How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest lantony
here is our bible

SERVICE MANUAL

i had already added to the first post, since the beginning of the thread lolllllllllllllllllllllllll

P.s. The new guide is available for download at the first post. Sorry still didnt have time for the translation in english

Edited by lantony

Guest steff195

I read all this topic, but I didn't quite understand the part with the connectors which I have to remove. Is this a a hard, risky operation, or with some attention anyone can do it? I just "unplug" them and, that's it? Please anyone describe this step in particular?

I dissassembled some personal phones in the past, so I'm kinda used to that, but I never "opened" one with a touchscreen. :D

I want to replace the body (it cracked) and the touch panel of my Omnia, because mine it's Vodafone branded, and it kinda stresses me. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks!

Edited by steff195

Guest msra6la2
I read all this topic, but I didn't quite understand the part with the connectors which I have to remove. Is this a a hard, risky operation, or with some attention anyone can do it? I just "unplug" them and, that's it? Please anyone describe this step in particular?

I dissassembled some personal phones in the past, so I'm kinda used to that, but I never "opened" one with a touchscreen. :D

I want to replace the body (it cracked) and the touch panel of my Omnia, because mine it's Vodafone branded, and it kinda stresses me. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks!

yes it's risky, in my book

Guest rigor.m

I have just replaced my screen with one from wholesaleandy.

My omnia was bought in October and the old screen needed a lot of pressure especially in the middle. Had to use a pen or my fingernail a lot, and smooth panning was impossibl

Now it feels like another device altogether. Screen answers to light touch, I can pan in opera and can type with 2 fingers easily.

Replacement was difficult and I was really scared when I peeled off the glued components - camera and touchpad. I didnot manage to take out the touchpad completely and did not remove lcd but i peeled off touchscreen and put the new one.

Now I'm happy with a perfectly working phone...

Guest kurniawan

this is unbelieveble... i had never expected that the touch would improve so much better. My digitizer arrived this afternoon and i just placed it, playing with my iphone touch like samsung omnia!!! this is really amazing!!!!!!! bought it at wholesaleandy by the way.

Guest Rednose5
hello there, i just picked the rom from the official samsung website. For Italy there's this ROM, out before than the other countries. The latest english rom is still DIXIA5 i think

Thanks for the info, but is this Italian rom of yours also talking english (perhaps multilingual) or only Italian ?

Guest Master_Axe

Hey,

I bought my phone in December, how can I find out what screen I have? Also, is this "B3" everyone is referring to a new ROM from Samsung or something? Where can I get that? Thanks for your help, or reference to anywhere :D

Franz

Guest lantony
Hey,

I bought my phone in December, how can I find out what screen I have? Also, is this "B3" everyone is referring to a new ROM from Samsung or something? Where can I get that? Thanks for your help, or reference to anywhere :D

Franz

It has already been asked several times on this website.

The B3 is the newest Samsung official ROM and for the moment it's just for Italy

Guest eufouria

Ordered mine, hopefully it'll arrive before I leave for VT the 10th of May.

I just replaced my Omnia at a Verizon store on Sunday so I'm guessing I have the most recent digitizer being shipped on the i910.

But the black digitizer looks so nice I couldn't resist, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Guest wingw

Rec'd mine from wholesaleandy and it makes a huge difference. I wouldn't say it's as sensitive as the iphone like some mentioned but it's close.

Only difficulty I encountered was taking off the camera (which was with incorrect instruction from one of the English website posted above, the camera should be lifted from top to bottom and not right to left), and removing the left side of the glued keypad.

Guest Master_Axe

So technically, the only way of finding out whether or not I already have the more sensitive screen is to buy the new one and cross my fingers...

Or I go to a cell phone store and see if they have a new one on display! What should I look out for, as some people have mentioned an Omnia Reloaded, 24GB? Thanks,

Franz

Guest 3shirts

I would say that unless you are looking at the thread thinking "what are they on about, it's perfectly sensitive and I never need to use my finger nail" then you have the older one.

Guest sector

after reading all your findings here, i made also the step and ordered from wholesaleandy the screen :D. i hope it wont be hard to assemble and disassemble

Guest ErGo_404

I ordered mine one ebay (the seller that somebody mentionned earlier).

I also think that the sensitiviy right now sucks, plus I have a small scratch on my screen so I guess that even if the new digitizer isn't more sensitive it won't be 20€ for nothing.

Guest HugoEgon

i have mounted my new touch panel today...and it's amazing! :D its really close to the iphone and I love it!!!

thanks for the tip!

Guest sid0101
after reading all your findings here, i made also the step and ordered from wholesaleandy the screen :D. i hope it wont be hard to assemble and disassemble

Oooh one of our greats takes the dive. Let us know what you think Sector.

Guest Supadan

Finally received mine today......my roommate wanted to see me do it so im waiting up for him. Will post afterwards...i feel like my non-delicate fingers are going to mess something up. *Sweats profusely*

Guest c4rl
Finally received mine today......my roommate wanted to see me do it so im waiting up for him. Will post afterwards...i feel like my non-delicate fingers are going to mess something up. *Sweats profusely*

I said badword it and ordered the chinese bootleg version linked up above. what are you using to get the small screws in the back out? allen wrench doesn't seem to do it...

Guest Supadan
I said badword it and ordered the chinese bootleg version linked up above. what are you using to get the small screws in the back out? allen wrench doesn't seem to do it...

Yeah the screws in the back are really shaved and the screwdriver that came with the digitizer is only shaving them down more. I have a Home Depot right by my apartment so I'm going to visit there and see if they can help me out.

As of now, my phone is to be continued

Guest yumeul

i got the one from wholesaleandy it worked like a charm now i dont have to use my nails anymore :D

it was easy to install though

Guest XtremeMaC

wow I am amazed by lantony's youtube video.

the thing is, not only the touchscreen looks more responsive, your omnia seems to be way faster than mine.. is it because of the shell(today screen) u're using?

or is it just the amazing effect of the new touch screen???

lol sector got it too. i'm definitely ordering it :D

For your information:

Bought my omnia on september 9, 2008. 

from an online shop. www.hepsiburada.com from Turkey.

pda firmware at that time was: JUHH2, 

phone firmware was : JVHH2

non-branded

it is 16gb but its not written on the screen 

i can see the lightsensor (so its visible) 

my screen is silver/gray (definitely not bronze) (comparing it with the shiny silver front cover..)

with these in mind, mine is less responsive than lantony's..

using SHOKKA9 WM6.5 M2D ROMs with Titanium - i900DXID1 - Build 21215

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...wm6-5-m2d-roms/

Edited by XtremeMaC

Guest shenster

guys im interested in purchasing a new touch screen but there are so many sellers on Ebay.. who do you recommend? and are all the screens sold on ebay the new touch panels. meaning are all of em with better sensitivity....