FPSEce 1.0, the perfect psx emulator is about to be released

Guest i900french-addict

Guest i900french-addict
Hello i900

I'm not stalking you, I just follow FPSECE over the web lol

Glad to hear about Castlevania! I know I asked before but dont think I got a reply, does FPSECE 1.0 support full screen portrait? maybe it could be requested? B) :(

Not real full screen for the game, since the original psx was meant for traditional 4/3 TVs (full screen in VGA, but would mean resizing or cutting the image to be full screen on omnia's display), but Schtruck gave me a new skin yesterday, that at least uses all the screen for the menu or the virtual gamepad, no more black space at the bottom

Guest i900french-addict
I have a request, when u are in landscape mode, u can have right 6 buttons to be push buttons, while left 6 work like if you would hold a button and if you click on it again, you don't hold it anymore, but those 6 buttons can't be move arrows, just square, circle, triangle, x, start and select, so my request is to add move arrows being possible to select on both right or left side (so you can select it on left) and then you won't need to keep pressing let's say forward, but just press it once and your character will go forward and you will be able to use triangle, square, circle and x at the same time, so even if omnia doesn't have multi touch, you will be able to play most of the games. Please forward this request to the coder, cause i'm sure this isn't a hard thing to do, to add buttons there.

That will be implemented.

I can move my character by touching the screen on my beta version, even if I don't have the menu to map these "buttons" lol (neither do I have the virtual pad since I play with a BT one)

I don't really agree when you say many games could be played that way on the omnia. Only one touche at a time, and only one hardware button...

Try to walk and shoot on resident evil (impossible) or play tekken looool

Guest HellboyMC
That will be implemented.

I can move my character by touching the screen on my beta version, even if I don't have the menu to map these "buttons" lol (neither do I have the virtual pad since I play with a BT one)

I don't really agree when you say many games could be played that way on the omnia. Only one touche at a time, and only one hardware button...

Try to walk and shoot on resident evil (impossible) or play tekken looool

Tekken works fine for me, it's true you can't make combos that involve arrow buttons, but everything else is possible, except ofc, it doesn't have enough fps yet. Also can u explain me what switch buttons mean (left 6 in landscape) as other are push buttons (right 6 in landscape mode)?

Guest jamjamjam

Thanks for reply!

Do you think release is going to be soon? i.e. days rather than months? havn't heard much from Schtruck lately B)

Guest Henxu

OH, and where did you get the virtual psx pad? I'm looking for it but I couldn't find it.

Btw, i want to ask you 1 thing, so i'm going do it by pm.

Guest thescope
OH, and where did you get the virtual psx pad? I'm looking for it but I couldn't find it.

Btw, i want to ask you 1 thing, so i'm going do it by pm.

It apears only on Portriat mode change this under video seittings 

Guest Henxu

Thanks thescope, now i can enjoy (a bit) FFVII :excl:

@Zabique32, that would be the best of the best for the fpsece, but , nowadays we only have the MSI gamepad or, take a bluetooth keyboard.

Guest i900french-addict

Schtruck is still working good, I've had a full features beta version of 1.0 (I mean that the omnia can run all the optimizations, which was not for sure)

Excepted a few sound problems linked to XAstreams, I've got gran tourismo working about 40fps, tekken 1 46fps, battle arena toshinden 46fps, Driver 2 40fps

I'm talking about full 3d games, or games using goureau shadding, that usually the slowest games once emulated (games like final fantasy 7,8,9 are full speed easily since there's a lot of bitmap)

And I've realized something crucial: compressing a game with pocket iso with THE GOOD SETTINGS (that vary from game to game) is important to get the max. fps

Guest barriedude
Schtruck is still working good, I've had a full features beta version of 1.0 (I mean that the omnia can run all the optimizations, which was not for sure)

Excepted a few sound problems linked to XAstreams, I've got gran tourismo working about 40fps, tekken 1 46fps, battle arena toshinden 46fps, Driver 2 40fps

I'm talking about full 3d games, or games using goureau shadding, that usually the slowest games once emulated (games like final fantasy 7,8,9 are full speed easily since there's a lot of bitmap)

