[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest gianton
Hi All,

I may have a possible fix for the Caller ID issue.

I installed CHome Configurator to play around / edit the 6.5 menus etc. Get it from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=393104

I selected show for the following menus: CHome, Clinks, CMessage, CMyFaves, Settings and saved.

Nb. You must turn off 'Windows Default' in the Items tab in Today before making any adjustments.

When done, select Menu, then Exit and then save the settings. I then turned the 'Windows Default' back on and I thought I might try the 6.5 lock again.

After that I locked my phone. I then happened to recieve a call and the callerid worked.

I also tested it from my home and wifes phone and the callerid worked too. I haven't tested it outside of this or on numbers not in my address book.

If that doesn't work I also had S2U2 installed and reenabled the 6.5 lock when it was still installed. I have since un-installed it and it's still working ok.

I don't think S2U2 relates but who knows.

I also have installed and are running iDialer and iContact.

Hopefully the above may work for you too.

Thanks

Adam

Thanks for the advise m8. Was your phone locked and the screen turned off by WM settings?

Cause I have the Caller ID working only when the phone is locked and the screen NOT turned off.

Edited by gianton

Guest chokia

Caller id works after the second time any number call in.

screenshot8k.png

Thats the bug, a small one. not like it wont get to identify at all.

Edited by chokia

Guest gianton
Caller id works after the second time any number call in.

screenshot8k.png

Thats the bug, a small one. not like it wont get to identify at all.

Not happening on my phone... B)

Guest inspigr

Good Morning everyone!

Chokia can you please tell me how you can i have a screen like yours in lock mode? It is awesome!

Thank you!

Guest Adam Smith

Sorry if I got anyones hopes up.

It's not working when the screen is off

Sorry again

Adam

Edited by Adam Smith

Guest gianton
Sorry if I got anyones hopes up.

It's not working when the screen is off

Sorry again

Adam

Yes the same happens here. Thanks anyway m8.

Guest chokia

Gianton, you mean you never get caller id even the same number call u twice?

Thats really weird if my phone doesnt display caller id , i can never make that screen shot.

Even now my phone is sleeping (screen off) , i call with from my house phone and still gets caller id

Inspigr

It is standard lock screen of WM6.5, Press and hold the end button (provided u set it to lock the phone)

or Autolock when you wake the phone from sleeping.

Edited by chokia

Guest gianton
Gianton, you mean you never get caller id even the same number call u twice?

Thats really weird if my phone doesnt display caller id , i can never make that screen shot.

Inspigr

It is standard lock screen of WM6.5, Press and hold the end button (provided u set it to lock the phone)

or Autolock when you wake the phone from sleeping.

Not working ONLY when the screen is turned off (blank). It works ONLY when locked but screen NOT turned off. Despite how many times I get a call from the same number.

Back to S2U2 1.45... B)

Guest Adam Smith

Ok - We'll have another crack.

I've disabled the HTC task manager and this time I get the Caller ID even when the screen is off.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

Adam

Edited by Adam Smith

Guest Scenarium

Thank you so much for that tip B) i was searching for that also.

looks like all the themes u put in ur phone r not zip files, they have to be zip files. dont extract them.......... and also u might need PocketRAR for it.........otherwise it wont be recognized as zip files on ur phone. then do it the normal way ( add then apply)

Guest Scenarium

Hi There,

I really like this ROM! B)

but i have a view questions, could someone please answer them?

1: Is it possible to disable the sound on the "END CALL" button, when i push it? but i want to keep the sound when i End a Call?

2: can i also disable the sound from the buttons in the Dial Menu?

3: How can i Order the buttons in the Start Menu?

4: How can i make the Omnia's Side button which normally starts the Menu, to open the Start Menu?

Thank you!

Marc

Guest gianton
Ok - We'll have another crack.

I've disabled the HTC task manager and this time I get the Caller ID even when the screen is off.

Can someone confirm this?

Thanks

Adam

Not working. B)

Guest chokia

I made this video when my phone was sleeping (screen off), and made a call to it via house phone, caller id did appear.

hqdefault.jpg

Click to watch (no sound)

Guest gianton
I made this video when my phone was sleeping (screen off), and made a call to it via house phone, caller id did appear.

hqdefault.jpg

Click to watch (no sound)

Well maybe you are lucky m8. Not working on mine.

