R2VS for Omnia i900 (Updated 19-Jun-2009)

Guest rith

Guest xiphrex

Yeah this freeze up bug seems to be a bit of a problem, it seems to randomly happen.

I even turned SRS Wow off (unticked "enabled") and did a soft reset and the phone would hang at bootup. It did this twice, I had to take the battery out to get it to boot.

Not exactly sure whats going on, surely if SRS WOW is not enabled, why is it still causing problems?

Hope someone can find a solution!

Guest Supadan
Yeah this freeze up bug seems to be a bit of a problem, it seems to randomly happen.

I even turned SRS Wow off (unticked "enabled") and did a soft reset and the phone would hang at bootup. It did this twice, I had to take the battery out to get it to boot.

Not exactly sure whats going on, surely if SRS WOW is not enabled, why is it still causing problems?

Hope someone can find a solution!

Found one

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...hd/#entry986519

Guest aridoasis

Got it to work on the first try! (i'm using windows media player and taril's 27.02.2009 (DXIA5 update) - i'm not sure if it matters)

SRS WOW is AMAAAAZING!

1.install su2u

2.run ilock.exe

3. change su2u settings

On Battery Power and External Power:

Lock when backlight turns off: ON

but only blank screen: OFF

blank sceen on talk: OFF

Advanced:

Power save mode: ON

Don't suspend power: ON

Don't double check: OFF

Don't use keyboard: ON

Check exceptional exes: ON

4.soft reset

5.install r2vs, soft reset (via settings any app that can soft reset, don't use reset button), enable

6.install SRS WOW, soft reset (via settings any app that can soft reset, don't use reset button), enable, set to headset

7. Disable SRS WOW (remove the enable checkmark)

8. Lock the phone with the power button (s2su)

9. Unlock the phone

10. Go to SRS WOW and enable (return the checkmark) + slect headset ( DO NOT SELECT INTERNAL).

Guest Persia
Got it to work on the first try! (i'm using windows media player and taril's 27.02.2009 (DXIA5 update) - i'm not sure if it matters)

SRS WOW is AMAAAAZING!

1.install su2u

2.run ilock.exe

3. change su2u settings

On Battery Power and External Power:

Lock when backlight turns off: ON

but only blank screen: OFF

blank sceen on talk: OFF

Advanced:

Power save mode: ON

Don't suspend power: ON

Don't double check: OFF

Don't use keyboard: ON

Check exceptional exes: ON

4.soft reset

5.install r2vs, soft reset (via settings any app that can soft reset, don't use reset button), enable

6.install SRS WOW, soft reset (via settings any app that can soft reset, don't use reset button), enable, set to headset

7. Disable SRS WOW (remove the enable checkmark)

8. Lock the phone with the power button (s2su)

9. Unlock the phone

10. Go to SRS WOW and enable (return the checkmark) + slect headset ( DO NOT SELECT INTERNAL).

tnx but it's a long way

we installed on our omnia now need a way to fix this freeze ....we need registry by resco registery....

Edited by Persia

Guest aridoasis
tnx but it's a long way

we installed on our omnia now need a way to fix this freeze ....we need registry by resco registery....

oh, i forgot to say, mine doesn't freeze with these settings. and su2u locks and turns off lcd so i save battery too. had it running for 6 hours in stand by, then unlocked the phone with no problems. btw, the steps for the su2u part i got from Supadan in this thread.

Guest ronaldb3
oh, i forgot to say, mine doesn't freeze with these settings. and su2u locks and turns off lcd so i save battery too. had it running for 6 hours in stand by, then unlocked the phone with no problems. btw, the steps for the su2u part i got from Supadan in this thread.

I/m using R2VS only and it seems to be real solid with sector's G2 cooked rom. Definitely improved sound!

What benefit would I get if I also load SRS Wow??

Thanks... Ron...

Guest dwallersv
I/m using R2VS only and it seems to be real solid with sector's G2 cooked rom. Definitely improved sound!

What benefit would I get if I also load SRS Wow??

Thanks... Ron...

Both improve the sound substantially, but in different ways, implementing different psychoacoustic algorithms. Further, if you're looking for finer control over frequency response, R2VS is a better solution due to the exposure of an equalizer.

