Deleting SMS

Guest Exodia

Guest Exodia

With the new threaded messages in 6.1, i havent found the need to delete my SMS often but i finally got around to doing it today and my touch hd took nearly half an hour to delete ~2000 messages! Why does this take so long and is there any other way to do it faster?

Thanks

Guest DaveShaw
With the new threaded messages in 6.1, i havent found the need to delete my SMS often but i finally got around to doing it today and my touch hd took nearly half an hour to delete ~2000 messages! Why does this take so long and is there any other way to do it faster?

Thanks

There's no quick way I know of.

Doing a Hard Reset (Clear Storage) will remove all user data from your phone and should speed it up considerably.

Make sure you backup your Personal Information and any Photo's / Music / etc. first.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks

You can use SKTools->Delete PIM Information for delete all messages/sms in selected account.

Or you can use SKTools->Messages for delete messages/sms by keyword in sender/recipient/subj.