New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest nutty123
I am in the process now of doing it, it says on my phone its loading. I am literally going to hyperventilate if this thing goes wrong. I kept telling myself dont do it, dont take the chance, but it's too tempting seeing you guys talk about it!

That's how I feel. I tossed and turned last night in bed thinking about whether to install it or not. lol :excl:

Guest Echew
Out of curiousity, what will happen when/if VZW does in fact release the update? If we choose to install the VZW update will it just overwrite this ROM? Or could it potentially brick it? Or? I am curious if the current ROM that everyone is using is the pseudo-official release or if it's just part of it and that VZW/Samsung are going to include other stuff in the release also.

I, like others, have all the stuff, but just waiting to see if I get enough courage to do it.

It's a firmware updater and to my knowledge doesn't care what’s installed on the device already. We went through this with the I730 and I760 and subsequent updates from VZW went smoothly... For me anyways...

Edited by Echew

Guest Adrynalyne
I am in the process now of doing it, it says on my phone its loading. I am literally going to hyperventilate if this thing goes wrong. I kept telling myself dont do it, dont take the chance, but it's too tempting seeing you guys talk about it!

Oh my god, its done, its restarting. Im afraid to touch it

Edit: I was freaking out, the Verizon screen was taking forever to load, but now its on! Im going to test it and report back! No brick so far, yeehaw!

Edit 2: Called out, it works! Didnt even have to cal *611 or anything! I am now messing with the widgets, awesome!!

Congratulations! I am glad you took the plunge, its worth it!

Guest WdGldDave
OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest :excl: .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

Megaupload link for new Firmware

Edited by WdGldDave

Guest nutty123
Can someone please explain this part of the tutorial:

"2-2. Driver Installation (Phone)

When you download the phone image, you need the driver of Samsung CDMA Modem.

If you want to download the phone image, install the Samsung CDMA Modem driver.

Guest Solange82200
This is one of my questions also. Not sure if this is part of just the USB driver? or something else? If it's something I have to install, anyone know where I can get it?

I never got anyone to answer it, so I just went and did it (make sure you have the modem driver though) and it worked. I say just ignore that part, unless someone finally explains what it means

Guest Echew
This is one of my questions also. Not sure if this is part of just the USB driver? or something else? If it's something I have to install, anyone know where I can get it?

Mine installed via Windows Update once WMDC downloaded (Applies to Vista or Win7). Otherwise others have stated that it can be obtained from the VZAccess CD...

Edited by Echew

Guest nutty123
It's a firmware updater and to my knowledge doesn't care what’s installed on the device already. We went through this with the I730 and I760 and subsequent updates from VZW went smoothly... For me anyways...

ok, thanks for the info.

I never got anyone to answer it, so I just went and did it (make sure you have the modem driver though) and it worked. I say just ignore that part, unless someone finally explains what it means

You just confused me. I am referring to the CDMA modem driver. I have installed the "SAMSUNG Mobile USB DRIVER(4.40.7.0) v1.6" that came with the phone (on the CD), but not sure where to get the CDMA Modem driver though.

Guest nutty123

I think I might have to take the plung tonight when I get home. But first, one last question I hope you guys can help me with.... AFter I flash it and the phone comes back up, it seems I have to do the following:

1) Turn location on in gps settings

2) set to com8 (in google maps only it seems?)

and then automagically everything works. Is there anything else I need to do?

I've seen quite a few horror stories over the last 24 hours, so just watn to be sure. :excl: Thanks!

Guest Solange82200

Im sorry, I misspoke. I meant just make sure you have the USB driver. I have no idea what the CDMA modem driver is, and I was able to flash it anyway.

Guest necosino

Quite a few? We had 3 people have issues, 2 couldnt get data, 1 thought he bricked (but didn't) and another just didnt finish the process :excl:

All issues have been addressed and explained how to avoid them :excl:

Guest Adrynalyne

I've been compiling a list seeing how we don't have an official change log :excl:

Anyone care to add to it?

*Overall performance increase.

* 5% battery increments!

*Smart Memo

*Dice

*Favorite Settings, now known as easy settings

*New widgets. Easier to move around, can remove from list. Weatherbug, WL search.

*Windows Live

*Text Message Retry?

