WM 6.5 by DDDRKO (23052)

Guest dddrko

Guest plguzman

No radio included means that your old radio will stay untouched. So, you shouldn't have any problems connecting to anything. You just need to reconfigure your access points.

Edited by plguzman

No radio included means that your old radio will stay untouched. So, you shouldn't have any problems connecting to anything. You just need to reconfigure your access points.

Strange I can not receive any radio station. what do you mean with reset your access points

can someone confirm that the fm radio is working on build 23052

Edited by extric

Strange I can not receive any radio station. what do you mean with reset your access points

can someone confirm that the fm radio is working on build 23052

He's talking about radio transmitter controlling software-for wireless capability(GSM,HSDPA,WiFi,Bluetooth),you are thinking about FM radio.

hmm to clear things out: radio transmitter for GSM and 3G networks a.k.a. PHONE part is not included in these ROMs, but that means it will NOT be UPDATED, but it WILL be there and work correctly (because the old version will not be deleted). latest PHONE part is DXID1, so if you already have that updated, there is no need to update it on every ROM flashing.

btw.....I have read on XDA developers forums that new build 23060 and 23420 have leaked. will you cook any of them for us DDDRKO?

Changes in Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23060 and Build 23420:

- Email folder in Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile gets new colored icons.

- Improved browsing experience on Internet Explorer Mobile.

- Definitely more faster and responsive than the last leaked Build 23053.

- Faster boot time.

- Build 23420 has the new contacts app.

- Build 23060 has the menu eye candy but not the new contacts app.

- Incorporates the updated GUI from the later COM3 builds into COM4.

- Better memory management.

hmm to clear things out: radio transmitter for GSM and 3G networks a.k.a. PHONE part is not included in these ROMs, but that means it will NOT be UPDATED, but it WILL be there and work correctly (because the old version will not be deleted). latest PHONE part is DXID1, so if you already have that updated, there is no need to update it on every ROM flashing.

think you're explanation is really clear

just want to check if fm radio is working for someone or it is local issue for me

Guest lonely2k5

DDDRKO any new buils comming out from you?

love you roms...very fast compared to others...not saying other are not good...

but everyone has it's tast...mine is yours!!!

:)

to extric:

well. for me the FM radio worked in all ROMs including this one, but there is one feature that did not worked never - even with original Samsung ROM and that is auto alternative frequency switching....I do not know why, because on my older Sony Ericsson W910i it works.

Guest Billus
Thanks for the fast answer!

Is it recommendable to change the running 6.1 to the newest 6.5 build?

If your ready to deal with some bugs, both GUI and stability, then yes. I don't find the later 6.5.1 roms to be any more unstable than the 6.1 roms to be honest, perhaps even more stable. I can go for a week without restarting my phone. Plus, the 6.5 roms look heaps better than the 6.1 ones and much more finger friendly. There may or may not be some program compatibility, for example Pocket Player as there is a GUI conflict along the bottom bar and the finger mouse doesn't work but that's all i've run into.

I'd say just try it and see if you like it. Just make sure you backup your stuff before you do.

Hope this helps!

Guest Fabian Zandl

Which is best Build of all? I just installed the 23052, but I have several problems regarding my Internet Connection and my E-Mail (IMAP) Configuration?!

Thank you!

Guest leviticus

Anyone has any luck with Windows MarketPlace on build 23052? I'm unable to get it to work. Will we see 23060 soon?

Great work DDDRKO! I love your original WinMo 6.5 rom and having the option to install whatever we like. Thanks DDDRKO!

Guest lonely2k5

no posts from DDDRKO for a while now...

is he still with us or he ran to other device?

HOPE NOT...i like his roms too !!!

DDDRKO COME IN, ITS PLANET OMNIA CALLING !!!

Guest Nosferatuâ„¢

Ey D?!?? Where you at dude? Ive been missing your ROMs man, coz its been a while since your last ROM. How's everything goin so far? Are you still the "more work, less talk" kind of guy? I bet you still are! :) Anyway's just dropped by to say hi.

Oh by the way, got bored of my new iPhone 3GS, so i snatched back my Omnia from my girlfriend and we switch phones. :D You know what i mean...:P Oh well, hafta go. Take care dude! :D

Guest kikloo

Hi,

I am new to this whole rom thing. I got omnia for my dad thinking it would be good as i never had tried windows mobile earlier. But to my utter surprise the phone's OS sucks. Its not made for old people and hell it ain't a iphone killer. Killer is very far Omnia is not even able to match the interface.

Anyways, what i am pissed off is that the icons are way too small to touch, low sound, confusing interface and what not. But someone told me at omnia forum that upgrading to WinMo 6.5 will resolve all these issues. So here i am after reading and visiting a lot of forums etc. i think this is really WinMo 6.5 rom for i900. This is my last hope for this mobile and if this fails then goodbye omnia and samsung forever.

Can i please know how to flash the rom safely step by step ?

Thanks.

Guest Nosferatuâ„¢
Hi,

I am new to this whole rom thing. I got omnia for my dad thinking it would be good as i never had tried windows mobile earlier. But to my utter surprise the phone's OS sucks. Its not made for old people and hell it ain't a iphone killer. Killer is very far Omnia is not even able to match the interface.

Anyways, what i am pissed off is that the icons are way too small to touch, low sound, confusing interface and what not. But someone told me at omnia forum that upgrading to WinMo 6.5 will resolve all these issues. So here i am after reading and visiting a lot of forums etc. i think this is really WinMo 6.5 rom for i900. This is my last hope for this mobile and if this fails then goodbye omnia and samsung forever.

Can i please know how to flash the rom safely step by step ?

Thanks.

Click here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/: Good luck!