3G and ROMs

Guest LogikOZ

Guest LogikOZ

Hi,

I'm a total noob to his ROM caper so forgive me if this is retarded but..

Is it just assumed that all of these ROM's have 3G capability or do some ROM's have it, some do not?

I've had nothing but troubles getting on the net via my phone since i started flashing these ROM's (and learning what not to do along the way). Naturally the original one it came with worked but I stupidly didn't jot down it's model.. Optus for ANY Australians here.

My Windows Live can't connect and I can't any get internet. When trying to access a page (via Opera) I get HTTP gateway timed out error most of the time.

http://optusau.wdsglobal.com/internet?step...mp;phoneId=2288

I followed these steps until I realised that I didn't have the 3G option in step 11.. so that's what prompted me to post on here.

My version is

PDA : i900DTHJ5/DTHJ5

PHONE:

i900XXHJ1

Any help appreciated thanks! B)

Guest IllestAzN
Hi,

I'm a total noob to his ROM caper so forgive me if this is retarded but..

Is it just assumed that all of these ROM's have 3G capability or do some ROM's have it, some do not?

I've had nothing but troubles getting on the net via my phone since i started flashing these ROM's (and learning what not to do along the way). Naturally the original one it came with worked but I stupidly didn't jot down it's model.. Optus for ANY Australians here.

My Windows Live can't connect and I can't any get internet. When trying to access a page (via Opera) I get HTTP gateway timed out error most of the time.

http://optusau.wdsglobal.com/internet?step...mp;phoneId=2288

I followed these steps until I realised that I didn't have the 3G option in step 11.. so that's what prompted me to post on here.

My version is

PDA : i900DTHJ5/DTHJ5

PHONE:

i900XXHJ1

Any help appreciated thanks! B)

All of the Customs roms will still give you 3G connection no matter what. You could flash your phone with a different rom like Taril's latest rom. It's a excellent rom and it will automatically detect MMS and internet settings from your sim card to work on your carrier's network.

Guest ronzo77

3G capability depends on operator and sim card, not so much ROM version.

When you flashed a new ROM you might need to set up the operator settings again for 3G/MMS to work. Go to Settings -> Connections -> Operator Settings.

Some ROMs require you to select a different operator, wait for a minute, then reselect your current operator for the settings to take effect. Alternatively, your operator might have 3G/MMS setup instructions for your phone model, check on their website or hotline.