New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest missing2
i had that issue too. just change your gps settings to com8 57600 (i think thats it) then soft reset your phone after i did that im getting between 3 to 8 sats. everytime! hope that works!

if that doesnt work you can try installing GPS Toggle. after installing it i always have a lock on 3-6 sats.

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ck-on-the-i910/

Guest missing2

after installing this rom i get this error message at startup, "Cannot Open 'LargeDisplayStart'. A critical component is either missing or cannot start because a program memory is unavailable." did this happen to anybody else?

I just got 2 more except it cant open "DownloadAgent" or "SuperStarter

Edited by missing2

Guest wamsille

Well, I'm back to a stock ROM on another Omnia. It's a funny story, actually. My wife has been having problems with her BlackBerry Storm, since February she has had three separate devices. (The last two within this month) After the 2nd replacement she received was more or less garbage, I repeated the hang up/call again cycle until I got a rep that would hear me out and give me real working solutions. I got another phone sent overnight on Verizon's dime, so I kicked back and celebrating my victory. The chair I was sitting in was too loose and I fell back further in the chair than I thought I would. I kicked over my bottle of Dew and gave my Omnia a good HFCS bath. I let the phone dry out but soda had gotten into the back case and activated the moisture sensitive adhesive.

Obviously I didn't want a bunk phone, so I called in my insurance replacement and I've been rocking a stock phone ever since. I will wait for the official update - I'm finding that the things I liked about the leaked ROM are available as CAB's to add to my current install. This way I can always revert back to a clean install if I need to.

For those that haven't flashed this ROM, don't. When you think about it - having to install 3 different apps to get GPS up and running is kind of stupid when you think about it. It should be unlocked from the beginning, but that's Verizon holding the cards and protecting any potential revenue stream this device can offer. If you don't like the policy, go to another carrier. Navigator may give me strange directions every now and then, but I get a lock and 90% reliable directions to where I need to go, in more places to boot versus Live and Google Maps. Plus, unlike iGo, Navigator had updated streets for my area.

If there was a stock ROM that you could fall back to, I would say go ahead and try it if you want. Without the stock ROM to fall back to - you are voiding your warranty without any way to give the appearance you are legit should you need to get your phone in the store for a quick once over. Others may disagree with me - and that's fine. I want them to - I want them to build the best damn ROM's possible, and eventually when I have no need for a warranty or there is a stock ROM to fall back on I will rejoin the fold.

Guest missing2
Well, I'm back to a stock ROM on another Omnia. It's a funny story, actually. My wife has been having problems with her BlackBerry Storm, since February she has had three separate devices. (The last two within this month) After the 2nd replacement she received was more or less garbage, I repeated the hang up/call again cycle until I got a rep that would hear me out and give me real working solutions. I got another phone sent overnight on Verizon's dime, so I kicked back and celebrating my victory. The chair I was sitting in was too loose and I fell back further in the chair than I thought I would. I kicked over my bottle of Dew and gave my Omnia a good HFCS bath. I let the phone dry out but soda had gotten into the back case and activated the moisture sensitive adhesive.

Obviously I didn't want a bunk phone, so I called in my insurance replacement and I've been rocking a stock phone ever since. I will wait for the official update - I'm finding that the things I liked about the leaked ROM are available as CAB's to add to my current install. This way I can always revert back to a clean install if I need to.

For those that haven't flashed this ROM, don't. When you think about it - having to install 3 different apps to get GPS up and running is kind of stupid when you think about it. It should be unlocked from the beginning, but that's Verizon holding the cards and protecting any potential revenue stream this device can offer. If you don't like the policy, go to another carrier. Navigator may give me strange directions every now and then, but I get a lock and 90% reliable directions to where I need to go, in more places to boot versus Live and Google Maps. Plus, unlike iGo, Navigator had updated streets for my area.

If there was a stock ROM that you could fall back to, I would say go ahead and try it if you want. Without the stock ROM to fall back to - you are voiding your warranty without any way to give the appearance you are legit should you need to get your phone in the store for a quick once over. Others may disagree with me - and that's fine. I want them to - I want them to build the best damn ROM's possible, and eventually when I have no need for a warranty or there is a stock ROM to fall back on I will rejoin the fold.

i agree with you but i dont see why some people need so many apps for gps. rom+googlemaps is all i needed. also my omnia is flashed so i have no warranty to worry about.

Guest Tim-H
i agree with you but i dont see why some people need so many apps for gps. rom+googlemaps is all i needed. also my omnia is flashed so i have no warranty to worry about.

