[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

For the last couple of days I'm having some problem with Omnia self turning off. It works normally and sometimes when screens turns off, phone shuts down, but it's impossible to turn it on. I need to remove battery first and then turn it on. It happens totally randomly and started last week. After flashing (I did hard reset) everything was like it should be. So maybe I should flash to latest KC's 23060 build?

Guest scottath

Im currently on the 9 August 2009 - Omnia ROM base DXIF1 hybrid 23016/21928 UltraLite with BT-audio fix

Of late (last ~3 weeks) my sound on the radio and WMP is sounding like the rear speaker output of a 5.1 system - very faint voices - only bass line - no melody etc in the audio

have tried different headphones - but nothing changed it

All other sounds seem fine - and anything played via the speaker is fine - but if i plug in the headphone cable i get this weird massivly distorted audio....

any ideas?

im waiting for the next rom to flash again (either the next by Khuanchai or the next from Nicklashidegard)

Any ideas in the mean time?

I have tried a hard reset also - no fix

Thanks in advanced

scottath

EDIT: just uninstaller SRS WOW - still does it - although intermittent now (one or 2 seconds or normal playback per 10 seconds of crap playback.)

To imagine it - think of playing music and listening underwater - or to 5.1 speakers with only the rear channels plugged in....

Edited by scottath

Guest JahzWolf
Thanks. Answer to your question on BT fix in the fist post.

Thank you for all your hard work..

I was successful in installing the new rom standard, and one of your ROMs with 6.5 and it is awesome!!!

I work at Microsoft and we have nothing like this available...

Guest Aeropars

Hi guys,

I'm a total boob to this so looking for a little help on a couple of issues.

I want the latest version of this rom on my vodaphone UK omnia.

Do i download this release - UL_IF1_23053 6 MB pagepool?

When i've flashed it, will the phone automatically set itself up on the vodaphone network?

Are the normal phone applications like the phone dialler and address book already installed on this rom?

Many thanks for your hlp in advance.

Guest Tormios
Hi guys,

I'm a total boob to this so looking for a little help on a couple of issues.

I want the latest version of this rom on my vodaphone UK omnia.

Do i download this release - UL_IF1_23053 6 MB pagepool?

When i've flashed it, will the phone automatically set itself up on the vodaphone network?

Are the normal phone applications like the phone dialler and address book already installed on this rom?

Many thanks for your hlp in advance.

The latest ROM in this thread is 50. UL_IF1_23060 6 MB pagepool.

normal phone apps already installed

yes, phone should automatically set itself up on the vodaphone network

Guest skaynan
I have big problem with sms bug , I cant reply to any sms , when i click on reply a white page coming and stop.

please help me..

Uninstall any additional language you installed, soft reset, and see if it solves your prob.

if it is, look for a different/newer cab for your language.

Hope that hepls.

Tried to enable threads but it did not solve it. I used favorite hackings to do so.

The bug is not on reply only. Also if you have long SMS and you need to open it in order to read the full text it will take ages to be openned.

Guest scottath
Im currently on the 9 August 2009 - Omnia ROM base DXIF1 hybrid 23016/21928 UltraLite with BT-audio fix

Of late (last ~3 weeks) my sound on the radio and WMP is sounding like the rear speaker output of a 5.1 system - very faint voices - only bass line - no melody etc in the audio

have tried different headphones - but nothing changed it

All other sounds seem fine - and anything played via the speaker is fine - but if i plug in the headphone cable i get this weird massivly distorted audio....

any ideas?

im waiting for the next rom to flash again (either the next by Khuanchai or the next from Nicklashidegard)

Any ideas in the mean time?

I have tried a hard reset also - no fix

Thanks in advanced

scottath

EDIT: just uninstaller SRS WOW - still does it - although intermittent now (one or 2 seconds or normal playback per 10 seconds of crap playback.)

To imagine it - think of playing music and listening underwater - or to 5.1 speakers with only the rear channels plugged in....

Anyone?

Im at a loss as to what to do (and need to find another HDD to install XP on before i can do that either)

Guest Tormios
Anyone?

Im at a loss as to what to do (and need to find another HDD to install XP on before i can do that either)

Use VMWare then you don't need new HDD

What ROM you are waiting for? 23060 is the last by Khuanchai

Guest Tormios
Tried to enable threads but it did not solve it. I used favorite hackings to do so.

The bug is not on reply only. Also if you have long SMS and you need to open it in order to read the full text it will take ages to be openned.

Threaded SMS is enabled by default.

What ROM you are using?

Guest scottath

Just waiting for the "Next" rom - as its been a week since the last one - thought a new one would be not that far off (like a day or 2)(and who evers rom.....)

Does my issue sound like its rom related?

I have plenty of HDD's here - just need to fish one out of my stash (only need ~8gb for XP)

i could partition my gaming systems disk (1.2tb) but cannot be bothered.....

Edited by scottath

Guest scottath
It's worth to try flash any other ROM to be sure that it isn't a hardware problem (IMHO)

I'll do that tomorrow night then.....

So if it was hardware issue it would be the samsung->3 1/4" cable or the connector on the phones end?

Just a little weird being slightly intermittet and only with the headset - and not with the speaker....

how is samsung with repairs? i bought mine second hand so dont have nay proof of initial purchase etc

Guest scottath
I believe new flash will fix your problem. :)

I *hope* a flash will fix it *fingers (and everything) crossed*

Thanks for the recommendation - that was what i was going to try - just wanted to check so i didnt screw something over badly.....

Guest skaynan

I say again:

For the blank white screen when trying to read email/sms:

Uninstall ANY language pack you installed

Soft reset.

Now, if it's solved, look for a different language pack to use with the new Master K's rom. I already posted here a Hebrew cab that works fine, others can post other languages.

Hope that helps.

Guest selcuk666

for me it is excellent rom, almost without any bug, and battery is perfect thanks

but kinetic scrooling does not work with uptodate and wickipock and isilo and chm reader ( I mean by finger) on the other side ikinetic scrolling works excellently in every other program ( internet explorer, file explorer )

is there a way to add knetic scrolling ability to above mentioned programs , any registry hack or somethink else

thank you in advance

rom is realy perfect

Edited by selcuk666

Guest skaynan
for me it is excellent rom, almast without any bug, and battery is perfect thanks

but kinetic scrooling does not work with uptodate and wickipock and isilo and chm reader ( I mean by finger) on the other side it works excellently in every other program ( internet explorer, file explorer )

is there a way to add knetic scrolling ability to above mentioned programs , any registry hack or somethink else

thank you in advance

rom is realy perfect

Scrolling doesn't work with HTC audiomanager either.

I say again:

Soft reset.

Now, if it's solved, look for a different language pack to use with the new Master K's rom. I already posted here a Hebrew cab that works fine, others can post other languages.

Hope that helps.

Worked great , thanks.

Guest baldoski
I say again:

Soft reset.

Hope that helps.

but i have never installed any language pack and the sms/email bug still exists.

unless a language pack is already cooked-in...

but i have enabled threaded sms and it kinda lessened the lag in opening new/reply sms/email screen.

i still hope you guys can fix this bug... i know you guys can :)

cheers!!!