And I've realized something crucial: compressing a game with pocket iso with THE GOOD SETTINGS (that vary from game to game) is important to get the max. fps

hey can you ask schtruck if he needs some1 to test Fpsece 1.0 on a device thats much slower? cus i have a htc touch with only 201 mhz (overclocked 312 mhz) but if he does contact me please ^^

[email protected]

Guest i900french-addict

1)

you'll see the speed difference with my previous video, Schtruck told me which settings to use

You can also see the evolution and the work on the settings by watching my different videos of this game chronologicaly

2)

A fast result depending on a perfect compression with pocket iso

You can see the effect on various frameskip settings on this vid

3)

Another full 3D fighting game working fast. Compression of audio tracks to MP3 thanks to pocket iso is necessary to achieve a good speed

Edited by i900french-addict

Guest barriedude
1)

you'll see the speed difference with my previous video, Schtruck told me which settings to use

You can also see the evolution and the work on the settings by watching my different videos of this game chronologicaly

2)

A fast result depending on a perfect compression with pocket iso

You can see the effect on various frameskip settings on this vid

3)

Another full 3D fighting game working fast. Compression of audio tracks to MP3 thanks to pocket iso is necessary to achieve a good speed

hey i900french-addict can i ask you to make a compare movie? somthing like this

you show the speed of fpsece 1.0 and fpsece 0.9.6 orsomthing

that would be very nice ^^ thanks ( can you make that movie from the game ff7?) :excl:

Guest HellboyMC

I tried compressing ISO's with normal and maximum compression with pocket iso, but then when i go start-iso's and pick the game, i get an error, cd-rom initialization failed, you said if you compress, you get more fps, so why isn't it working?

Guest HoodOrnament
I tried compressing ISO's with normal and maximum compression with pocket iso, but then when i go start-iso's and pick the game, i get an error, cd-rom initialization failed, you said if you compress, you get more fps, so why isn't it working?

I'm not positive, but I've read on other forums that using ROM rips, or compressing them will cause that error with the old versions. However with version 1.0 it should all be fixed...

Cant wait!

Guest Jokes On You

Gran Turismo is looking great. Hey addict hows the new emulator on battery life?

Edited by Jokes On You

Guest jamjamjam

@HellboyMC Try this soloution: http://fpseceforum.comoj.com/viewtopic.php...6bed86ff3ef798c

For those people having CD initialisation erros after converting files with Pocket ISO, please import this registry key into your windows mobile device.

TESTED WORKING ON: Touch Pro, Touch Diamond, SE Xperia

http://rapidshare.de/files/46326528/LIBZ.DLL.reg.html

Guest HellboyMC

Doesn't seem to work on omnia, i done it, first tried playing right away, then i waited 30 seconds before playing, then i waited 30 seconds and done a soft reset and it still doesn't work :/

Guest i900french-addict

=> battery life is not worse than when watching a divx movie

=> I haven't tested bloody roar 3 but I will asap

=> CD initialisation erros won't occure anymore with upcomming version 1.0

2 new videos: tekken 2 running at 40/42 fps, landscape mode:

Guest Jokes On You
=> battery life is not worse than when watching a divx movie

=> I haven't tested bloody roar 3 but I will asap

=> CD initialisation erros won't occure anymore with upcomming version 1.0

2 new videos: tekken 2 running at 40/42 fps, landscape mode:

Tekken is running really well. The slowdown arent that bad. Would it be possible to test a sports game such as a basketball or football game? Those game would be heavy but I would like to see how they run.

Guest i900french-addict
Tekken is running really well. The slowdown arent that bad. Would it be possible to test a sports game such as a basketball or football game? Those game would be heavy but I would like to see how they run.

I made a video of this one e few days ago:

International Superstar soccer

I've also tried Summer Olympic games, working fine.

Guest i900french-addict
when it is about to release de full version?

'seems that LDchen is a real perfectionnist and wants to fix a few things more

Guest Natsirt

damn i literally drooled when i read this! omg .. lol, this is a must have :excl: for every1 who shows off their iphones like "omg i have a ball tilting game!!" i can whip out my omnia and go.. HA! i have Final Fantasy 9 on my phone :excl:

lol.. this looks really great... cant wait! :excl: