New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest Solange82200

Crap. I deleted Vzappzone so that I could reinstall it, because i kept getting an error every time my phone would come on saying that vzappzone could not something something, cant even remember what it said. Anyway, I went to http://ota.getvzappzone.com to get it back, and I got an error saying my device isn't supported! I guess its because it doesnt recognize the ROM. Any ideas how to get it back? Its no big deal, but I wanted it in case someone fixes the vz navigator problem, that way I could reinstall it

Guest Chadwicky

All is well! Thanks so much! Google GPS takes forever, and VZW Navigator does not work correctly.

Used SPB Backup to restore all of my settings (had to do this twice, first time the PIN was activated but was not my saved password, had to use SPB backup again and tell it to restore previous password as well).

Yay for the ROM! :excl:

Guest Wynnded
Bootloader mode for the Omnia is started automatically when powered on. When you see the Omnia logo, you're in it.
I read this late last evening. That seems to be the major problem in the case of my brick, it never starts Bootloader mode, or never truly powers on.

Honestly, I've pretty much given up. I'm going to the Verizon store tomorrow and request another.....but I'm certainly not going to try this ROM until it's official because this is just too much of a drag. :excl:

Guest redhottennis
make sure samsung is able to connect with your computer before you begin the process.... if you can find saumsung's device connected, then it should work and you may be missing a step....

read it carefully!

Thanks idoctor, I didn't know you'd answer my question. Ask and it'll be given to you ! I really appreciate you responding to my query, it does connect and I see a removable drive in the computer. Should I take out the external memory card that I put in to it or is it just fine?

Guest krelvinaz
Crap. I deleted Vzappzone so that I could reinstall it, because i kept getting an error every time my phone would come on saying that vzappzone could not something something, cant even remember what it said. Anyway, I went to http://ota.getvzappzone.com to get it back, and I got an error saying my device isn't supported! I guess its because it doesnt recognize the ROM. Any ideas how to get it back? Its no big deal, but I wanted it in case someone fixes the vz navigator problem, that way I could reinstall it

VZappZone is on the Rom. Do hard reset and it will come back.

Guest bikercr
Solution for GPS problems after ROM flash:

Once you've got the upgraded ROM in there, forget about VZ Navigator (at least I couldn't get it to work). Google Maps and Live Search Mobile work fine. If you have a problem getting the GPS to work:

First, go to Settings-->Personal-->Phone-->Services-->GPS (change settings): Whatever setting, change to the other and click OK. Then, if it isn't on Location On, go back in and set it to that. Soft reset after you're done with settings.

Google Maps should work either on Managed by Windows, or manually to COM 8, baud 57600. Leave it in an open sky location to get your first lock.

Live Search will only work if you have the latest build: Version 2.5.2908.31943 (or newer). The prior version WILL NOT WORK. Set GPS to Intermediate Driver. Takes a short while to lock. Then you're in business!

Correction-- Google Maps works more reliably when GPS is set to COM 8. Windows Live Search Mobile has an even newer version: 4.5.3129.0 There are a number of older versions still hanging around the Internet--most of these won't work with the Omnia's newly flashed GPS. If you're having a problem connecting with Live Search, check the version and upgrade if needed.

Guest key5000
I have windows vista and I am trying to flash my phone and it doesn't detect. I am following the pdf exactly just so that I don't mess my phone up.

Any help? ideas? thanks for even looking at my post.

Try to run it on Windows XP instead of Vista (Vista doesn't work on mine either) but XP does :excl:

Guest happydekind
Verizon is only USA :excl:

Anyway--this is a one way street. There is no backing up current ROM, AFAIK.

help on the umdl-2.3 software i keep getting after i turn on my phone window pop up say WINusb_Initialize

Guest blazingwolf
help on the umdl-2.3 software i keep getting after i turn on my phone window pop up say WINusb_Initialize

Turn off the usb connection to Activesync or WMDC. Whichever you are using.

