RetroSPV - Free SMS

Guest asif @ planus

Guest asif @ planus

Hello.

I would like to announce that we have now finished our maintenance work, and retroSPV v1.1 is out.

This should be faster, and we have added some server side scripting in order for data to be transferred more securely.

the address is: www.RetroSPV.Info, and please take a moment to visit our main SMS website @ http://www.RetroFone.Info

Regards

Asif

Guest asif @ planus

Did you remove the first Zero from the number?

We are going through hundreds of messages a day, and 95% reach within 10 seconds.

Regards

Asif

Guest Treadsoftly

Seems to work fine for me.

Hi Asif - do you see this continuing to be a free service for the forseeable future? And also, can you text international numbers (I'm guessing not from the way it's been set up).

Cheers.

Guest PsychoDave

Brilliant. This is just what we need. Message came thru in seconds.

Once again tho will it still be free? Hope so cos my bundled texts don't last too long.

Any way, all those damn red folders have gone and its finally time to leave.......................unless...............................no!!!!!! there's another one........oh well.

Just a little longer Ma ;)

Worked a treat here too - near instant. 8)

One thing which would be nice - make the retrospv.info website a little narrower so it fits perfectly on to the SPV screen ;)

I STILL dont have my SPV, the main reason being my Fastxta accoutn which gives me unlimited free sms on my 7650 unles April.

If I did get my SPV (i'm leading an Ebay auction) would it be possibleto save this page and only pay the GPRS cost of sending the SMS? I wouldnt be on the all you can eat bundle so downloading the page each time would add up, even at only per time 1.7kb

I sound like such a cheap skate! ;)

Guest Gorskar

Current cost £8/mb = 1024kb

if every message = 2k (approx from this page accounting for form u submit) then every message= 1.5625 pence.

Compare this to typical sms cost of 10 pence.

It doesn't take a genius to spot which is cheaper.

In fact the page will probably be cached on your spv, so it will be even less to download = even cheaper messages!

It seems to work fine on my phone.

A great service!

Yes, with £2 per mb i'll be able to do a lot of sms'ing!

It looks like im about to win that auction for the SPV, but I just got retrospv.info working on my 7650; I don't need one anymore! ;)

I wouldn't mind paying a fixed annual sum for retrospv if it included a simple address book and semi-permanent "SENDER" field.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I wouldn't mind paying a fixed annual sum for retrospv if it included a simple address book and semi-permanent "SENDER" field.

Yes, I was thinking about that also. I would definitely pay a reasonable annual fee for using retrospv if you could set up a profile and have an address book. You could even upload or download your SPV contact list using a tab or comma seperated text file.

Guest asif @ planus

Hi,

Thank you for all your kind words. It is nice to know that people enjoy using our services.

Yes, we will be keeping the service for a considerable time - it is currently entirely funded internally by our group. Naturally, this is a rather large drain, as we have server costs, etc...to pay for too..

An address book, and our New API is currently being made, in ASP, and is due for release on Monday. I will approach the Programmers today about the importing of files.

Could someone please send me an example of the CSV file that is generated by the export function of the SPV? This would help us greatly.

If you can please email it to: [email protected]

Thanks

Asif

With internet explorer's "Save As", a very brief fiddle with the source and an upload of the html onto the phone you've basically got just that. I'll let you know how I did it if you like.

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.
With internet explorer's "Save As", a very brief fiddle with the source and an upload of the html onto the phone you've basically got just that. I'll let you know how I did it if you like.

Nice tip, Ed ;)

Ok, I'm probably being thick but i can't get this to work. I've fiddled with the html but when I click the send button I just get a page not found error.

Hello.

I would like to announce that we have now finished our maintenance work, and retroSPV v1.1 is out.

the address is: www.RetroSPV.Info, and please take a moment to visit our main SMS website @ http://www.RetroFone.Info

Regards

Asif

Looks like this site has been trashed again.

never did work for me anyway ! ;)

Guest asif @ planus

Heelo.

No, the site has not been trashed. The provider where the website was hosted had some problems.

We cannot control this, as we keep the RetroFone & RetroSPV Websites off-site.

In fact, we will be improving things, not trashing them. Our new ringtones service is due out soon, and we are also changing SMS providers to a faster, more worldwide provider.

Regards

Asif