Shotgun App

Guest thierryyy

Guest JDawg183

I tried to find my IMEI but I have the CDMA version. I did not realize that the ESN on CDMA devices was in place of the IMEI. So yea, I do not have one. Am i just screwed? What did you need it for? The app works fine on my phone other than not shooting.

Guest maf107ezk0
I tried to find my IMEI but I have the CDMA version. I did not realize that the ESN on CDMA devices was in place of the IMEI. So yea, I do not have one. Am i just screwed? What did you need it for? The app works fine on my phone other than not shooting.

Dude, in the dial pad type: *#06# Doesn`t that work :excl:

Guest JDawg183
Dude, in the dial pad type: *#06# Doesn`t that work :excl:

No, it doesnt work. From what I have found, the CDMA devices dont have that, they have ESN's and thats it.

Guest Chris H11
No, it doesnt work. From what I have found, the CDMA devices dont have that, they have ESN's and thats it.

Same problem, I dial that number and the Verizon lady just tells me it's not a valid number.

Guest dirty83sanchez

wtf??? R U realy sending him your IMEI??? ok i´m not a tech freak but, who knows what he´ll do with that s***. Why dont you just give him your bank account and pin number. :excl:

Guest thierryyy
wtf??? R U realy sending him your IMEI??? ok i´m not a tech freak but, who knows what he´ll do with that s***. Why dont you just give him your bank account and pin number. :excl:

What's the problem with giving you're IMEI then?

Guest Akshay_LP

Thanks for your effort, evdosadmoaim, its a pointless app, but well nonetheless, thanks for your effort to make it. I'd like to try it out, so I'll PM my IMEI to you.

(And to dirty83sanchez, jeez, don't, just don't.)

Guest 3shirts
i don't want to be very spread untill i will implement royalty free images and sounds.

If you aren't using royalty free stuff then any kind of distribution is illegal. I suggest you keep it to yourself until you've changed those, don't wanna get in hot water over a free app

Guest smoothcrooner

I think this little app has just bricked my omnia, wtf. I must have soft reset my omnia about 10 times now with no joy. The problem started immediately after installing this f**cking app, it now seems all dubious now, first he didn't want to release the app, and then he would but was too f**cking busy to find the time upload the file that would normally take just minutes to upload and now he wants ur IMEI number? what for? I'm only giving that information to my insurance company. After reading the rest of the posts on here I think he has got other issues relating to royalties and using other stuff without having the rights to do so. I have to do a hard rest now and lets hope that works or else it will have to go the service centre. The MODs on here need to take notice of this, I'm so f**cking pissed offfffff!!!!!!

Edited by smoothcrooner

Guest thierryyy
I think this little app has just bricked my omnia, wtf. I must have soft reset my omnia about 10 times now with no joy. The problem started immediately after installing this f**cking app, it now seems all dubious now, first he didn't want to release the app, and then he would but was too f**cking busy to find the time upload the file that would normally take just minutes and now he wants ur IMEI number? what for? I'm only giving that information to my insurance company. After reading the rest of the posts on here I think he has got other issues relating to royalties and using other stuff without having the rights to do so. I have to do a hard rest now and lets hope that works or else it will have to go the service centre. The MODs on here need to take notice of this, I'm so f**cking pissed offfffff!!!!!!

I have no problem :excl:

Guest Hellbender
I think this little app has just bricked my omnia, wtf. I must have soft reset my omnia about 10 times now with no joy. The problem started immediately after installing this f**cking app, it now seems all dubious now, first he didn't want to release the app, and then he would but was too f**cking busy to find the time upload the file that would normally take just minutes and now he wants ur IMEI number? what for? I'm only giving that information to my insurance company. After reading the rest of the posts on here I think he has got other issues relating to royalties and using other stuff without having the rights to do so. I have to do a hard rest now and lets hope that works or else it will have to go the service centre. The MODs on here need to take notice of this, I'm so f**cking pissed offfffff!!!!!!

And speaking about bad manners, you are the King of Nastyville.

First you installed a unselessware on your device withount knowing the source (you know the user who posted it, but you don't know how reliable he is).

You bricked it, and now you blame the author for a bunch of excuses which apparently never bothered you in the first place, when you downloaded and installed the app.

You can just argue the fact that the author should wrote a disclaimer about the usage of his application. But really, it's you to blame.

As if you tried to flash your phone with a custom rom made by someone other and you bricked it, and you blamed the rom author. That's a NO NO. You flashed it, you bricked it.

Apparently you are the first to have such problems on running the app, so the problem could belong to your configuration.

Before calling MODs in cause, get a little smarter and learn to charge yourself some responsibility, or stop installing non commercial or guarantee software on your phone, because no community user who develops free apps will never respond on the damage made to your device.

About the IMEI matter, in some countries you can lock down a stolen device by telling the IMEI code to the phone carrier, so you should never give your IMEI around.

I would wait for a potentially less damaging authentication method.

Edited by Hellbender

Guest liamwolf

*Ahmmm* Giving away your IMEI is stupid because he can track you, or render your phone useless. These idiots above are thinking IMSI. Which is even worst to give him! Don't give him that, and don't give him your MEID either. These two codes have your information inside them. They can be used to access your online accounts, IMSI can be put on another sims card thus making everything you receive go to him as well.

Honestly, though. Are you seriously going to give him any code on your phone? Idiots.

(o)|-|4/\/9

/|\ |O10><

/ \

Edited by liamwolf

Guest Adrynalyne

What is with the IQ deficiency in this thread? Namecalling and insults? Over a stupid shotgun app?

Get some fresh air people, you are making this forum look like a joke.

Guest awarner (MVP)

Ok chill pill time guys, please no more flaming or insults that's not what we are here for.

Off topic posts removed.

As a general warning,

I would certainly not advice giving anyone your IMEI.

This is not directed at anyone specifically and it can be a good idea to use for registration purposes but MS do not allow it for (or at least did not use to allow it) with signed applications.

IMEI cloning is possible and in the wrong hands could be costly.

Guest evdokimosk

I believe that giving your IMEI is not a good idea. But this is the way i was thinking of locking the application for commercial use. Do you now any other way. If you do I will implemented it. Thanks

Guest thierryyy
I believe that giving your IMEI is not a good idea. But this is the way i was thinking of locking the application for commercial use. Do you now any other way. If you do I will implemented it. Thanks

Use an valid email to register?

Guest awarner (MVP)

Unfortunately there are no real decen ways to secure registration on an application and they can all be generally hacked.

Most of the time it depends on how popular the application is to wether it gets the old reg generation hack.

IMEI is one of the best ways but as I said it never used to be permitted for signed applications. The one of the few apps I beleve has not been hacked is Co-Pilot.

Guest bpivk

You could make a page that would generate a random string and then use that string for registration. That's what some of the apps i've installed use.