How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest a1m80t
I replaced my digitizer about a month and a 1/2 ago. it seemed fine at first, but now it seems like i have to press on the screen really hard to make it do anything.

is anyone else having this problem?

don't take it the wrong way, but thats actually one of the topics as of late. I think its going worst, so went and bought official.

Guest Feroz

I was reading this topic today and i almost ordered one untill i read the last threads...

Is it really that bad after a few months?

I have the old touchscreen but i have my phone since december and i must say i was not really satisfied with the screen then but now i'm kinda used to it and don't have many issues atm.

But yeah after reading this and most of you guys where SO EXCITING about this i was tempted to buy one also.

Now my question to you all, should i buy one or is it really really that bad now?

Guest Too-Sexy
Changed my panel today. Unbelievable improvement!

Anyone who is scared in doing this,dont be! The only problem i found was unscrewing the first 4 screws.. they were tight as hell, and i almost melt them with my screw driver!

Good luck to everyone who is doing it!

I have been using the new digitizer from wholesaleandy since May. My screen is still working as it first did 3 months ago and i am a heavy text-er and gamer! Still needs a light touch and I never use a fingernail.

Dont know why people are having difficulties lately.

Guest P A U L

to say the new screen is better than the iphone's is quite a bold claim...

anyone able to back this up?

because.... i don't like that i have to gently "scratch" the surface of my omnia to get a response (slide to unlock) when the iphone's screen you can gently brush the very tip of flesh and it'll respond beautifully.

Guest confide
Tools for assemblage are included and there are some detailed instructions that can be found here but i am not sure if it's an easy procedure. Anybody tried so far?

Thank you for posting this! I just replaced my digitizer and I am thrilled. 

And I just want to add: Its so easy even a mother can do it (seeing as I am one). 

Guest peterb81

changed digitizer on Aus Vodafone branded omnia with wholesaleandy....sensitivity is basically the same must have already had newer type of digitizer?

but at least not vodafone branded no more.

Guest SodaBoy

read my posts ^^

i was ecstatic with my new digitizer... for the first week... then quite rapidly the new digi lost sensitivity to the point where it is just the same as the old one now.

my suggestion - change the digitizer if you have a scratched screen (like i had) and would like to have a new smooth screen to touch

do not change if you expect sensitivity improvement - the first week was bliss - really soft gentle touches to press and move things around... now its back to hard tapping and nails.

do not buy if you want to increase sensitivity lastingly -- i.e. for more than a couple of weeks.

you've been warned!!

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia

because.... i don't like that i have to gently "scratch" the surface of my omnia to get a response (slide to unlock) when the iphone's screen you can gently brush the very tip of flesh and it'll respond beautifully.

Thats why iphone is mostly for girls with a "gentle touch", lol.

Guest a1m80t

As a few others have also said, the omnia with the new digitizer is not as sensitive as the iphone. The difference is apparently and easily recongizeable. Iphone is like 10/10 while new digtizer at peak condition is at 7-8/10.

or

Iphone is like a feathered touch

omnia is like gentle poke

Guest eufouria

Can anyone recommend a good seller for the original digitizers? If I understand correctly they have lower sensitivity but do not degrade over time.

Guest monyozt
Can anyone recommend a good seller for the original digitizers? If I understand correctly they have lower sensitivity but do not degrade over time.

whosaleandy @ page 1

Guest eufouria
whosaleandy @ page 1

Don't mean to insult, but can anyone else attest to tthe digitizers being sold by wholesaleandy as being the original versions?

I know a large number of people first ordered from Wholesaleandy and I'm not sure if they are the same one who are now losing sensitivity.

Edited by eufouria

Guest lorin.bute
Don't mean to insult, but can anyone else attest to tthe digitizers being sold by wholesaleandy as being the original versions?

I know a large number of people first ordered from Wholesaleandy and I'm not sure if they are the same one who are now losing sensitivity.

From what i know, if it doesn't have the 8GB sign on the top left corner its not original (from samsung).

Guest monyozt
From what i know, if it doesn't have the 8GB sign on the top left corner its not original (from samsung).

its not funny when my friend took her OMNIA(16gb) to samsung center to get new digitizer.. but he got 8gb sign and vodavone logo

i think we just trust what the seller said.. if he/she say that its originalor not

Guest eufouria

Did a quick check on eBay and search through the thread, didn't see any on ebay that listed they had the capacity in the left hand corner and no one in the thread overtly stated they got one of those digitizers from ebay.

Anyone know where to get an official digitizer?

Guest a1m80t
Did a quick check on eBay and search through the thread, didn't see any on ebay that listed they had the capacity in the left hand corner and no one in the thread overtly stated they got one of those digitizers from ebay.

Anyone know where to get an official digitizer?

I already answered this question one page back

Also, vodaphone omnia will only have the vodaphone logo and not the GB. Proof:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3033/294386..._8d2342cf60.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/vodafon...efit/omnia7.jpg

Edited by a1m80t

Guest Quang05BlkBoxsterS n Omnia
As a few others have also said, the omnia with the new digitizer is not as sensitive as the iphone. The difference is apparently and easily recongizeable. Iphone is like 10/10 while new digtizer at peak condition is at 7-8/10.

or

Iphone is like a feathered touch

omnia is like gentle poke

Not me, when I poke I poke hard, lol, so Omnia pokes iphone, poke = ? and feather = ? hhm :)

Guest Mikedaddy71

I would like to do this on my i910. What is the difference between the touch screen on the i900/i908 and the one on the i910. Will one of these work on my I910?

Guest eufouria
I already answered this question one page back

I was hoping I would only have to buy the digitizer. For those of us i910 users 26 GBP isn't too easy to choke down.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anh Vo
I lost one of my omnia's screw (the 4 screws in the conners when we first open battery cover). Anyone has an extra one, or knows where I can buy one?

My email is [email protected]

Thanks

PS:I lost mind while I was replacing my digitizer. It makes my post some sort related to the thread :D