R2VS for Omnia i900 (Updated 19-Jun-2009)

Guest rith

Guest kav
maybe i780 not have r2vs cpl and r2vs_effect_control.exe

i download i770 saga manual. i770 use wm6.1 os

i read this manual. i770 have r2vs control panel like i760 you post. but i760 use wm5 r2vs dll.

I want to know r2vs from i770 use r2vs wm6 or wm5.(this it rith want to know too)

can u extract from i770 saga rom

this file fromi i760

R2VS.cpl,

-R2VS_ARM_WM5_PPC_Driver.dll,

-R2VS_Effect_Control_Panel.exe

rith want file from i770

R2VS.cpl,

-R2VS_ARM_WM6_Pro_Driver.dll,

-R2VS_Effect_Control_Panel.exe

and i want to know i780 have this file?

i dont own an i780, and therefore i cannot answer any of ur questions. i dont know the layout of this i780 and i just got a custom rom for it and its like browsing almost blindly.

it takes time to learn how to use kitchens to cook roms and in the reverse way how to extract what i need from them.it is not the same as browsing in the explorer of ur fone or in the registry of ur fone, its a bit harder to figure out what goes where and the reg entries etc... i know exactly what files are needed and when i find them i will send them.

downloading manuals and asking the same file over will not help much, so be patient. when i get the files and the reg entries, they will be posted.

Guest ardvarkofdoom
before sleep open wow hd setting and press Power button then you phone can sleep and wake up. try this

but every time sleep open wow hd setting

So, everytime you HAVE to open up the setting? and even then, you can't suspend the omnia... yeah, that's completely bull. I love the program, but that's too much. More so because my battery already runs down too much at work. Hopefully someone will be able to actually fix this.

Guest achen_su
So, everytime you HAVE to open up the setting? and even then, you can't suspend the omnia... yeah, that's completely bull. I love the program, but that's too much. More so because my battery already runs down too much at work. Hopefully someone will be able to actually fix this.

EVERY TIME YOU OPEN WOW HD SETTING THEN PRESS POWER BUTTON YOU OMNIA SUSPEND

Guest Adrynalyne
i could get only a dll file, the r2vs dll file from a i780, couldnt locate the .cpl or .exe app that opens in programs. i couldnt get the reg entries yet from the i780 rom.

i dont own a i780, just got a custom rom for it and i extracted what i needed.

btw in the zip file, u will find the wm6.1 pro r2vs dll from a custom i780 rom and the original r2vs dll from an official i900 DZIA5 rom.

will post more if i can get the reg entries and the .cpl and .exe files for the new r2vs

From what I have gathered, the i780 is the same case as the i900/i910 users. Driver is there, driver works, but no real way to access it as the i760 control panel blows.

Guest kav
From what I have gathered, the i780 is the same case as the i900/i910 users. Driver is there, driver works, but no real way to access it as the i760 control panel blows.

yes, true.

but its really hard to get a i770 saga rom. i have been looking all over the internet, and so far no luck at all. i am trying to get a pda bin file for the i770, preferably from an official rom, but cant find any, not even on some chinese websites, which i have been browsing through for almost 2 days now using google translator.

gettting tired with this, i guess will have to leave r2vs as it is. :D

Guest Adrynalyne
yes, true.

but its really hard to get a i770 saga rom. i have been looking all over the internet, and so far no luck at all. i am trying to get a pda bin file for the i770, preferably from an official rom, but cant find any, not even on some chinese websites, which i have been browsing through for almost 2 days now using google translator.

gettting tired with this, i guess will have to leave r2vs as it is. :D

Even a rom dump should be fine.

Guest Adrynalyne
apparently roms for the i770 saga cannot be found on the internet :D :lol:

Hence the need for a rom dump. It will require someone with an i770 to do it.

Guest kav
i cant seem to find it once i install it ??? any ideas ? i have dxhk1

r2vs is in start- programs, u will find it there as samsungr2vs.

btw, maybe u should think abt updating ur firmware, dxhk1 is outdated i think, there is already dxia5.

Guest Tulius

Short question: Do I have to download the docs located at the first post in this site? I just need to know if everything is fixed! THANKS!

Guest vbox

Hi all

WOW HD is great sound enhancement, but R2VS is low dynamics, noisy and useless, by my opinion. Because they are not work together in any way, I think there no need of R2VS.

I have played with registry for weeks and found a way to avoid freezing the device, when it comes to suspend with WOW HD working. I have created cab with WOW HD instalation with more specific registry for Omnia, but it must be installed on a clear device.

So if you want to try it, remove R2VS, remove WOW HD, softreset and make sure the sound is working and device is not freeze anymore when it's going to suspend. Then install my cab and try if it will work.