Which ROM are you on right now?

Guest Crushader

apparently, the caller id doesnt work properly on mine as well, I would get unknown caller, unless the same caller calls back like 2 times then the called id would shown....

Guest dave18

I'm on non M2D lite rom. My Opera browser is configured to mobile view by default and i can't change it since for this build, under settings there is no longer check box for desktop view. I've tried checking and unchecking the mobile view box without success. Can someone pls help. Shame to have to go back to 6.1. thanks

Guest Khuanchai

My observation on Lockscreen and call ID:

1. On M2D, phone alert will constantly show unknown caller ID.

2. On Titanium/WM6 today, press lockscreen first and power off, phone alert will mostly show unknown caller ID.

3. On Titanium/WM6 today + set device to lock on waken up, and power off, phone alert will mostly show correct caller ID.

4. On Titanium/WM6 today + set device to lock on waken up, press lockscreen first and power off, phone alert will mostly show unknown caller ID.

It's absolutely a WM 6.5 bug. Will have to wait for next build.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest Crushader

There's also another bug, when I turn phone back on from lock, slide to unlock, it will show the unlocked screen for a split second, and then goes back to slide to unlock screen again. Happened randomly from time to time, any suggestion on what caused this and how to fix it?

Guest gianton
My observation on Lockscreen and call ID:

1. On M2D, phone alert will constantly show unknown caller ID.

2. On Titanium/WM6 today, press lockscreen first and power off, phone alert will mostly show unknown caller ID.

3. On Titanium/WM6 today + set device to lock on waken up, and power off, phone alert will mostly show correct caller ID.

4. On Titanium/WM6 today + set device to lock on waken up, press lockscreen first and power off, phone alert will mostly show unknown caller ID.

It's absolutely a WM 6.5 bug. Will have to wait for next build.

Thanks for quoting this Khuanchai.

I haven't tried #3 as I only use M2D. S2U2 1.45 works great though. Will wait for this bug fixed as default WM lockscreen is working a lot more stable than S2U2. For instance when navigating with iG08 and get an incoming call, there are times that the Call ID from S2U2 is not working.

Quess we all have to wait for a better less buggy build. 6.1 is history for me and will not revert back. I am more than happy with your latest 21198 ROM even with these small bugs occuring. B)

Edited by gianton

Guest Lancez

well, i dont always get unkonwn caller ID as u guys got...... dont know what is related. but anytime after i flashed my phone, i would hard reset my phone 5-6 times, to get rid all the possible bugs. coz i noticed that when something went wrong and hard reset is in order, one or 2 hard reset wont fix the problems. its just my 2 cents......who knows. but u guys can always can give it a try, just dont blam me for couple of hours reinstalling those programs B)

Edite: have u guys tried to enable the Samsung Dialer? it might do the trick,,,,,,,

Edited by Lancez

Guest efjay
Hello.I dl your latest rom from march31 and im very happy with it.I just have one problem and i dont know if its me or something i have to do.I have a stereo bluetooth and when i have it on listening to music i cant hear someones calling.I just know that someone is calling because the volume level lowers.And then things go worse because the phone "tranfers" the calling sound to the headset automatically and i cant do anything.

Please help.Thanks

EDIT I raised the ring sounds and its working ok now thanks sorry to bother

Hi there, can you tell me which values you changed, I have the same problem with my BT headset. Thanks.

Guest braundy

Where can i find the samsung dialer please

well, i dont always get unkonwn caller ID as u guys got...... dont know what is related. but anytime after i flashed my phone, i would hard reset my phone 5-6 times, to get rid all the possible bugs. coz i noticed that when something went wrong and hard reset is in order, one or 2 hard reset wont fix the problems. its just my 2 cents......who knows. but u guys can always can give it a try, just dont blam me for couple of hours reinstalling those programs B)

Edite: have u guys tried to enable the Samsung Dialer? it might do the trick,,,,,,,

Guest ronaldb3
Where can i find the samsung dialer please

Got this from another post. Try it:

HKLM/Security/Phone/Skin/Enabled: 0 : change 0 to 1

Wait 30 sec for Registry to update. Soft reset.

Let us know if this works, please.

Ron...