How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest elg3ne
I got mine from xiao_man68 on ebay for $15.50 shipped. Installed and works perfect, been 4 days now. No complaints. Just a boat load of positives.

thanks eckertc... i check your seller on ebay.. but im confused :-( there are other i900 items & price are different... there is this $11.85 & $15.50.. is there any difference between the 2?

xiao_man68 i900

thanks

Edited by elg3ne

Hi guys, I got one from wholesaleandy and it is even worse than the old one. Do you guys know where can I get the new one without any risk to get the same crap again?

Guest thescope
Hi guys, I got one from wholesaleandy and it is even worse than the old one. Do you guys know where can I get the new one without any risk to get the same crap again?

Well I got mine from him 2 and it works fnatastic. but my friend orderd one and got the old digitizer (no black or red dots)

Do you guys have idea how to recognize new digitizer and old one?

Are there any differences between those two without installing them?

Guest freeppl
Do you guys have idea how to recognize new digitizer and old one?

Are there any differences between those two without installing them?

The new one has tiny barely visible dots all over the front while the old one did not.

Guest steff195

So you too have those dots like under the touch, barely visible under some angles? I thought I forgot some other foil under the touch... so I removed it again to check that, but I realised that't just the way it is.

On the other hand I can confirm that the touch from wholesaleandy loses its responsiveness.... I have mine for almost a month now, but it's not like it was at first. ;)

On the other hand I can confirm that the touch from wholesaleandy loses its responsiveness.... I have mine for almost a month now, but it's not like it was at first. ohmy.gif

Damn it. This is something which i consider before i made my decision to buy new digitizer. Im just afraid of that, i will have to start "digitizer changing process" ;) One by one changing them. Maybe the new digitizer are fakes from China (with respect the Country) - they never had problems with copying everything whats on consumers market.

Maybe there is a connection between responsiveness and digitizers life? resposiveness = lowered life time

Guest Jasey12

My phone is a replacment after mine was Stolen and got broke ( as most dickheads do at school ;), I had the last laugh though as when he jumped over the fence into a police officers and he (the kid who stole and broke my phone) broke his leg and got arrested)

Anywayz.

My old October 08 omnia had a rather bad touch screen, but when my replacment came a few months ago it has 8GB written on the top left?

Does this mean i have the newest digitizer? and i tried looking for the light sensor next to the frontal camera and did notice it looked slightly different even though i couldn't see anything?

I'll post a youtube video maybe of my touch responsivness

=]

Guest a1m80t

According to some article i read on google, all resistive touchscreen lose effectiveness after a while. I would assume that the cheap digitizers we buy on ebay are just bad quality and just loose its effectiveness much sooner. I just recently purchased an official housing, including an official samsung digitizer, i'll report back in a few weeks to see if it gets any worst.

Guest finaldestiny
According to some article i read on google, all resistive touchscreen lose effectiveness after a while. I would assume that the cheap digitizers we buy on ebay are just bad quality and just loose its effectiveness much sooner. I just recently purchased an official housing, including an official samsung digitizer, i'll report back in a few weeks to see if it gets any worst.

Where did you purchase, and how much did it cost? Do you have links?

Guest Itlooksfast

I have the i910 Omnia and I was wondering if this apply to the i910 screen? My screen has scratches on them and I just wanna replace them but I keep seeing digitize screens for i900 only...does that matter? Or can use it for my i910?

Guest lorin.bute

I have changed my digitizer 2 days ago. I went to a phone service and asked them to do it. I got it back the next day. Its very impressive and its got the 8GB sign on the top left corner. I don't know what digitizer they used but i guess its the official one from Samsung.

Its too bad that it looses its responsiveness after a while. I can't afford changing the digitizer every few months. I guess this calls for a new phone, maybe the O2.

Guest a1m80t

Sorry guys for the late response, this is for the FULL HOUSING and DIGITIZER, hence the higher cost. I don't know if they have JUST the digitizer or not, i need both so it didn't bother me.