A lot of people (including myself) find the processing implemented by SRS more pleasing, richer, and clearer than what R2VS provides. To be clear, the difference is far more of a relative "taste" issue than something arguably objective, like the difference between stock sound and either of these enhancements -- which everyone, so far, agrees is dramatic.

So, in the end the answer to your question is simply that you need to try both, play with their adjustments, and decide which you like better. To my ears, SRS WOW does a much better job of producing clean, rich base through earbuds than I can achieve messing around with various settings in R2SV, and this is important to me, so I prefer SRS WOW.

EDIT: I have to revise my opinion above after spending some significant time listening to the same music via each of these enhancements (R2VS and SRS).

Can't endorse R2VS. It's better for some sound sources and media than stock sound, but worse for others. I noticed quite a bit of distortion to some mp3 material, actually making it sound like it was encoded at a much lower bitrate, so there was noticable aliasing in the processed sound. Made some CD-quality, 128kbps VBR encodings sound like they were 22kbps internet streams. No matter how I adjusted either the 3D or 5.1 modes, I couldn't get anything that was even as good as having R2VS off. I could do a better job improving the sound with the equalizer in PocketPlayer than using the R2VS controls (and yes, I was careful to turn off the PP equalizer when testing R2VS).

SRS WOW HD is an entirely different matter altogether. It is simply awesome. I've found that for any media type it's fairly easy to tune SRS to give extraordinary sound compared to stock (i.e. with SRS disabled). Can't get anything to sound as good by just using the built-in post-processing in either PocketPlayer or CorePlayer.

Bottom line: R2VS just doesn't cut it in my subjective opinion. Even with the lack of stability issues, I don't think I'd use it much if at all. SRS on the other hand adds so much value I'm just going to live with the power issues, and configure my phone to never sleep (just blank the screen). This means I have to be disciplined about charging it at every opportunity, which I'll deal with for now... I have faith someone will either figure out a solid fix for the problem, a future firmware update will fix it, or a future update from SRS Labs will fix it.

Edited by dwallersv

Guest dwallersv
Why install both R2VS and SRS ? Is it possible to install just one of them? Which one would be a better choice? I think R2VS creates less problems B)

Well, R2VS is basically disabled if SRS is installed -- the settings app functions, but doesn't affect the sound at all.

So, if you have SRS installed at all, R2VS is completely dead.

Why install both? For the simple reason that if you want to play with both, it's easier to only have to uninstall SRS, and then R2VS works again after reboot. If you don't leave it installed and you want to go back to R2VS, you have to uninstall SRS, then install R2VS. Bigger PITA.

Guest ronaldb3
Both improve the sound substantially, but in different ways, implementing different psychoacoustic algorithms. Further, if you're looking for finer control over frequency response, R2VS is a better solution due to the exposure of an equalizer.

A lot of people (including myself) find the processing implemented by SRS more pleasing, richer, and clearer than what R2VS provides. To be clear, the difference is far more of a relative "taste" issue than something arguably objective, like the difference between stock sound and either of these enhancements -- which everyone, so far, agrees is dramatic.

So, in the end the answer to your question is simply that you need to try both, play with their adjustments, and decide which you like better. To my ears, SRS WOW does a much better job of producing clean, rich base through earbuds than I can achieve messing around with various settings in R2SV, and this is important to me, so I prefer SRS WOW.

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I think the tiebreaker for me is that R2VS seems to be solid based on comments and SRS can be buggy on Omnia. And from what I understand you still have to change the power timeouts to none. I would like to use the power timeouts so that is a minus for SRS.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest dwallersv
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I think the tiebreaker for me is that R2VS seems to be solid based on comments and SRS can be buggy on Omnia. And from what I understand you still have to change the power timeouts to none. I would like to use the power timeouts so that is a minus for SRS.

Ron...

I totally understand, and this has been a tough issue for me. SRS is enough better to my ears that I'm not ready to give up yet on it over the stability issue. A bunch of us are trying different stuff over in a thread that Supadan started.

I've found that the phone seems to be stable if you constrain Suspend to only be initiated by a manual press of the power button. Combined with S2U2, the automatic power management can be configured to lock the phone and turn the screen completely off, which saves a lot of power, but still uses more than when it's asleep. Putting it to sleep with the power button so far seems to avoid whatever the problem is with SRS that's causing things to hang.

