[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest Khuanchai
Not sure if that really change anything. Imagine the hassle everytime you change background wallpaper in settings/theme, you have to prepare 3 image files

400x400 wallpaper or bigger so it works in other UI (Todaystd, TouchWiz etc) in landscape and potrait mode

240x400 size StartMenu_background_Screen_240x400.png for honeycomb menu in potrait mode

400x240 size StartMenu_background_Screen_400x240.png for honeycomb menu landscape mode

OMG and sector is doing it now everytime he releases theme for titanium.

To me titanium and honeycomb startmenu is just a transparent UI that must work with any background, 1 background

And the-4-files-replacing-method works just great with only 1 wallpaper image.

Coz there is already a hassle to create 240x400 background for other tabs in M2D and 948x 762 for SBPshell

My idea of having multiple UI is having one background works for all.

Just my point of view.

I'll reconsider this if I can still make a new ROM.

Guest Khuanchai

3 May 2009 - Update Phone part DXID1 only

This is to update only the phone part to new DXID1 version. Make sure you have Samsung modem driver installed and have ever upgraded your phone part without problem. This will not delete any data in your omnia. No need to hard reset.

Download link updated in the first post.

Friends,

I have to stay away for a while. My touchscreen is now worst and needs a repair. I will send my omnia to the Samsung service center tomorrow. Hope it can be fixed and come back to me soon.

I'm not thinking to change my phone at least for now but who knows?

Khuanchai

Guest Tormios

Hi. I have Omnia with phone version JVHK1. Is it worth to upgrade it to DXID1?

As far as I know, DXID1 is an Indonesian version and JVHK1 - UAE version.

Guest nks
lol :D never thought of that will do later today and report back

thanks for quick reply

Nic

Have flashed sectors 21210 rom and DXID1 phone part and can so far confirm (about 40 emails) i have had email notification sounds :lol: will carry on testing and let you know on progress..

For info i am flashing using windows 7

Regards

Nic

Guest ob3l1x

after upgrade my phone freeze everytime after call recieved and it need to remove battery ...

maybe it will fix the new phone rom :D

i try to upgrade to DXID1 phone part but it gives me everytime error :lol:

i need to change my location to Singapore ? to upgrade ?

Edited by ob3l1x

Guest Khuanchai
after upgrade my phone freeze everytime after call recieved and it need to remove battery ...

maybe it will fix the new phone rom :D

i try to upgrade to DXID1 phone part but it gives me everytime error :lol:

i need to change my location to Singapore ? to upgrade ?

I don't think you need to change location before upgrade the phone part. Someone please confirm that you have successfully upgraded with my provided file.

What you need is the SAMSUNG CDMA Modem driver. If you haven't done this just find and install the file. (Or someone may want to help with the link.) If you had once installed this driver in the past, just uninstall it, restart your computer, reinstall the driver, restart, and then try to upgrade the phone part again. I think this should be OK. Good luck!

Guest Khuanchai

I have finished my final task before sending my omnia to service. Mirrors for all 21215 ROM's are now ready for download and updated in the first post.

Bye now. See you soon. :D

Guest palah
Have flashed sectors 21210 rom and DXID1 phone part and can so far confirm (about 40 emails) i have had email notification sounds :D will carry on testing and let you know on progress..

For info i am flashing using windows 7

Regards

Nic

same here except (XP flash & Sectors 21215) and even from hibernation i900 wakes up and announces emails/text messages but alas no BT fix :lol: ... so would say not a wm6.5 challenge but has something to do with the way i908 drivers play with phone alerts.

With DXID1 first lock of Garmin XT was within 4 -5 seconds on 3 in 1 21210 DXIA5 it could take 20 - 30 mins even with assisted GPS. have not tried while driving but hopefully a good sign... if only with the BT fix would be almost perfect

Guest chokia

Ok Khaunchai is right

The grey background must be replaced by the transparent background then the wallpaper you choose will be displayed

Replace these two tranparent image files then you are done.

post-423790-1241419640_thumb.pngpost-423790-1241419648_thumb.png

Right click and save the file then replace in windows

Anyway, i reflashed back to 21500 4-in-1 and the call button and bluetooth headset works to bring up microsoft voice command. Unknown caller id exist though when 1st time call, 2nd call the phone able to recoqnize. I wonder anyone can help to isolate the patch or fix from 21210/21215 that fixed the caller id problem.