Cost: ~45USD

Seller Name: maxtel-ltd

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-SAMSUNG-i900-...%3A1%7C294%3A50

There stock consists of 14 day returned phones. So it’s not exactly new, but like the others, my digitizer from china is crapping out in a little under a month. I can confirm that it is crapping out because I compared it to a touch pro with the sensitivity patch (granted, even with the new digitizer, the touch pro + patch was always bit better)

Give me a week or so for my package to arrive and I’ll let you guys know if the UK seller is good or junk. I think it would be a good sign though if the new digitizer matches my touch pro.

Edited by a1m80t

Guest a1m80t
I have changed my digitizer 2 days ago. I went to a phone service and asked them to do it. I got it back the next day. Its very impressive and its got the 8GB sign on the top left corner. I don't know what digitizer they used but i guess its the official one from Samsung.

Its too bad that it looses its responsiveness after a while. I can't afford changing the digitizer every few months. I guess this calls for a new phone, maybe the O2.

I think only the knockoff digitizers looses its responsiveness, and knockoffs don't have the 8GB sign on top. You should be good, but keep us posted.

Guest Itlooksfast
I have the i910 Omnia and I was wondering if this apply to the i910 screen? My screen has scratches on them and I just wanna replace them but I keep seeing digitize screens for i900 only...does that matter? Or can use it for my i910?

Ehh.. No the question is which seller have not knocked-off digitezers. i bet all super cheap are the worst ones, but also it can apply to more expensive ones. Each can cheat ;)

I think i will have to stick to my as long as possible. I added Zagg Invisible Shield to my Omnia and... guess what. On Ryrzy's rom i see totally no difference between "with" and "without". :) I guess its not that bad.

Guest warnold007

Hi a1m80t!

Keep us posted on what happens. Thanks!

Does it come with the tools needed to open/replace the covers?

I want to change my casing also (accidentally dropped it and now has a bad scratch on the housing, not on screen) ;)

Although I want to also change my digitizer in the process to see if its really better. :) So this will be a good buy for me as well.

I got my omnia when it first came out August last year (first ones to have it!) so I'm assuming I don't have the new digitizer.

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

I was REALLY hoping that the risk was all worth it a try until some of you complained that the new improved digitizer got worse than even the original one only after a couple months. So it is NOT a good idea to replace it and so often then.

Any other ideas? Mine really sucks too (old screen i900)

Guest ukmoto
Sorry guys for the late response, this is for the FULL HOUSING and DIGITIZER, hence the higher cost. I don't know if they have JUST the digitizer or not, i need both so it didn't bother me.

Cost: ~45USD

Seller Name: maxtel-ltd

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-SAMSUNG-i900-...%3A1%7C294%3A50

There stock consists of 14 day returned phones. So it’s not exactly new, but like the others, my digitizer from china is crapping out in a little under a month. I can confirm that it is crapping out because I compared it to a touch pro with the sensitivity patch (granted, even with the new digitizer, the touch pro + patch was always bit better)

Give me a week or so for my package to arrive and I’ll let you guys know if the UK seller is good or junk. I think it would be a good sign though if the new digitizer matches my touch pro.

Any new yet? See PM :)

Phil

Guest a1m80t
Any new yet? See PM :)

Phil

The digitizer was pulled from a vodafone omnia so there is labeling but it should be easy to remove if needed. The performance is what you expect, but perhaps slightly better than the generic ones. I cannot say it will stay that way for months to come, but i have faith in offical samsung products that it will last long enough to i get a new phone.

Also, the housing that comes with it is silver not black and theres some light scratches on it that you could probably buff out.

Guest Wadzii

I replaced my digitizer about a month and a 1/2 ago. it seemed fine at first, but now it seems like i have to press on the screen really hard to make it do anything.

is anyone else having this problem?