spb mobile shell vs m2d

Guest ricey

Guest ricey

hi everyone,

well i finally got the balls to flash my firmware. Im currently running tarils DXIA5.

Just wondering what are the differences between spb mobile shell and M2D? As they both seem to do the same type of thing.

Cheers

Ricey

Guest enoir
hi everyone,

well i finally got the balls to flash my firmware. Im currently running tarils DXIA5.

Just wondering what are the differences between spb mobile shell and M2D? As they both seem to do the same type of thing.

Cheers

Ricey

I think the answer is best served up by youtube B)

I prefer M2D as it suits my needs more.

Guest mobilehappy
what are the advantages of m2d then?

Its free and have some integrated functions like email, audio player and so on.

The negative is mainly that it only work in portrait orientation.

SPB Mobile Shell is great too, and the new version 3 which is supposed to be released this month looks to be totally awesome. View http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7fBRUwOYUM.

Guest Massive Attack

i used to have spb mobile shell, now im using m2d, i find spb as just a "launcher" with calendar view, clock view, etc. plus its not a today item. m2d is a today item, with more functions like today desktop audio player, picture browser, sms, email, etc. though with a lot of functions comes a lot of space needed, i installed complete m2d on official firmware and i was left with 5MB of space, i had to use cooked firmware so ill have more space.

Guest second_east
can anyone supply a link and install instructions for the M2D then plz. Might aswell give it a try.

cheers guys

Ricey

+1

A version suited for our omnia. Thank you in advance.

Guest FerdiBorbon

Also i think Spb shell drains the battery faster,...as ive messed around with both m2d and spb...shame the animations on the spb looks sweet, but its really just a launcher imo too.

Guest Michael Pang
Also i think Spb shell drains the battery faster,...as ive messed around with both m2d and spb...shame the animations on the spb looks sweet, but its really just a launcher imo too.

this is not for me. on the other hand, i think M2D drain my battery faster than SPB Mobile Shell.

I can use 17hours before i reached 20% in i use SPB Mobile Shell

I can now only have less than 15 hours if i used M2D.

Anyone have the same experience?

Guest Th3rmal
this is not for me. on the other hand, i think M2D drain my battery faster than SPB Mobile Shell.

I can use 17hours before i reached 20% in i use SPB Mobile Shell

I can now only have less than 15 hours if i used M2D.

Anyone have the same experience?

My batter only drains that fast if i leave my GPRS connections on. If i turn off my GPRS connections, and keep them off, i can go without a charge for like 3-4 days on minimum use, and about 3 days medium use.