Edited by chokia

Guest ob3l1x

have someone problem with freeze after recieving call ?

my omnia freeze everytime i recieve call :D

i use phoneex

Edited by ob3l1x

Guest gianton
have someone problem with freeze after recieving call ?

my omnia freeze everytime i recieve call :D

i use phoneex

This is a known bug with Spam alert and wm6.5 caller id. You should change the Lock to Windows Classic to bypass it.

Guest Tormios

Hi. Just upgrade with DXID1 phone part. Last message was JOB DONE.

Phone restarted. I go to check version and what I found out, is that phone version is still old (JVHK1)

Question: why? What's wrong?

Guest ob3l1x
This is a known bug with Spam alert and wm6.5 caller id. You should change the Lock to Windows Classic to bypass it.
Is it possible to fix somehow ? or can i use S2U2 ? ?

Guest gianton
Is it possible to fix somehow ? or can i use S2U2 ? ?

Don't know when Spam alert will fix it (to support wm6.5), till then S2U2 is ok.

Guest Khuanchai
Farewell friend :D

I have already sent my omnia to service. It may take me a week or so to get back. I can't test anything right now but will be happy to answer questions if I can.

same here except (XP flash & Sectors 21215) and even from hibernation i900 wakes up and announces emails/text messages but alas no BT fix :lol: ... so would say not a wm6.5 challenge but has something to do with the way i908 drivers play with phone alerts.

With DXID1 first lock of Garmin XT was within 4 -5 seconds on 3 in 1 21210 DXIA5 it could take 20 - 30 mins even with assisted GPS. have not tried while driving but hopefully a good sign... if only with the BT fix would be almost perfect

It needs time and dozens of flashing to test for the best combination of i900 and i908 drivers. Unfortunately, I can't do that now but this will be the next plan when my omnia comes back.

Ok Khaunchai is right

The grey background must be replaced by the transparent background then the wallpaper you choose will be displayed

Replace these two tranparent image files then you are done.

post-423790-1241419640_thumb.pngpost-423790-1241419648_thumb.png

Right click and save the file then replace in windows

Anyway, i reflashed back to 21500 4-in-1 and the call button and bluetooth headset works to bring up microsoft voice command. Unknown caller id exist though when 1st time call, 2nd call the phone able to recoqnize. I wonder anyone can help to isolate the patch or fix from 21210/21215 that fixed the caller id problem.

Thanks, chokia for your help.

Concerning caller ID problem in previous ROM's, I remember I used to test by replacing files from newer build but failed. Not only the problem persists but also hangs on screen lock. Anyway, it's worth to try other combination.

Hi. Just upgrade with DXID1 phone part. Last message was JOB DONE.

Phone restarted. I go to check version and what I found out, is that phone version is still old (JVHK1)

Question: why? What's wrong?

I would try to flash the phone part again.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest gianton
I have already sent my omnia to service. It may take me a week or so to get back. I can't test anything right now but will be happy to answer questions if I can.

Hope you get t back soon m8. Will miss your ROMs till then.

Guest Tormios
I would try to flash the phone part again.

Thanks Khuanchai for the reply. I will try and come back with a result.

Guest Tormios
Thanks Khuanchai for the reply. I will try and come back with a result.

I flashed phone part again.

post-532216-1241430415_thumb.jpg

Does not help. It's still show phone version i900JVHK1

May be need hard reset or reflash PDA part?

Edited by Tormios

Guest Khuanchai
I flashed phone part again.

post-532216-1241430415_thumb.jpg

Does not help. It's still show phone version i900JVHK1

May be need hard reset or reflash PDA part?

That's strange. Someone please help. Who have tried and failed like this?

Guest gianton
That's strange. Someone please help. Who have tried and failed like this?

I always flash phone part only, with GrandPrix.

Guest Tormios
I always flash phone part only, with GrandPrix.

With GrandPrix I've got same result :lol:

Still show me i900JVHK1 :D

Is any other way to check the phone version? I mean not in Settings/System/Version

Guest uwidodo

I allready change my rom to 3 in 1 21215 and DXID1 phone part.

how to change dial pad to samsung dial pad,

because there is no favorite hacking.

or there is favorite hacking in cab.

thanks.

Guest gianton
I allready change my rom to 3 in 1 21215 and DXID1 phone part.

how to change dial pad to samsung dial pad,

because there is no favorite hacking.

or there is favorite hacking in cab.

thanks.

You can get fav hackings here