IB1 is now officially out there (kind of)

Guest shokka9

Guest shokka9

Just had a PM off somebody (Ignatious) @ my other forum.

He has just got his Omnia back from repair. He live in Australia and has newer firmware than us.

He has DTIB1 PDA & XXIA2 phone.

So they obviously havent updated the phone part yet B)

We just have to wait to see how long it takes before it hits us.....

Edited by shokka9

Guest tingchung_chin

i think in kingmobile, they already had IB3, but i'm not sure it's a Hex version as lot of people here believe they usually do, i doubt B)

Edited by tingchung_chin

Guest shokka9

i wouldnt trust kingmobile with any ROMs.

The IB1 i mention here has come direct from Samsung, so we all know its real!

Just wait until we can get it........next month probably B)

• 6 months later...
Guest flying Dr
i hope they fix online widget :)

Hey , i bought my omnia i900 in australia in march or april 2009.

version - pda : i900DTIB1 / DTIB1

phone: i900XXIA2

I loaded heaps of programs and spb shell 3 and lots of text books (as i study medicine) . then yesterday i load a program called uptodate - runs off isilo and is 2 gig in size and had to install to storage card. anyway. then next day fone started freezing and stalling. then it froze completely on samsung start up logo.... i read about others similar experiences here on modaco ..... and i did a hard reset alt way.

it allowed me to use the phone again. but its still stalling and doing wierd freeze ----- which it never used to do----

so then i been reading on how to flash my rom to a newer version

i was going to do the latest DX IA5 from phillipenes ----- but given what I have just read about above.... do I actually have a later version then the one I was goign to flash to?

Please help .

should i just reload everything the way it was or should i flash to DXIA5?

Just look for a DXID1 rom (Phone and PDA part) - there's one here somewhere. I flashed my phone with it (I'm with Virgin in Oz) and works fine as a factory rom.

Of course, once you start flashing, you'll go and try all the WM6.5 ones.

The language/region issue is only a headache if you're going to apply the Samsung ROM's from their update site - if you just grab a ROM from here it'll let you flash any ROM over any other.

Hey , i bought my omnia i900 in australia in march or april 2009.

version - pda : i900DTIB1 / DTIB1

phone: i900XXIA2

I loaded heaps of programs and spb shell 3 and lots of text books (as i study medicine) . then yesterday i load a program called uptodate - runs off isilo and is 2 gig in size and had to install to storage card. anyway. then next day fone started freezing and stalling. then it froze completely on samsung start up logo.... i read about others similar experiences here on modaco ..... and i did a hard reset alt way.

it allowed me to use the phone again. but its still stalling and doing wierd freeze ----- which it never used to do----

so then i been reading on how to flash my rom to a newer version

i was going to do the latest DX IA5 from phillipenes ----- but given what I have just read about above.... do I actually have a later version then the one I was goign to flash to?

Please help .

should i just reload everything the way it was or should i flash to DXIA5?