Delicate, indeed. But, stable in a narrowly configured way. Since I already am in the habit of suspending my phone when it leaves my hands to be set down or put back in it's belt case, this works well for me -- I end up putting it to sleep most of the time manually.

Guest Dmitriy K.
Why install both R2VS and SRS ? Is it possible to install just one of them? Which one would be a better choice? I think R2VS creates less problems B)

It's possible, follow next steps:

1. Uninstall R2VS and SRS (if installed).

2. Install SRS and configure it (further SRS settings will be unavailable).

3. Remember value "Dll" in "Wavedev" registry key.

4. Delete in Windows folder "WOWHD_ARM_Panel.cpl"

5. Install R2VS and change "OutputDevice" to value from step 3.

6. Reboot.

:( I think i770 has newer version of R2VS coz I saw it has different short cut icon but I don't have i770 so I can't tell if it true or not

If it uses R2VS_ARM_WM6_PRO_Driver.dll or newer exe I will try port it Omnia i900. B)

Anyone here who has Samsung Saga i770 can you check what does is the dll in registry or Windows folder ? Is it R2VS_ARM_WM5_PPC_Driver.dll or R2VS_ARM_WM6_PRO_Driver.dll or something else? can you post the dll or registry related to R2VS or its dumped rom ?

Guest chokia

dwallersv,

OMG i am so agree with you, SRS WOW HD really "WOW" on my PC speakers , Car audio system and my MotoS9. Trubass has pushed the sound to very different level altogether

R2VS is just another equalizer application, infact equalizer (preamp, volume normalization and option) in Coreplayer 1.3 can produce much better sound.

5.1ch option is just crap, nothing close to my 5.1ch home theatre system. ( stereo source emulates 5.1 sound is really beyond me)

Guest Henxu

Hi.

I'm new to this forum, but not to this world.

I really wanted to install both of them, but, when installing SRS WOW HD after rebooting from installing R2VS, I just can't see the quick launch icon from SRS WOW HD.

I have Samsung Omnia i900 with Franlov's DXIA5. (Spanish ROM)

Hope you can help me.

Hi.

I'm new to this forum, but not to this world.

I really wanted to install both of them, but, when installing SRS WOW HD after rebooting from installing R2VS, I just can't see the quick launch icon from SRS WOW HD.

I have Samsung Omnia i900 with Franlov's DXIA5. (Spanish ROM)

Hope you can help me.

You can see it in Start -> Settings -> System

You must do exactly what has been told in those steps otherwise your Omnia registry will be messed up.

Guest YacharY

I've install this .cab's, both of them, and SRS WOW work!!! And there is no 'device not wake up problem'

Power setting for both [On Batterry Power] & [On External Power] is 'Turn off device'

When device is turn off at first time, screen is freez. To unlock it I push 'end call button' and unlock by touch screen. That's all. Now there is no problem.

Maybe, my expirience helps somebody:)...sorry for my bad english

Guest oknaka

I just want to say for the settings now, it doesn't work. IT may work at the start, but after awhile hrs-days, it'll start to freeze the screen again.

Guest Kira Y

SRS WOW HD is really cool, sound effect quality is best, but drain a lot of battery power...

I only made a few calls per day and most of the time in standby mode, then almost everyday I have to charge once....

Guys, Is there anyways to make the bettery last long more longer? or maybe any settings I should change for it?

otherwise I have to stop using the SRS WOW HD and uninstall it.... Hope someone here will have some suggestions....

Edited by Kira Y

Guest thenopen

I use S2U2, may be a clash with your R2VS.

When the power is On or when the song is played on the S2P it works fine(even when the display is in an off state).

But when the S2P is in a stop mode or the display turns off it doesn't work.

Sorry my English is poor.

Edited by thenopen

Guest wasp_osa

Hi man! well I cant tell you that I used your SRS drivers and .cab to fix problem with low volume from bluetooth headset.. now in metro i can hear music.. o thou its temp fix.. since its using program gaining.. it works, i only hope that someone can post some hardware fix for this problem...

anyway, thank you man for great work!

Alex O.