[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest fritzprezz
hi khuanchai

tanx for b.u.t.ful rom .i use 4 in 1 21198

this so good for me(fast&stable)

but i have problem:i cant connect o internet with a usb for use opera&explorer but when i up dated the weather in the touch flo i see updeated?

were is the problem?

any body can help me?

solution already provided on the first post..but to solve thst..go to start>settings>connection>operator settingselect different network...wait for 30 secs...then set back again to your original network or operator....ty

Guest PICHAI
1. classic black theme in file explorer shows files very close to each other, i tried to replace the classic black from the first page but i stays that way aether.

anyone else has that problem or is ti just me.

post-487960-1239368461_thumb.jpg

hard reseted 4in1 21500 problem still exist

I have the same problem.

Guest corwest

Problem with internet connections, Opera will connect to my modem but i het this ERROR HTTP $CODE$...... message. Any thoughts? And it was working on the 202 series of the 3 in 1 before i flashed to this new 4 in 1

Guest gianton
1. classic black theme in file explorer shows files very close to each other, i tried to replace the classic black from the first page but i stays that way aether.

anyone else has that problem or is ti just me.

post-487960-1239368461_thumb.jpg

hard reseted 4in1 21500 problem still exist

Same here.

UPDATE: ROM is rock stable after first 24h+.

Guest ntbook
For those who want to install titanium weather..

Note: make sure you disable titanium in setting>today (windows default)

1) download this version:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1238273845

Install on Device... not in storage!!

2) Follow the setup procedures here:

1. Disable Titanium in Settings -> Today -> Items

2. Install Showaco's Titanium Weather - QVGA Version - by mnemonique v2

3. It will ask you to restart Device, click ok to soft reset device.

4. Scroll down to launcher in Today's Panel and click Setup in right soft key.

5. Highlight 3) Configure Forecast Options/Setup, Click OK

6. Configure Zip or Location Code | Temperature Units

7. after you've configure the settings, Select Cancel in right soft key to display Main Menu

8. Highlight 2) Run Full Update and exit

3) after installing... overwrite the attached file on windows directory using resco explorer... or alike.

resco explorer makes you overwrite files (BY force)...

Thanks... some say this is buggy.... but it works on me. using khuanchai's latest rom/build..

I get to install it, but it says "Invalid Location" I'm having trouble trying to figure out what should I enter as "Location Code", am in buenos aires Argentina, do you know where can I find a list or maybe what web server downloads this plugin from?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Lancez
The internet thing is really bothering me. Does anyone in the US have the settings for T:mobile to access internet?

why dont u give them a call?

Guest corwest

Because its not them, My other tmobile branded phone works fine still but its the settings or something on the Omnia. Tmobile help isnt really helpful if your using an unlocked phone also.

Guest chokia
aww.. how i wish my friend... im trying to play around the nuts and bolts of this firmware.. maybe i can take advantage of my career... im using c# maybe i can play around with it... my plan is to mimic spb 3.0 ubuntu effect... im thinking to use flash for the motion... well just a thought.. need to burn eye brows for this...

btw, why can't we create icons like this.. ive heard omnia having a hard time rendering this detailed kind of icons...

This guy is bringing back the honeycomb but the CAB is not working for Omnia

screen02n.jpg

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=498936

I realized there are 5 files involved in his xml R_fyvitto_WM6.5_Hexagons.cab

Edited by chokia

Guest Lancez
Because its not them, My other tmobile branded phone works fine still but its the settings or something on the Omnia. Tmobile help isnt really helpful if your using an unlocked phone also.

i just switched to ATT few weeks ago and couldnt remember the T-mobile's setting anymore :excl:

try this one here http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/intern...rica/?topicseen

i posted over samsung-omnia.org months ago

Edited by Lancez

Guest ewgast
I have the same problem, is there a solution? btw great ROM khuanchai :excl:

Original file here...

great work, i had the same problem but didn't saved my old file. thank you for this.

but i would rather have a solution! does anyone have a working opera with english names and can upload or send me this file?