Guest Solange82200
Correction-- Google Maps works more reliably when GPS is set to COM 8. Windows Live Search Mobile has an even newer version: 4.5.3129.0 There are a number of older versions still hanging around the Internet--most of these won't work with the Omnia's newly flashed GPS. If you're having a problem connecting with Live Search, check the version and upgrade if needed.

When you say Live Search, do you mean using the live search widget that comes on the new ROM? Do I just type in an address in there and it gives me a map? I tried that but I didnt see where it could locate me, it only would give me directions if I typed in my location manually...

Guest blazingwolf
When you say Live Search, do you mean using the live search widget that comes on the new ROM? Do I just type in an address in there and it gives me a map? I tried that but I didnt see where it could locate me, it only would give me directions if I typed in my location manually...

Program that can be downloaded from here: http://mobile.search.live.com/client/download_manual.aspx

Guest krelvinaz

I guess it depends on where you are at and what phase of the moon there is.

When I use COM8 Gmaps, it starts out Initilizing GPS, and normally errors and says it cant find the GPS, When I use Windows Manage, it starts out with Seeking GPS satelights (0)... and eventually finds them.

I've started using BAF GPS Toggle when I know I will need the gps but I don't want to keep Gmaps whatever on It keeps the GPS on so it already has a fix. Screen shot shows it in between the weather and calendar.

post-65252-1239585233_thumb.jpg

Guest armand2099

Hello, I already installed the new Rom and it works great, thx a lot all of you. There is a bunch of guys, just like me that we have a i910 verizon phone, but activated with other companies (some in the US some in México Like me) and we are having problems to conect to EVDO because there are some configurations that do not stick on QPST, as soon as the phone radio is restarted the PPP user data is back to ##########@vrw3g.com, my question here is, can some of the guys working in the custom (Coocked) roms take a look and see if you can help us fixing this?

We really apreciate if you can help us, you can find more information about this issue in the following forum:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...53#post12479653

Guest Lb51oO

Call me a newb.. but looking thru here. I was just wondering if I install this update do I have to hard-reset? If not, can I install this without loosing any settings or contacts and such? Just wondering?

Guest blazingwolf
Call me a newb.. but looking thru here. I was just wondering if I install this update do I have to hard-reset? If not, can I install this without loosing any settings or contacts and such? Just wondering?

It will hard reset your device.

Guest theidoctor.org

it will automatically hard reset it....

but what i would do is do a hard reset so you dont get any mistakes

Guest xPosTech

I used PIM Backup. It did a good job on my contacts.

Ted

PPCPimBackup.exe

Guest Lb51oO
It will hard reset your device.

Ahh, I figured. Whats the easiest way to backup everything? Contacts and etc before applying the upgrade. I sound like a newb lol.. I'm really not, I just haven't messed with the backup stuff that much. Thanks in advance.

Guest xPosTech
I used PIM Backup. It did a good job on my contacts.

Ted

I should add that it will also back up your Calendar, messaging, speed dials, ringtone CID assignment, etc. It backed up my SMS messages, MMS messages and emails.

Since it's an executable, I named a backup folder and put it and the backups on my mSDHC card. It was a simple matter after the update to go to the folder, execute the program and choose how and what to restore.

If you're going to back up emails, make sure you have the email structure recreated first; ie if you back up Gmail, add Gmail back to the phone first, then restore the messages. At least, that's how it worked for me.

Ted

Guest lambi1982

things in the registry have been cleaned up. a few things added a couple things removed.

so nice to finally have some progress on the i910. official release is probably on its way real soon.

still waiting to see a flash adjustment for the camera. WAY TOO BRIGHT :excl:

its great when rumors are true

Guest grem89

can this be done with a mac? I do not have active sync due to compatibility issues with Mac OS. Can this flash only be done with a pc?

thankss

Guest blazingwolf
can this be done with a mac? I do not have active sync due to compatibility issues with Mac OS. Can this flash only be done with a pc?

thankss

Flashing should be done on a PC. You can run windows with bootcamp though and it will work fine.

Guest anthrax79
Settings>Personal>Phone>Services.

Frackin moron me!!! I bet I was on that screen a dozen times and NEVER saw that option. Thanks for the pointer!