[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest conp0

Hey guys and girls

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered but i have done searches through the site and havent found the an answer.

Im new to this smart phone thing i have recently updated my phone from s/e k850 to the samsung omnia and up until finding this site have wanted to throw the thing in the bin. I have downloaded this rom to my PC and am wanted to no exactly how to install it properly but have been game enough to try, as everyone talking about using other programs to run things to make roms work.

So was hoping someone has a walk through guide to ad this rom and other programs to my omnia.

sorry im a newbie and all the help i can get will be much appriecated. Thank you

Guest dinik

finaly after 3 hard resets i can see the 6.5 popup...but it desepiers  from time to time...so i must du a hard reset...do somebody have the same problem?

i cant see the ne pop up menus...i get the old ones...i have done several hard resents...but nothing heppends.

can i somehow activate them?

Guest inspigr
hi all,

thanks for the great rom. i have upgraded to 21500 (3 in 1). pretty good and fast.

however, how come my srcollbar, menu and messagebox not in the WM6.5 style?

i am using M2D as today

I think (correct me if i am wrong) from: SETTINGS/LARGE DISPLAY!

Guest mobilehappy

Thanks Khuanchai,

Tried both 4-in-1 21202 and 21500 , both seems to work great and its nice to be able to choose among the different today screens.

A small note though 21500 misses some of the nice new highlight effects like for instance in the message box.

Guest ntbook
Thanks for answering! I have no access to my local original ROM, but I know the manual settings and I have succeded to use them in the past on other custom roms, doing it manually. But it seems I cant make it work on this one :excl:

I used to go to:

settings, connections

add a new modem connection, name "Internet", celular gprs

access point: gprs.personal.com

user name: gprs

password: adgj

domain: (nothing here)

In settings too, browser conection i leave it in "Auto Detect"

Finally I get it to work with gprs!! I will post the steps i followed, in case there is someone here whose operator in his country are no included in the ROM's operator list, so you will not be able to choose any from the list. It´s almost the same as posted before, with a small difference that made it work for me.

After installing the ROM, make a HardReset.

When it starts again and promts for automatic download settings of your operator, answer NO

After that, It asks you to choose from a list of operators (which if you have the same problem I had, it will be empty) THIS is the key step: Do not answer this box nor with the "ok" in the upper right corner or the softkeys, just press the hardware "Hang" button so it lets you exit to main screen.

After that, you can go to Start, Settings, Connections, Connections and there Add a new modem Connection, using the setting of your operator (you should get this info calling your provider or google it)

And that's it, hope it helps someone!

Again, this ROM is Excellent thanks Khuanchai for your work!

Guest kurniawan
Maybe there is a answer to my question on one of these topics but i can't seem to find it.......

Question: How can i change the Pictures tab on titanium today to point out to an other folder. Standard from all roms it is pointed out to \My documents\My Pictures. But i would like it to show my pics i have on \Storage Card\DCIM\101SSCAM for example.....

Is This possible????

Nobody??

Thanks Khuanchai,

Tried both 4-in-1 21202 and 21500 , both seems to work great and its nice to be able to choose among the different today screens.

A small note though 21500 misses some of the nice new highlight effects like for instance in the message box.

Khuanchai, Do you have a solution for this.... i think mobilehappy means that when selecting the classic black theme it doesn't show up, (only in the menu's). It's not showing in the file explorer either

13. Unknown Caller ID bug: There is a bug when you lock the screen and press power off button. It will show unknown caller ID on incoming call. If you really need to see correct caller ID on lockscreen, you have to set your phone to "Lock on waken up". (Settings>Personal>Buttons>Wake up). Press power off or leave your phone to sleep by itself and you will get correct caller ID on incoming calls. Do not lock the screen before power off.

Hi All

For some reason my omnia just wont "lock on wake up" anyone got any ideas ????

Regards

Nic

Guest Lancez
13. Unknown Caller ID bug: There is a bug when you lock the screen and press power off button. It will show unknown caller ID on incoming call. If you really need to see correct caller ID on lockscreen, you have to set your phone to "Lock on waken up". (Settings>Personal>Buttons>Wake up). Press power off or leave your phone to sleep by itself and you will get correct caller ID on incoming calls. Do not lock the screen before power off.

Hi All

For some reason my omnia just wont "lock on wake up" anyone got any ideas ????

Regards

Nic

u have to enable the lock with PIN, then try again.....

Guest Lancez
Nobody??

i believe a simple registery edit would do the trick......i havent tried it yet. but it wouldnt be too hard. follow the instruction on the first page.

