How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest lantony
for the italian people . I heard that the new rom the official one of course. solve 90 % of the touch problem !

I have the new rom as well (B3) but i didnt notice any touch improvement so i replaced my touch :excl:

Guest yts17

I will be glad if you can plz make a video of your new Improved TOUCH screen. really alolt waiting to see the difference not just read it or hear it !

Guest lantony
I will be glad if you can plz make a video of your new Improved TOUCH screen. really alolt waiting to see the difference not just read it or hear it !

the sensitivity is so much better with the new touch, no need of pressure anymore. i don't think it would be easy to show the pressure in a video but i will try to make one

Guest yts17
I have created a guide that should be of great help in mounting the new touch. It's in italian for the moment, when i will have time i will upload the english version of it.

Touch Replacement GUIDE

btw when you changed the screen . what was the differnce betweeen the old one and the new . is it the thickness or the metal or what . what was samsung doing wrong in the first edition screens .

Guest lantony
well, here in the Netherlands, phone shops replace the screen for free, if you give it to them.

in Italy as well, but it takes long time (up to 20 days).

Guest lantony
btw when you changed the screen . what was the differnce betweeen the old one and the new . is it the thickness or the metal or what . what was samsung doing wrong in the first edition screens .

i couldn't see a real difference looking at the touch panel, they looked the same...maybe the new one is a little bit more thin.

i can only feel the difference now using it.

Guest maf107ezk0

Here, in Bulgaria, not only will they take you a HUGE amount of money, but will most certainly damage your phone to the point where you have to buy another one :excl:

Guest thierryyy
Here, in Bulgaria, not only will they take you a HUGE amount of money, but will most certainly damage your phone to the point where you have to buy another one :excl:

What the? They damage it? What kind of damage?

Guest lantony

Hey guys, i was able to record a quick video of my Omnia with the new touch panel. I don't know if you will be able to notice the increased sensitivity but it should give u a general idea on the performance :excl:

videos added in the first post

Edited by lantony

Guest yts17
Hey guys, i was able to record a quick video of my Omnia with the new touch panel. I don't know if you will be able to notice the increased sensitivity but it should give u a general idea on the performance :excl:

videos added in the first post

Oh it's you . sorry for checking youtube befor MODACo :excl: . don't bother my comment there. I have to say what A touch you have now Man. it simoly awesome ! really great .

Edited by yts17

Guest jonboyuk

Just bought mine after seeing your video lantony. I hate having to always use my fingernail, so it looks like this will fix it! How did you avoid getting dust on the screen when you switched over?

Guest lantony
Just bought mine after seeing your video lantony. I hate having to always use my fingernail, so it looks like this will fix it! How did you avoid getting dust on the screen when you switched over?

with the help of a simple painting brush

Guest msra6la2

are you replacing it yourself?

or are you getting sum1 to do it for you?

I am thinking of getting this company to do it for me

http://www.gsm-support.co.uk/

it's just that I don't know if they replace mine with the new version

Edited by msra6la2

Guest msra6la2
Nah I love fixing/modifying things myself, even if I have no clue what I'm doing! It's the best way to learn!

I'd love to do it myself. It's just that I am an engineering retard meaning that everytime I try to fix a machine, I break it into pieces

I hope the company I listed above is trustworthy. Phones4U and Samsung UK/HK are pricks, neither one of them would change it for me. Do you know any other phone repairing companies in the UK?

Guest lantony
I'd love to do it myself. It's just that I am an engineering retard meaning that everytime I try to fix a machine, I break it into pieces

I hope the company I listed above is trustworthy. Phones4U and Samsung UK/HK are pricks, neither one of them would change it for me. Do you know any other phone repairing companies in the UK?

good luck then. Anyway at the beginning i didn't have any clue on how to do it because it was the first time ever, but i was successfull and now it looks so easy to me :excl:

Guest msra6la2
good luck then. Anyway at the beginning i didn't have any clue on how to do it because it was the first time ever, but i was successfull and now it looks so easy to me :excl:

rang up Samsung UK the other day, and they asked me to send my phone into CarphoneWarehouse (another s*** company like Phones4U), hopefully they won't make a few more cracks on my screen that's already scratched so much. They said if they find no fault with the touchpanel and I insist on changing the panel, it would cost me £45..... Is it worthy in your book?

Edited by msra6la2