FPSEce 1.0, the perfect psx emulator is about to be released

Guest i900french-addict

Guest i900french-addict
Tried version .5 and .6 and both have this problem, i'm trying FF7 and after a couple of minutes in the opening intro the screen with switch to landscape mode on it's own and the on screen keypad disappears. There's no way to quit without soft reseting. Any ideas?

Be cool to play this game on the train on the way to work in the mornings :D

There's no virtual gamepad in landscape mode (you can map the screen on some devices, quite hard on the omnia, and you won't see the virtual buttons anyway, so quite hard!)

I don't understand why it switches to landscape on its own, are you sure you don't touch the rotation button of the virtual pad by accident? (easy to do, it's just aver the direction cross..)

You should map the "menu" button of fpsece (settings, gamepad) on the optical mouse button of the omnia to quit from landscape mode

Guest HellboyMC
There's no virtual gamepad in landscape mode (you can map the screen on some devices, quite hard on the omnia, and you won't see the virtual buttons anyway, so quite hard!)

I don't understand why it switches to landscape on its own, are you sure you don't touch the rotation button of the virtual pad by accident? (easy to do, it's just aver the direction cross..)

You should map the "menu" button of fpsece (settings, gamepad) on the optical mouse button of the omnia to quit from landscape mode

Will you be able to set left, right, up, down buttons in landscape mode? As right now u can only set select, start, traingle, square, cross and circle.

Guest i900french-addict
Will you be able to set left, right, up, down buttons in landscape mode? As right now u can only set select, start, traingle, square, cross and circle.

In my beta 1.0, that's just the contrary: I don't even know how, since I don't have the complete stuff for the virtual gamepad settings, but my characters follow my stylus when I play one of the final fantasy, and I can press some invisible buttons on the sides of the screen, all this in landscape mode.

So I suppose the screen sides will be mapable for the buttons, and the screen center will be devided in 4 big squares for the directions.

But I'm not sure, I've just seen that it works.

i900french - i've noticed you're a FF fan, i've managed to get FF7 working on version .5 but just got a couple of questions.

1) The music seems a bit 'weird' not quite right - is there something I can do to solve this? Ive not compressed the iso or anything, i've literally just pulled it out of an eboot PSP file so I could tinker around with that

2) Is there a way of 'running' without a bluetooth gamepad? At the moment I have to walk everywhere as I can't press action and a direction key at the same time

Guest i900french-addict
i900french - i've noticed you're a FF fan, i've managed to get FF7 working on version .5 but just got a couple of questions.

1) The music seems a bit 'weird' not quite right - is there something I can do to solve this? Ive not compressed the iso or anything, i've literally just pulled it out of an eboot PSP file so I could tinker around with that

2) Is there a way of 'running' without a bluetooth gamepad? At the moment I have to walk everywhere as I can't press action and a direction key at the same time

1) The music is not weird when compressed with pocket iso....but pocket iso does'nt work with 0.9.5 or 6 and the omnia...

2)The only hardware button you can map is the "optical mouse", so you can use it to run, and the screen to choose the direction. The only problem with these settings is that if you go landscape, you won't be able to quite since you must map the "menu" button on the optical mouse to quit from landscape

Guest barriedude
1) The music is not weird when compressed with pocket iso....but pocket iso does'nt work with 0.9.5 or 6 and the omnia...

2)The only hardware button you can map is the "optical mouse", so you can use it to run, and the screen to choose the direction. The only problem with these settings is that if you go landscape, you won't be able to quite since you must map the "menu" button on the optical mouse to quit from landscape

will this EVER be released??

Edited by barriedude

Guest i900french-addict

After many days of silence, I had good news from Schtruck yesterday.

He has finished his part of the work and is now only waiting for LDchen to give him the source code of the Mdec bug (LDchen finally fixed that challenging bug but still hasn't sent the codes to Schtruck it seems. Don't forget that both guys have a job, a family, and do everything for free, so it takes more time than professional paid programmers or complete no life geeks <_< )

During this time, Schtruck finished his fix concerning "high def." games and a better frameskip.

Anyway, the free 1.0 version (all features working. Another version with save state option and other extra features will also be released for 5 euros) is actually ready, just waiting for LDchen last fix.

I've tried it yesterday!

Guest HellboyMC
After many days of silence, I had good news from Schtruck yesterday.

He has finished his part of the work and is now only waiting for LDchen to give him the source code of the Mdec bug (LDchen finally fixed that challenging bug but still hasn't sent the codes to Schtruck it seems. Don't forget that both guys have a job, a family, and do everything for free, so it takes more time than professional paid programmers or complete no life geeks <_< )

During this time, Schtruck finished his fix concerning "high def." games and a better frameskip.