Edited by Lancez

Guest kurniawan
i believe a simple registery edit would do the trick......i havent tried it yet. but it wouldnt be too hard. follow the instruction on the first page.

Thought of that too.... but i simply can't find the string...

Guest kurniawan
u can change the left soft key to do that

i think we misunderstanding each other..... configuring the left and right soft keys, i know how. Also i managed to change which prog opens when tapped on a tab. My only problem is that on the pictures tab, it shows minipics that are saved on My Documents>My Pictures. Is it possible to change this link to let's say..... Storage Card\DCIM\...???

Guest Lancez
i think we misunderstanding each other..... configuring the left and right soft keys, i know how. Also i managed to change which prog opens when tapped on a tab. My only problem is that on the pictures tab, it shows minipics that are saved on My Documents>My Pictures. Is it possible to change this link to let's say..... Storage Card\DCIM\...???

i understood what u were saying, i'll give it a try

Guest fritzprezz
any1 know how to add in weather panel in titanium? like in sector's rom, can i hv the cab?appreciate n thx!

go to page 59 at the top portion..youll find it there :excl:

Guest reversehead

Many many thanks krub, A. Khuanchai

After I got my i900 back from Samsung Silom, I flash your ROM immediately and it's really makes me happy for the BT voice commander fix. But I've found a bug (?) about voice commander krub.

- Launching application by voice via BT, the audio is still in my BT, didn't route back to my i900 krub.

For calling people via BT, it works perfectly krub. :excl: , Now I can drive safely.

The rom I'm using is 5.Omnia TouchFlo 2D build 21028 with Bluetooth Audio Fix (WM 6.1) from the 1st post krub.

Thanks again krub.

P.S. I'm also in PDAMobiz i900 club member with the same username, you may answer at your forum at Mobiz na krub. http://www.pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts....208466&PN=1

Edited by reversehead

Guest Chris64
Many many thanks krub, A. Khuanchai

After I got my i900 back from Samsung Silom, I flash your ROM immediately and it's really makes me happy for the BT voice commander fix. But I've found a bug (?) about voice commander krub.

- Launching application by voice via BT, the audio is still in my BT, didn't route back to my i900 krub.

For calling people via BT, it works perfectly krub. :excl: , Now I can drive safely.

The rom I'm using is 5.Omnia TouchFlo 2D build 21028 with Bluetooth Audio Fix (WM 6.1) from the 1st post krub.

Thanks again krub.

P.S. I'm also in PDAMobiz i900 club member with the same username, you may answer at your forum at Mobiz na krub. http://www.pdamobiz.com/forum/forum_posts....208466&PN=1

That is what I keep talking about.

Somehow my Omnia is dead.

I'm thinking to fix or, buy a new Nokia.

If I buy a Nokia, i'm going to have very expensive Brick.

Guest chokia
That is what I keep talking about.

Somehow my Omnia is dead.

I'm thinking to fix or, buy a new Nokia.

If I buy a Nokia, i'm going to have very expensive Brick.

Don't expect wonders for something given free to you, if you want more workable Voice Command get Microsoft Voice Command V1.6.19971.

Microsoft Voice Command can do wonders, without any voice tagging, via Bt headset mic or omnia mic, you can just say it to the phone and it will do thing for you, make call, open application, play/stop/pause music, ask song title, ask time, ask battery level, ask signal strenght, ask next appointment, ask tommorow appointment, read emal, read sms, with so many option read only for priority email, read only when you're free, read only when you wear bt headset etc

Read more : http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/en-...d-features.mspx

Edited by chokia

Guest Crushader

I don't know if this happened to anyone but I've had this for a while now, my phone will sometimes 'locked up', won't response to hardkey, screen wont show up even if I press or hold the power button. Only thing I can do is to take battery out and turn it back on, this happens EVERYDAY for at least once! I have no idea whats wrong with it. This happened with all the rom I tried, any idea guys?

Guest kenncn

Still having trouble with the Chinese charaters after loaded sunglobe.cab and hard reset . I am using 4-in-1 21500. Could anyone help to guide me to sort it out ?

Guest Lancez
Still having trouble with the Chinese charaters after loaded sunglobe.cab and hard reset . I am using 4-in-1 21500. Could anyone help to guide me to sort it out ?

look for t2008's ROM thread, he's got a CAB working just fine on mine

Guest fritzprezz
Thanks to Khuanchai again.

The 3 in 1 version is my favorite version now, Overall performance are quite smoothly and stable

Edited by fritzprezz