Guest Lancez
Thanks for the help but still no go. Maybe the tmo server is down or somethig i dunno

what area r u in? it happened few times b4 in L.A, that is the reason i switched to ATT :excl:

Guest Draganche

great Rom indeed,

but strange problem which I do not have with HTC Diamond,or any other Htc,

when I install .exe application,specifically Skyscape medical software,during installation on winXP whole application (approx.30mb installs on device,and then during instalation on omnia,I choose my storage,and it installs approx 2mb.

on diamond or Tytn 2 which i had before Omnia,programs install on winXP,and during that installation took only 3-4 mb on storage memory(not 30 mb!!!)

what is the problem with this?

thanx in advance,

and thank U for reading my confusing question.

Guest Lancez
Greater Seattle area lancez, I think im routed through a different city though.

i see, nasty weather last week though :excl: . my ATT worked just fine there. anyway, below is what i can think of to get ur internet working, u can try them out when u have chance....

1. a hardreset right after flashing, when u done flashing, pop out the battery and put back in, hold both call & end bottons then turn on ur phone at same time(hold the power-on botton at least 5 sec.), it'll ask u if u wanna format or cancel, choose format

2. After that it'll show up something like "select time zone", dont do anything, soft reset at this point. after that, it'll ask u about auto update time, tap yes for that.... then when u see the phone asking u about auto detect internet setting, tap no.....

3. go to setting>>>connection>>>operator setting, choose singtel, tap ok,wait 30 sec. then switch back to T-mo, wait about another 30 sec. then u'll see the setting in the connection option is empty

4. 1. Tap Start.

2. Tap Settings.

3. Tap on the Connections tab.

4. Tap the Connections icon.

5. Tap Add a new modem connection then put T-Mobile or whatever u want.

6. Tap to select Cellular Line (GPRS) from the Select a modem drop down list.

7. Tap Next.

8. Enter epc.tmobile.com in the Access point name field.

9. Tap Next. leave user name, password and domain name empty

10. Tap Finish.

hopefully it'll help u out, i've been using this setting over 6 months and except few down times everything seems working fine.

Guest corwest

Thanks ill try this out. Do you have to mess with the proxy settings at all?

Edit: You Lancez are a saint! It worked! thanks so much man. where did you find this epc.tmobile setting from? ive never heard of it.

Edited by corwest

Guest Lancez
Thanks ill try this out. Do you have to mess with the proxy settings at all?

Edit: You Lancez are a saint! It worked! thanks so much man. where did you find this epc.tmobile setting from? ive never heard of it.

a guy over samsung-omnia.org long time ago, but u still can use internet2.voicestream.com as APN if u want.... im glad u worked it out and u r very welcome....... :excl:

dont use any proxy sever whatsoever, even if u r on ATT's network, if u see there is proxy settings, delete it and choose "connect to internet" and also there is a setting for the browser connection, choose auto detect settings

Edited by Lancez

Guest ntbook

Hi Khuanchai this ROM is excellent really the best I've tried so far!! Stable, smooth and fast.

The only thing so far, is the connection to gprs, i cannot make it work. I've tried this:

Cannot connect to internet: Go to Settings>Connections>Operator settings, Set a different operator than yours wait for 30 secs and then re-enable your default one.

The problem is, that I have nothing on the list of Operators is empty. I think maybe because none of the operators in Argentina (Personal, Claro, Movistar) are in the embedded settings?, So, the result is that I see an Empty list, nothing to choose.

Leaving that empty as it is, I've tried with my own operator settings (I have them) in Connections>Add a new modem conection, etc.

It seems to conect at first (I get the H in the statusbar) but only to get the error message in opera, or any other application.

WIFI conection does work perfectly.

Thanks for any help you can give me, this ROM rocks!!

Guest Khuanchai

Friends,

Sorry I may not respond to you quickly because it's a long holiday (Thai New Year) in Thailand. Thanks a lot to friends that helped on many questions.

Hi Khuanchai this ROM is excellent really the best I've tried so far!! Stable, smooth and fast.