*Dialer Touch Lock Settings-Off, 2s, 5s, 10s. My claim to fame is gone icon_sad.gif

*Disable Threaded Text Messaging via System Settings

*Sharper fonts.

*iPhone-esque popup keyboard keys. Much improved!

*Better kinetic scrolling in Samsung apps.

*Samsung Volume Control

* New Opera build.

*New IE, with working flash and youtube.

Bugs I still noticed:

Escalating Ringtone.

FavoriteSettings/EasySettings does not work to change ringtone.

Samsung Today 2 still not enabled.

Etiquette pause is broken in manual rotation mode.

Guest nutty123
Quite a few? We had 3 people have issues, 2 couldnt get data, 1 thought he bricked (but didn't) and another just didnt finish the process :excl:

All issues have been addressed and explained how to avoid them :excl:

Sorry, I was mostly referring to the calling in and asking to re-authenticate. I hope I don't have to do that... I am sure I will flub that up. Is the *228 necessary? Also, does the "My Storage" get erased or just the primary storage?

Thanks again!

Guest BamDastard
I think I'm doing things correctly but evidently not. When I run the UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.exe, the software won't find the .img file on my computer. After pushing "EBOOT" I get the file dialogue looking for a "OMNIA EBOOT ROM Image". I guide it to the proper folder but it doesn't appear as a choice in the window. I've downloaded the .img a couple of times to make sure that it is complete. Help?

Read the guide. You shouldn't just be clicking on EBOOT.

"4. Click the "EBOOT+PDA+PHONE(+CSC)" button."

Guest Phunkeydude

Been lurking a long time and folowing the thread about GPS unlock. I would check every few days to see if any progress and was surprised today to see this major update.

Well I couldnt wait so I downloaded everything and flashed it via XP. No issues at all. Went into phone settings and changed GPS to location rest the phone, got the warning message about location on setting, when to Goggle and installed Maps, set GPS to Com8/57600, went outside and turned on Use GPS and WOW it worked. Now I no longer miss my xv6800 with my gps hack. Thanks for everyones comments and to the person that posted the links for the update!

Guest lazer9

Anyone have a comparison of available "Storage" memory on the device between a vanilla stock rom vs.s this rom (vanilla = w/o any additional programs installed: EI, after a hard reset) ?

Guest Solange82200

There isnt a button with that name when I did it. It says Unified Image File for some reason

So am I really the only one having problems with SMS being very slow?

I'll have a txt conversation with someone. we'll say about 18 txt send /recieve back and forth. if I were go back and review what we talked about, i have to wait about 20+ seconds for it to either scroll or go back a page. Is there anyone else seeing this happen?

Guest WdGldDave

Yup, I figured it out. Thanks for the help.

Guest i'mdangerous
Yes, go outside and wait 5 to 10 minutes.

I changed my GPS back to E911only then to Location and it populated fairly quickly (this was also while waiting outside like you said for 5 minutes.

after google locked, then so did LiveSearch.

Thanks

Guest jaewon223

Please help.

Device name:5&14f4f23b&0&6

EBoot version=01.61

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-EBOOT update finished.

Device name:5&14f4f23b&0&6

EBoot version=01.71

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-EBOOT update finished.

PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Writing image finished...

PDA-Downloading CSC File...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-CSC update finished...

PHONE-Device does not support DPRAM Download

my phone is stuck on "phone download mode... do not disconnect" what do i do? :excl:

Guest MrSmoofy

Those that do have it flashed and the GPS working how reliable has it been for you.

I've had it hard lock several times (had to remove battery)

I've had it just not work and report that there was not a internal gps enabled

I've had it just not be able to find satalites even standing outside.

Everything works fine except for the GPS it works but is very very flaky I hope that's fixed in the full release because it is still useless if I can't just turn it on and it work without having to reboot the phone several times and wait 10-15 minutes for a satalite signal.

Guest Adrynalyne
Those that do have it flashed and the GPS working how reliable has it been for you.

Everything works fine except for the GPS it works but is very very flaky I hope that's fixed in the full release because it is still useless if I can't just turn it on and it work without having to reboot the phone several times and wait 10-15 minutes for a satalite signal.

Only had it stop working once, when the battery got low.

Guest aleis

i am battling this now!

so frustating!