabled. Randomly, I'll get a quick "blip" (maybe 300ms) of SRS enhanced sound, and then right back to normal.

Killing the app and restarting it fixes the problem.

Clearly the driver isn't coded properly to handle Omnia sleep/wake power events. This is why you can't play music with SRS installed and the device asleep. The only reason any of this (SRS, A2VS) are working at all is because the i760 driver is close enough -- but obviously that device has different power management specifics, so that part of it fails with the Omnia.

All of this is "livable". Sleep doesn't save that much power anyway over awake with the screen off.

I'm agree with you, for now on waiting a better sleep/mode with screen on, I've removed these installations, both B)

Guest dwallersv
I'm agree with you, for now on waiting a better sleep/mode with screen on, I've removed these installations, both B)

Well, you might reconsider, given the high value of these enhancements (especially SRS).

The main power hogs in the phone are the backlight and the radios. Unless you're actually using WiFi, it should be off anyway. Same with BT. That leaves the cellular, which is usually on all the time for most people, and the backlight -- which can be configured to turn off completely via many utilities.

With the backlight off, the difference between awake/dark and asleep is so tiny that you probably wouldn't notice it in battery longevity.

My vote is to install these enhancements, and then develop a few easy habits regarding power management when listening to music, etc.