[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest gianton
Is there A "How Too" or tutorial on flashing ROMs? I would like to be pointed to it and would love to try this one

Follow Taril's guide mate and you should be fine.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...rom-18-03-2009/

Hi Giantom, I apologize for being so newby, but what do you mean by "phone part" and "DXIA5 phone". I flashed my Omnia with Manila2d lite Rom.... what kind of "phone part" do i have? What are "phone parts" for? Is there any upgrade reccomended?

I hope I could make myself understand correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Bye, Romp.

These ROMs don't have a phone.bin inside the .exe, so your phone part will be untouched after flashing. If yu want to have the latest phone part then flash with the ROM I uploaded.

Hope this is clear to to you.

Guest Jabberd

Mirror mirror mirror...

Khuanchai_Omnia_Non-M2D_21198_BTFix

::FileFactory::

::Mediafire::

This ROM is COOL!!! Try it and share.

ช่วยเผยแพร่นะครับอาจารย์ ถ้าไม่ต้องการเดี๋ยวผมเอาออ

Edited by Jabberd

Guest ronaldb3

These ROMs don't have a phone.bin inside the .exe, so your phone part will be untouched after flashing. If yu want to have the latest phone part then flash with the ROM I uploaded.

Hi gianton,

Most of the cooked roms of late have phone part DXIA2 or none at all. Even the first plain DXAI5 had phone DXAI2. What does DXIA5 phone give us that's different?

Thanks... Ron...

Guest rompeporton

Thank you very mucho for your answer Gianton, it´s very clear. I am downloading you ROM right now. Just let me ask you the last question before I flash my OMNIA with your ROM...

In my OMNIA:

In system/Version/My device it says :

Version PDA: i900DXIA5

Version Phone: i900DXIA2

Do you think I need an upgrade (using your ROM)?

Is there any big difference beetween pre- DXIA5 phone part and post DXIA5 phone part? Can you give me an example....

Sorry for bothering you again, just wondering the benefits of making another flash.

Thanks.

Romp.

Guest gianton

@ronaldb3 & rompeporton

Can't see much of a difference between IA2 & IA5 phone really. Just feeling good that I have the last build. B)

No need to reflash rompeporton.

Edited by gianton

Guest mikecw

Unless I'm a complete idiot the known activesync / exchange2003 bug has returned in the 21198 builds. It had disappeared in 21195, but I'm now seeing the same behaviour as earlier builds in 21198 - you can get up to three syncs OK, but then email stops syncing, reporting error 0x80070057...

Mike

Guest braundy

Hi, is there a way i can sort the lockscreen please, As when it's locked and i get a call it comes up unknown caller most of the time but then other times it will show callers name please can someone help as i want it to say callers name all the time when it rings. Thanks Des

Edited by braundy

Guest Maxwell Newton
May I suggest you to install another keyboard? Personally, I'm happy with fingerkeyboard (google it) and HTC EzInput QVGA, this one you can get at XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=426281

I tried Fingerkeyboard 2 which is great but if you like the phonepad then you should try HTC EzInput QVGA which I currently have as well.

The HTC phonepad is what im looking for (bit small though B) ) however it doesnt work! When i press the keys with the letters on, nothing happens!!

This is gettin a bit serious now! I find it near impossable to send texts with the 'Keyboard'. Is it just me who doesnt have the Omnia keyboards? If so can someone please help me fix it, if not, can someone please tell me how to install the omnia keyboards?

Thanks guys,

Max

Edited by Maxwell Newton

Guest Maxwell Newton

I am having a most random problem :S

The date and time keep resetting themselves back to January 2008 and it keeps shoving the time forward 2.5 hours?? Any fix for that?

Also the alarm doesnt go off.... I thought that was meant to be fixed in this release? Anyone know off the top of their heads what number post it was here to download the file to get the alarm working again, or does anyone have a cab for tclock.exe ?? That would be better!!!

Guest skullriper

Hi,

found your ROM right now and i had to say ......

WOW B)

Very good work.

I think the best ROM i have installed jet.

The only thing i want to know is if there a way to modifie the Home-screen like m2da does for manilla.

lg

Guest mementomori
So whats the difference in the M2d and non M2d roms?

WELL THE DIFFERENCE IS M2D B)

NO IM SORRY I GUESS YOU DONT KNOW MANILLA2D IS JUST A USER INTERFACE THAT LOOK like the touchflow interface from the htc models

sorry for my caps lock ;-)

Edited by mementomori

Guest bicycleray

I am also having an issue just loading the rom.

No matter what download I use when the program comes up to search for my device it doesn't find it. And when I reboot my phone it will say "timeout-" 5 times then "PDA Device not found." Anyone know why this is happening. Please help.

I have the Omnia Verizon i910

Guest gianton

No matter what download I use when the program comes up to search for my device it doesn't find it. And when I reboot my phone it will say "timeout-" 5 times then "PDA Device not found." Anyone know why this is happening. Please help.

This ROM is for i900.

Guest loeek
Hello Khuanchai,

Thank a lot for your beautiful ROM, your are my favourite cooker :-)

But i have some problems: 1/ The mouse does not work.

2/ The radio application does not show the name radio then the RDS does not work.

3/ I want to use the S2U2 application but I must to remove the windows Lock, How do it ???

4/ The Video Call does not work too.

Sorry for my English.

Kind regards.

Hello,

Someone can me explain how do remove the Windows lock ???

Edited by loeek

Guest Maxwell Newton

I switched to Windows XP and then tried over and over until it worked. Just keep turning it off, plugging it in and turning it back on again, good luck!

On another note, does anyone here who has flashed the rom, have access to use the samsung keyboards for sms input?

If not, anyone know a way to get those keybaords back?

Guest palah
Is it safe to update to this ROM after Taril's? Or do I need to flash some official rom (some original DXIA5)?

did with Tarils latest rom first as this does not include phone part....no challenges but as always follow directions B)

Guest wwwwong
Unless I'm a complete idiot the known activesync / exchange2003 bug has returned in the 21198 builds. It had disappeared in 21195, but I'm now seeing the same behaviour as earlier builds in 21198 - you can get up to three syncs OK, but then email stops syncing, reporting error 0x80070057...

Mike

I got the same problem. Anyone has solution, please ?

Guest Khuanchai
I switched to Windows XP and then tried over and over until it worked. Just keep turning it off, plugging it in and turning it back on again, good luck!

On another note, does anyone here who has flashed the rom, have access to use the samsung keyboards for sms input?

If not, anyone know a way to get those keybaords back?

It's already in the first post. Look at the bottom for "omnia keyboard".

Good morning everyone,

I haven't showed up for a while but still keep updating the first post, especially the Mini-Howto's section. Please let me know if I missed some important Howto's. For new friends please read carefully through the first post before asking question. I believe you may find most answers there. B)

Looks like we now have quite stable ROM that few questions related to ROM's bugs. I didn't answer several questions about some software (e.g., S2U2, etc.) because I never used them. Thanks to friends who answer these questions for us. Also, some other bugs not related to WM 6.5 and my customized ROM. However, I'll include some of them to Mini-Howto's section as well.

There is no new ROM build coming up, making me a little bored. :( Anyway, I have some plans for the next release:

1. I'll add Pako's latest camera driver (saving files to YYMMDD_HHMMSS format). Details here: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/284504/...driver/page/60/

2. Rearrange program folders for better Startmenu scroll.

3. Optimize tools for smaller ROM size.

Suggestions for better future ROM are welcome.