CAB to remove DivXReg from Control Panel

Guest s0cks

Guest s0cks

Hi guys,

I spent too many hours trying to remove the DivX icon after removing the software from my ROM... and now I find a solution!

After a big mess in my icons, the only way I get was to replace the DivX link information in the Control Panel Applet.

I thought so much what I'll put there and I choosed the Front Camera Test.

The Front Camera is only for test. It does nothing else! But, maybe, you can use it like a MIRROR! Imagine, after a lunch... you can look your teeth! Good, huh? B)

I made a cab for it. You can use it WITHOUT cook your ROM.

Or, if you want to cook, you can convert it using cabtools...

So, bear in mind that you cannot remove it after install. And you have to install it choosing location 'Device'. Ok?

PS1: USE IT ONLY IF YOU REMOVED THE DIVX APPLICATION!!

PS2: Only ENGLISH ROM versions!

PS3: My Control Panel Applet was extracted from DXIA5. So I only recommend to use at DXIA5. But it works in all (recent) ROM versions.

PS4: This cab will install Front Camera Test and will replace the Control Panel Applet, under Settings Menu.

PS5: Front Camera Test has only 56kbytes. The Control Panel wont occupies space, because it's a replace file!

PS6: I suggest before install, to close ControlPanel.exe process. And after install, reboot the device!

Enjoy!

s0cks_ControlPanel_MOD.cab

Edited by s0cks

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great job s0cks thanks for it.

Here's an quick suggestion for an alternative applet, how about to use the picture taker utility from XTKit instead of front Camera test. If it's not much to ask can you make a new cab with picture taker utility, with option to install the program on internal 8/16 gb storage of the device for not to store taken pictures on device memory. Thanks..