Daylight Saving - Automatic Time Adjustment

Guest SilentBob

Guest SilentBob

Aaaagh! Not again. My Touch HD has not automatically corrected the time for BST, and I can't find any settings related to this. I remember having a similar problem on my MDA Touch, but can't remember how it was resolved.

Any one else have the same issue? How is it fixed?

Thanks B)

Edit:

WM6.1 doesn't appear to have the time zone tab in the phone settings..?!?

Edited by SilentBob

Aaaagh! Not again. My Touch HD has not automatically corrected the time for BST, and I can't find any settings related to this. I remember having a similar problem on my MDA Touch, but can't remember how it was resolved.

Any one else have the same issue? How is it fixed?

Thanks B)

Edit:

WM6.1 doesn't appear to have the time zone tab in the phone settings..?!?

Same here. Not a sausage from my TyTN II / Kaiser (on Orange) this morning. It's set to UK GMT (London, Dublin) timezone, set to update from network, using WM 6.0.

I can't even find an option to set BST manually so I have had to push the hour forward by one.

Weirdly, I think it sorted itself out 6 months ago...

Looking on here it seems it works for some, not for others.

Crap, eh?

Same here. Not a sausage from my TyTN II / Kaiser (on Orange) this morning. It's set to UK GMT (London, Dublin) timezone, set to update from network, using WM 6.0.

I can't even find an option to set BST manually so I have had to push the hour forward by one.

Crap, eh?

Just turned the time back to 00:59, and it changed to 2am and chimed!

Looks like it's just crap and sometimes doesn't do it regardless of settings...

Guest pete_thomson

Crap, eh?

Even if I push the time forward an hour, then the system either picks up the time via HSDPA or GPS because it swiches back!!

Guest Monolithix

Having similar problems here. I'm on Dutty 2.0 and it didn't pick up the time change. Now my texts are coming through with the wrong timestamp (an hour early) and, oddly, all my calendar appointments have "stuck", so are an hour early.

Guest tobbbie

Don't mix up 2 things here:

1. The automatic DST adjustment that WM does when Summer/wintertime changes. There is no easy way to switch this off (unless you do some reg-tweaking possibly).

2. The automatic Time/Timezone adjustment that WM changes (if the roaming networks supports it) according to the networks time setting. This seeting can safely be disabled in the Time/Date setting dialogue - if annoys more than it helps.

While 1.) has exeuted its task correctly, 2.) may have sabotaged it again - as your networks time/Zone setting may not be up-to-date (yet).

Guest SilentBob
1. The automatic DST adjustment... no easy way to switch this off

2. The automatic Time/Timezone adjustment that WM changes

Aaah! I don't think that I had fully realised these were two very different functions. So the (1) DST should just be automatic with no settings? Whilst, in that case, I probably wouldn't use (2), I don't see the settings for it anyway on WM6.1. Seems a bit of an odd option when we also have "dual" times, and can easily switch to the "visiting" timezone.

While 1.) has exeuted its task correctly...

I never got the message to tell me it had adjusted. I had to do this manually. Also, it then took a couple of minutes to update to TF3D.

I remember having the same issue with my MDA Touch for the very 1st DST. But after that they all happened automatically.

Guest kjt57
Aaah! I don't think that I had fully realised these were two very different functions. So the (1) DST should just be automatic with no settings? Whilst, in that case, I probably wouldn't use (2), I don't see the settings for it anyway on WM6.1. Seems a bit of an odd option when we also have "dual" times, and can easily switch to the "visiting" timezone.

I never got the message to tell me it had adjusted. I had to do this manually. Also, it then took a couple of minutes to update to TF3D.

I remember having the same issue with my MDA Touch for the very 1st DST. But after that they all happened automatically.

No problem with my HD with Orange rom, Got message yesterday morning to say updated time for daylight saving.....

Guest tobbbie

The automatic device-rule-based adjustment message is seen only if you are not having a reboot after it was done. My device boots each night at 3:05 am to ensure a clean start each day - so I did not see it on this device (despite time was adjusted). I am not sure if the default "confirmation timeout" will kick in for this message as well. I have set this timeout to "never" on my device to be sure not to miss anything.

For the adjustment according to network Time/timezone, my speculation is that simply the network operator has not adjusted his time sent over the air in time. So for those that use the option to sync to that time it is anoying (temporarily). I am sure some branded ROMs have disabled this feature becaus the operators know about their problems.

Guest pete_thomson
Don't mix up 2 things here:

1. The automatic DST adjustment that WM does when Summer/wintertime changes. There is no easy way to switch this off (unless you do some reg-tweaking possibly).

2. The automatic Time/Timezone adjustment that WM changes (if the roaming networks supports it) according to the networks time setting. This seeting can safely be disabled in the Time/Date setting dialogue - if annoys more than it helps.

While 1.) has exeuted its task correctly, 2.) may have sabotaged it again - as your networks time/Zone setting may not be up-to-date (yet).

Ahhhhhh. That explains one thing. I disabled the Time/Timezone adjustments and the time switching back stopped happening....until I walked into the office.

It seems that whenever I use TomTom that my time is switching back. WM6.1 is not clever enough to reset itself based on the GPS timestream is it??

Guest tobbbie
Ahhhhhh. That explains one thing. I disabled the Time/Timezone adjustments and the time switching back stopped happening....until I walked into the office.

It seems that whenever I use TomTom that my time is switching back. WM6.1 is not clever enough to reset itself based on the GPS timestream is it??

Another time-sync happens with ActiveSync to the time of your PC. This may be not set set correctly as well yet.

I am not aware if TomTom Syncs GPS time (which is UTC always and thus requires timezone + DST offset).

It could be that other "magic" syncs GPS time to the device if GPS is built it (e.g. for the Blackstone).

• 2 weeks later...