problems in USB mode

Guest westy123

Guest westy123

So i accidently dismounted my omnia while transfering music to it via 'Itunes sync' and now whenever i connect in usb mode i'm asked to 'scan and fix' or 'continue without scanning', accompanied by a very annoying flickering of the mouse pointer from busy to normal etc.

if i continue without scanning then the flickering doesn't stop. ever. until i disconnect. if i select scan and fix then it refuses to scan because the 'disc is in use' and offers me the chance to 'schedule' a check (it never does the check however...). if i select this then the very annoying flickering stops after about 5-10 mins......

obviously something got badword up/corrupted when i dismounted the omnia, but how to fix it??

thanks

Guest bpivk

I guess you're using vista. I get that from every USB device i've plugged into the blasted thing and i just ignore it.

The flickering that you mention is something to do with your computer so i wouldn't know how to fix it. I guess google is your friend or if someone here knows what could cause this.

Guest voornaam3884

Maybe mounting with USB in Storage Mode, and hereafter

cmd.exe

chkdsk /f X:

where X is your new USB massstorage drive.

• 4 weeks later...