Anyway, the free 1.0 version (all features working. Another version with save state option and other extra features will also be released for 5 euros) is actually ready, just waiting for LDchen last fix.

I've tried it yesterday!

Can u confirm if u can pick direction buttons in landscape mode instead of just action buttions and start, select? Also it would be great if someone could adapt it to wqvga resolution? If anyone knows how to do it for himself, please share ^^

Guest i900french-addict

Yes you can pick up directions buttons in landscape mode.

1.0 is already compatible with every display, including wqvga, but you can't have a real complete full screen on a wqvga display, rememver the ps1 was meant for 4/3 display, 4/3 just can't fit into wqvga without cutting a part of the image (and loosing characters info for many games) or enlarging the display (could you play tekken if the characters are as large as high, like a plump dwarf ? loool)

Guest jamjamjam

is there still an option to stretch it by changing the x and y values like in 0.9.5?? I really dont mind changing the values and play in full screen portrait at the moment!

Guest Jokes On You
is there still an option to stretch it by changing the x and y values like in 0.9.5?? I really dont mind changing the values and play in full screen portrait at the moment!

yes check the fpsce.ini file

Guest i900french-addict
fpsece.net doesnt work <_< Version 0.1.0 was released?

Nope, not yet.

The company that hosts fpsece.net forum has technical difficulties in all the forums they host due to "physical vandalism", that what they say.

But fpsece.net was not the target, they host many other forums?

Edited by i900french-addict

Guest i900french-addict

Don't beleive this barridude kid.

He can't know what it is to be married, have 2 children, a good but time-taking job and creating FPSEce........

I don't know what would be the point for Schtruck and LDchen to spend so much time in creating fpsece 1.0 if it not to release it but only for teasing.

..........kids are so impatient !

Guest Jokes On You

He can't know what it is to be married, have 2 children, a good but time-taking job and creating FPSEce........

I don't know what would be the point for Schtruck and LDchen to spend so much time in creating fpsece 1.0 if it not to release it but only for teasing.

I totally aggree. I am not that old and I know making freeware can be taxing on someone with outside interests. If it is annoying you that is not released just ignore the forum and wait till it comes out.

Guest barriedude

yeah im very impatient <_< and i dont know how it it to have 2 children D: i am 14 xD

Guest i900french-addict

looool so don't complain, you're 14, lucky you !!!!!

(arf, I wish I could be 14 once more!!!!!!...and I'm "only" 29)

You are 14, you have plenty of time, just wait a little more! (for example, last week, Schtruck could not work on fpsece because of his....his......his adult life <_< )

Guest HellboyMC
yeah im very impatient <_< and i dont know how it it to have 2 children D: i am 14 xD

Just think how you will once you grow up, want to do a hobby of yours or have fun with friends, but won't be able to cause u will have to spend time in work, with kids, with your wife. This is how it is, enjoy till your young, i sure will ^^ and i honestly don't give a crap if this thing comes half a year from now or 1 year from now, as long as it is working and i will be able to play better games during school while i do now ^^

Guest i900french-addict

If you don't go to fpsece forum, here are the last fresh news from Schtruck, from yesterday( Tuesday, 2nd)

After a 5 days trip in London (Marvelous Town!), i comeback and i decided to enlight the situation of FpseCE developpement;

First FpseCE 0.1 is already Packaged for Soon release, the 5 euros version (paiment done by Paypal only) will contain the Famous RealTime SaveState Feature which work Like a charm and will Print the Owner Name when FpseCE will Start.

The Free Version won't have the RealTime SaveState Feature and will just Print it's a Free Version when FpseCE will Start.

About LDchen's tasks, i recall them, MDEC fixing, HLE fixing for few Games, another small bug in GTE and finally another problem in core which make a Game becoming crazy graphically(NFS2)..

I know LDchen's finally has fixed the MDEC problem, he's working on HLE fix and need to work on GTE and the other NFS2 problem.

Why it's long??? i explain:

LDchen's job take all his time since January, he work on an important project which take all his free time, for example he worked on Saturday until Midnight....and has just a few time to do everything else.... you can understand that using his few free time on FpseCE would be a suicide!

Now his Professional Project is in its critical time, Tomorow, he should deliver to his Company's client what he did since 5 months, and the result could be decide his Future, the client is happy and his company will continue to work, the client isn't satisfied by the product and the Company has just to close and ask workers to go home....

Don't think that the second solution will give to LDchen more time to work on FpseCE, because everybody need to eat then he will pass his time to find a new JOB... I'd prefer the first solution.... this will let LDchen's working on FpseCE each evenings like he was doing before this Project.

Now i cross my fingers...