My advice is if the device freezes and cannot wakeup, after reset or switch on, first go to WOW HD settings and turn it off for a moment, press OK, then turn it on again, and it will work until next reset.

In my Omnia WOW HD works without any sound/power issues, suspending and waking up with any button, playng music, TV online, radio on a handsfree or bluetooth stereo headset (Jabra BT8010) and the sound is exelent.

I have notice that it may freeze when it suspend after turning off bluetooth, but there is so many issues with bluetooth and power management, so it is acceptable for me.

My device is: Omnia/8G, PDA: I900DXIA2/DZIA1 lite ROM, Phone: I900DXID1

P.S.: It will install registry for WOW HD with bluetooth too. It will uninstall proper all, if not work in your device, i have test that.

And please excuse me - my English is very bad.

Edited by vbox

Guest FerdiBorbon

oohh...could this be the miracle fix?...anyways is this SRS WOW program or just registry tweaks only?

also ive got R2VS installed now, should i uninstall first then install this cab...or just install straight up?

Guest FerdiBorbon

WOW , installed this baby and to my suprise it WORKS!!! no freezing "Vbox" you are the man....im using qbux Q07 and basically i did not uninstall R2VS just disabled it...installed the above cab, soft reset then it automaticlly sets it on headphones...tested for 30 mins and its great... very very happy!@!

Guest vbox
oohh...could this be the miracle fix?...anyways is this SRS WOW program or just registry tweaks only?

also ive got R2VS installed now, should i uninstall first then install this cab...or just install straight up?

Yes, I was about to answer you, when see your new post. I will be glad if it work for more people. In your way - only disabling R2VS it will work too, but in the moment you enable R2VS again, WOW HD driver will stop to work. For that I suggest you first to uninstall old drivers - both of them, and then install mine. It's not only registry tweak, it installs WOW HD, but with different registry, than the previews drivers. And, i am not so sure for moment it is final solution. But more feedback will help, especially from people who are close to the WinMo registry

Guest FerdiBorbon

Vbox: much appreciated mate....the only reason i used R2VS was because there no fix for SRS WOW before, and i tried to tell myself that the sound is great...but i was just foolin myself as the first time i used SRS it was amazed how my music & movies sounded at the time...until today R2VS is bunk again :D

You have seriously made my day...as my movies on coreplayer has stopped dropping frames... when R2VS is enabled no good..... now SRS zero frames dropped!!

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest FerdiBorbon

**Spoke too soon** ....power bug is still there :D

Lost Audio too after uninstalling...crap gotta hard reset :lol:

Edited by FerdiBorbon

Guest vbox
**Spoke too soon** ....power bug is still there :lol:

Lost Audio too after uninstalling...crap gotta hard reset :lol:

Sorry to hear that. I have installed more than 3 times, uninstall restores the original driver and after softreset, device comes with original sound driver. I have do hardreset too, for installing on a clear device and it worked before and work now too. Think you can install R2VS and no need hard reset, it will restore R2VS driver. :D :(

Guest vbox

I must say... If you don't want to bother with SRS WOW HD driver and power problems, you can always use R2VS. I am posting cab here after many options to try and the driver works for my device more than 7 days. I really don't wanted to do hardreset, but i made it to test if the driver will install on a clear device, and everything was alright (install and uninstall). I have only 1 Omnia and for now the driver works fine.

Other is your decision.

Edited by vbox

Guest FerdiBorbon

Since ive hard reseted now...im experimenting to see how ur file reacts now...my steps at the moment to make it work...

1. Hard Reset

3. Install R2VS...then configure to 3d sound...

4. Soft Reset

5. Install SRS WOW

6. Soft Reset

7. Enable SRS WOW then Disable R2VS

8. Uninstall R2VS.

9. Soft Reset...now see how it reacts from here.....

Guest FerdiBorbon
I must say... If you don't want to bother with SRS WOW HD driver and power problems, you can always use R2VS. I am posting cab here after many options to try and the driver works for my device more than 7 days. I really don't wanted to do hardreset, but i made it to test if the driver will install on a clear device, and everything was alright (install and uninstall). I have only 1 Omnia and for now the driver works fine.

Other is your decision.

No dont get me wrong dude, i appreciate your hard efforts...hard reset is not an issue for me i do too often...but i really wanna make this work for me too...so ill keep testing :D

Guest Tulius

Other is your decision.

Hey VBOX!!! Looks like you did it!

I was asking where to download, because I haven't installed any SRS or RVS drivers ever, now I got the latest firmware but since I've heard that there are some problems with device not waking up and also running out of battery quicker, I decided to wait a little.

Do your cab tweaked solves this problems there were in the other cabs?

THANKS!!! :D