Problem with signal on HTC Touch HD / O2 UK

Guest DarTh LuKe

Guest DarTh LuKe

I have had my HTC Touch HD for about a month and a half now and have since day one had problems with Provider signal strength.

I have very bad signal strength inside most largish buildings (especially where i work) and when i try to dial out it takes an age trying then just gives the three beeps that indicate no connection was made, and it will do this over and over again, and then suddenly work, it also wont receive a call most of the time when in these areas and a few hours later i get a notification that someone left a vocemail.

When looking at the signal strength it can say full signal but still wont dial out so i dont know why it cant connect, it also fluctuates a lot so one minute its got full signal and the next next to none.

I thought it was O2 provider, but my friend who i work with has a brand new iPhone on O2 and it gets perfect signal and can dial out in all the places mine doesnt.

So is there any way I can get this fixed? do you think it could be a faulty HTC or is this a common problem?

Its driving me mad, so I hope theres someone who can advise me of anything I can do.

Many Thanks

Luke

Guest MrRalphMan
I have had my HTC Touch HD for about a month and a half now and have since day one had problems with Provider signal strength.

I have very bad signal strength inside most largish buildings (especially where i work) and when i try to dial out it takes an age trying then just gives the three beeps that indicate no connection was made, and it will do this over and over again, and then suddenly work, it also wont receive a call most of the time when in these areas and a few hours later i get a notification that someone left a vocemail.

When looking at the signal strength it can say full signal but still wont dial out so i dont know why it cant connect, it also fluctuates a lot so one minute its got full signal and the next next to none.

I thought it was O2 provider, but my friend who i work with has a brand new iPhone on O2 and it gets perfect signal and can dial out in all the places mine doesnt.

So is there any way I can get this fixed? do you think it could be a faulty HTC or is this a common problem?

Its driving me mad, so I hope theres someone who can advise me of anything I can do.

Many Thanks

Luke

I've not had any issues like that, it is just as good as my old Samsung. The only place I have an issue with signal where I work (Old building nr St Paul's) is in the lifts.

Guest mikkelf

I have actually similar problems wtih my Touch HD. I am on a danish operator called Sonofon (but the problem is the same on other providers I have tested with my HD). The phone mostly swaps from 3G network til GSM in the middle of a call and this terminates the call.

I have had the phone repaired twice with no effect. The last time they supposedly put in a new receiver but it has not done anything for the signal problem,

It looks like the phone sees the signal as weak (even though it is within the limits of a decent signal - has been checked by provider) and then tries to change to GSM network. And in that proces it looses the conversation. Pretty annoying. I have had the phone for 3 months and it still doesn't work acceptably.

I am on firmware version 1.14.xxx and there is no never firmware available to me on HTC.com

I am as frustrated as Luke and would love som advice.

best regards

Mikke lF

Guest mikkelf

I have actually similar problems wtih my Touch HD. I am on a danish operator called Sonofon (but the problem is the same on other providers I have tested with my HD). The phone mostly swaps from 3G network til GSM in the middle of a call and this terminates the call.

I have had the phone repaired twice with no effect. The last time they supposedly put in a new receiver but it has not done anything for the signal problem,

It looks like the phone sees the signal as weak (even though it is within the limits of a decent signal - has been checked by provider) and then tries to change to GSM network. And in that proces it looses the conversation. Pretty annoying. I have had the phone for 3 months and it still doesn't work acceptably.

I am on firmware version 1.14.xxx and there is no never firmware available to me on HTC.com

best regards

Mikke lF

Guest DarTh LuKe

best regards

Mikke lF

Seems like im not alone after all then, i get the same problems with being cut off also, it is very frustrating to try to dial someone 7 times, only for it to disconnect when it does eventually get through.

I think I will try to get the device replaced as its under warranty and insurance contract.

Thanks

Luke

Guest Anfloyd

Have you tried updating to the lastest Radio?

I'm on Orange and experienced similar problems until I flashed to Radio 1.13.25.24.

Details can be found here...HD Radios

Edited by Anfloyd