Why won't microsoft let me update to win mo 6.5

Guest Mikeyb50

Guest Mikeyb50

I have a touch HD which runs win mo 6.1 and I understand that microsoft will not have an upgrade for this made available for my HD. the diamond 2 and touch pro 2 will get a free update yet I will not even be allowed to pay for an upgrade. The touch HD screen can cope admirably with the 6.5 and I seen it running on cooked ROM on the HD. My missus has iphone and they have good customer care and no doubt she will get the iphone 3.0 upgrade. Why is microsoft so anti customer do they want us to run to iphone and palm pre or what

Guest AlanJC
I have a touch HD which runs win mo 6.1 and I understand that microsoft will not have an upgrade for this made available for my HD. the diamond 2 and touch pro 2 will get a free update yet I will not even be allowed to pay for an upgrade. The touch HD screen can cope admirably with the 6.5 and I seen it running on cooked ROM on the HD. My missus has iphone and they have good customer care and no doubt she will get the iphone 3.0 upgrade. Why is microsoft so anti customer do they want us to run to iphone and palm pre or what

Apple make the device, and the OS.

Microsoft only sell the OS to OEM providers, as there are many different configs which need to be customised.

The argument you have is with HTC, not Microsoft.

HTC will not make any money from letting you upgrade, they only ever provide an upgrade for the latest handset before the new OS is released so that it doesn't harm it's sales.

It has always been this way from all of the manufacturers for many years, and every time a new OS is released, many people ask these questions.

Sorry, but it's unlikely to change.

If you want 6.5, then you either buy a device which ships with it, or flash a cooked rom on your unsupported device.