Fine tuning your omnia

Guest za3boto

Guest za3boto

After using my omnia for a while, I can't help but wish if I can tune some very small settings to have a better experience using my phone. We can share our experiences and benefit from each other. Right now I can only think of 2 things that sometimes annoy me:

1. In the call log app by samsung, for calls earlier than today, it shows call duration on the left and the call date on the right. Is there any way to make it show the call time under the date or even show call time instead of call duration. (not really annoying, but would be better if it did)

2. I find the rotation ability for the phone very useful since it rotates the screen throughout the whole interface. However I find it useless on the home screen, but very very annoying when receiving any kind of notification (incoming call, incoming sms, reminders, and alarms). Is there any way to stop the interface rotation only when notifications pop up. That's the most important thing I wish to change in my omnia

(imagine waking up to the alarm in the morning and trying to touch the dismiss button, but as you grab your phone the screen rotates placing it in another place, you press the the wrong place, the "winterface" screen lock kicks in, scroll to unlock, the alarm still ringing, your ears bleed, close winterface, pressing the notification button on today screen, the alarm still ringing, notification screen appears, at last you can press dismiss, and then pass out after this nerve wrecking experience).

Any ideas guys? an application setting, a registry setting, or even a 3rd party program?

By the way, I did try to use a program called "rotation service" , but I think it would be useless in my case, or may be I didn't figure out how to use it to stop rotation when receiving a notification, but turning on rotation in all other screens.

Guest trafo

Use S2U and you can prohibit the rotation when the phone is locked.

After using my omnia for a while, I can't help but wish if I can tune some very small settings to have a better experience using my phone. We can share our experiences and benefit from each other. Right now I can only think of 2 things that sometimes annoy me:

1. In the call log app by samsung, for calls earlier than today, it shows call duration on the left and the call date on the right. Is there any way to make it show the call time under the date or even show call time instead of call duration. (not really annoying, but would be better if it did)

2. I find the rotation ability for the phone very useful since it rotates the screen throughout the whole interface. However I find it useless on the home screen, but very very annoying when receiving any kind of notification (incoming call, incoming sms, reminders, and alarms). Is there any way to stop the interface rotation only when notifications pop up. That's the most important thing I wish to change in my omnia

(imagine waking up to the alarm in the morning and trying to touch the dismiss button, but as you grab your phone the screen rotates placing it in another place, you press the the wrong place, the "winterface" screen lock kicks in, scroll to unlock, the alarm still ringing, your ears bleed, close winterface, pressing the notification button on today screen, the alarm still ringing, notification screen appears, at last you can press dismiss, and then pass out after this nerve wrecking experience).

Any ideas guys? an application setting, a registry setting, or even a 3rd party program?

By the way, I did try to use a program called "rotation service" , but I think it would be useless in my case, or may be I didn't figure out how to use it to stop rotation when receiving a notification, but turning on rotation in all other screens.

Guest za3boto
Use S2U and you can prohibit the rotation when the phone is locked.

to summarize my previous long post, my real issue here is how to prevent rotation when you receive any kind of notification (incoming call, sms, reminder, or alarm) whether the phone is locked or not.

Guest andylyf
to summarize my previous long post, my real issue here is how to prevent rotation when you receive any kind of notification (incoming call, sms, reminder, or alarm) whether the phone is locked or not.

off the auto rotation setting,

then set a hardware key to <rotate screen>

so u can rotate only when u call for it.