The only thing so far, is the connection to gprs, i cannot make it work. I've tried this:

Cannot connect to internet: Go to Settings>Connections>Operator settings, Set a different operator than yours wait for 30 secs and then re-enable your default one.

The problem is, that I have nothing on the list of Operators is empty. I think maybe because none of the operators in Argentina (Personal, Claro, Movistar) are in the embedded settings?, So, the result is that I see an Empty list, nothing to choose.

Leaving that empty as it is, I've tried with my own operator settings (I have them) in Connections>Add a new modem conection, etc.

It seems to conect at first (I get the H in the statusbar) but only to get the error message in opera, or any other application.

WIFI conection does work perfectly.

Thanks for any help you can give me, this ROM rocks!!

It's correct that there is no Argentina data in the Samsung OEM. You will need to do that manually.

Do you have Samsung distributor in Argentina that you can ask for settings? If you have link to your local original ROM, I may be able to extract the data and put it into the future ROM.

This guy is bringing back the honeycomb but the CAB is not working for Omnia

screen02n.jpg

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=498936

I realized there are 5 files involved in his xml R_fyvitto_WM6.5_Hexagons.cab

Bringing back the honey-comb hexagons is not very difficult. I need some time to take a look at the code and will be back with the original hexagons CAB.

Honey-comb startmenu: copy all files to /windows and soft reset. You can replace background files with yours.

honey_comb.zip

hi, khaunchai

sorry about the post over setor's thread :excl:

attached a M2D theme ( black & white ) that i made (combination of few different themes) this afternoon, maybe u wanna check it out when u have chance. probably u might wanna use it in ur next release :excl:

p.s. it dose not include any weather files though, i deleted them to save more space on ur latest ROM.

That's OK. You told the truth. :excl:

Thanks for the M2D skin.

Copy this file to replace the one in /windows/opera9/locale

english.zip ( 13.07K ) Number of downloads: 13

Hello.I replaced the file u provide and now i cant get the widget touchwiz to work.It starts to "think" and stays that way.Can u send the original file in opera so i can put it back please? Thanks

Chokia, could you help on this. I'm not currently using the 4-in-1 ROM. I personally think that this shouldn't happen because omniawidget should use the English.lng in /windows/omniawidget. However, I'll test this if I flash to 4-in-1 ROM.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest chokia
Chokia, could you help on this. I'm not currently using the 4-in-1 ROM. I personally think that this shouldn't happen because omniawidget should use the English.lng in /windows/omniawidget. However, I'll test this if I flash to 4-in-1 ROM.

It shouldnt be happening too, i hope im right that he forgotten to unzip the file.

The Ing file a bit tricky, when you unzipped to your computer, you cant see the file, it is hidden even i had my filexplorer to show all files, that's what happened to me yesterday, so i had it open from winrar, copy the code and paste it to notes and save it as English.lng and transferred to Omnia.

Regarding the honeycomb, i saw in the xml only extracting 6 files to replace into windows dir , of coz his files are QVGA while omnia's are WQVGA thats why the cab is not working. So i think these files exist in the old WM6.5 ROM

StartMenu_Background_Screen_240x400.png

StartMenu_Background_Screen_400x240.png

StartMenu_Hexagon_Inactive.png

StartMenu_Hexagon_Active.png

StartMenu_GridScene_240x400.cpr

StartMenu_GridScene_400x240.cpr

if you can extract these files from your old WM6.5 ROM , then we can have the honeycomb back

Edited by chokia

Guest ntbook
It's correct that there is no Argentina data in the Samsung OEM. You will need to do that manually.

Do you have Samsung distributor in Argentina that you can ask for settings? If you have link to your local original ROM, I may be able to extract the data and put it into the future ROM.

Thanks for answering! I have no access to my local original ROM, but I know the manual settings and I have succeded to use them in the past on other custom roms, doing it manually. But it seems I cant make it work on this one :excl:

I used to go to:

settings, connections

add a new modem connection, name "Internet", celular gprs

access point: gprs.personal.com

user name: gprs

password: adgj

domain: (nothing here)

In settings too, browser conection i leave it in "Auto Detect"