Same here. I didn't install any apps to get the GPS working. Just flashed the rom and it worked. I think people like to make things more complicated than they have to and end up hurting themselves in the process.

I'm not sure why there are so many questions about how to flash. You just follow the PDF instructions. You turn the phone off. load the file onto the UMDL program. Click DETECT. Plug the phone in and turn the phone on and it will do the rest.

Edited by Tim-H

Guest bga7x
I'm not sure why there are so many questions about how to flash. You just follow the PDF instructions. You turn the phone off. load the file onto the UMDL program. Click DETECT. Plug the phone in and turn the phone on and it will do the rest.

In theory.

little things go wrong!! in my case my usb connection was bad. i had to hold it in place until the flash was done!! I had no idea that was the problem cause my phone would sync just fine through active sync!!

Guest F16wannabe
i had that issue too. just change your gps settings to com8 57600 (i think thats it) then soft reset your phone after i did that im getting between 3 to 8 sats. everytime! hope that works!

Yea i have those settings as well, and still it wont recieve any sat's, just says 0. Also tried the other program suggest, GPS Toggle and same thing, no sats

Guest missing2
Yea i have those settings as well, and still it wont recieve any sat's, just says 0. Also tried the other program suggest, GPS Toggle and same thing, no sats

after using gps toggle for a day i found it doesnt work as good as i thought. i had to turn it off then on then try google maps, and do it all over again until it worked. also i have the gps setting in google maps set to Managed by Windows.

Guest milly177

I just flashed this on my i910 and things seem to be running smoothly for the most part. GPS locks in within a few minutes so that's not so bad. I know someone else might have reported problems with this, but it is kinda difficult to comb through this thread. Anyone having problems connecting to their bluetooth headsets? My bluetooth was working but then I did a soft reset and now it can't stay locked to the phone. It will connect for a second then disconnect. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?

Guest Solange82200

After weeks of not getting a single satellite lock, I finally got my gps to work. I did two things, Im not sure which of these are the one that made the difference, so try both.

One, I installed GPSgate. Its free, do a google search for it.

Two, make sure you do the GPS hack that unlocks your gps settings (if you dont know how, ask me). Once you do that, set the GPS Programs Port to COM 4, GPS Hardware Port to None, the Baud Rate to 4800, and make sure the the box is checked for managing the gps automatically.

Once I did those two things, I am able to get a gps lock on both Amaze and Windows Live search everywhere except my job (not sure what the problem is there). But before I literally couldnt get any gps system to work at all.

Guest Solange82200
Same here. I didn't install any apps to get the GPS working. Just flashed the rom and it worked. I think people like to make things more complicated than they have to and end up hurting themselves in the process.

Why is it that everyone seems to think that because GPS works for them, it MUST work for everyone? Do you really think that we are all so stupid, that we can figure out how to flash a phone, but we cant figure out how to change a couple of settings for gps to work? It just doesnt work well in some areas, or requires different settings than what yours does. It really irks me when I read comments where people seem to live in their own little world and cant fathom anything different. I was finally able to get GPS to work by installing gpsgate, and changing my settings to something totally different than most of you guys. That is proof right there that it isnt just that people are stupid, therefore their gps doesnt work. Why the hell would I want to make things more complicated for myself? Ive posted here and all over other forums asking for help on getting the gps working. No one told me to install gpsgate or put the settings to what I did. I figured it out on my own finally.

Guest ChillyCat
Woo Hoo Figured it out i can successfully say +1 no reprogramming or anything!

:D GOOD !!!! :lol:

Very glad to hear ya got it working

So ? What & how'd ya do it ??

[please don't tell me you d/l'd the goober one off the kiddy torrent channel]

Guest ChillyCat
There's a torrent available with everything needed to flash with this rom: http://www.mininova.org/tor/2505559

Dude.............. :D

it's nothing more than a copy of the EXACT same files that have been available here for over a week.

Verizon Samsung Omnia i910 GPS Enable ROM UpdateVerizon

Samsung Omnia i910 GPS Enable ROM Update-Verizon Samsung Omnia i910 ROM Enables GPS

-Increases Phone's Speed

-Several Application ImprovementsFiles:

Samsung_i910_GPS_Unlock.pdf

SamsungUSBDriver_4_40_7_0_v1_6.zip

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img

Flashing phones with files off the kiddy torrent networks = DANGEROUS

Guest bga7x
So ? What & how'd ya do it ??

I found some kid walking down the street i saw that he had a laptop i asked him if he was running XP he said yeah! I then Punched him in the nose took his laptop and Flashed away!!!! :D

ok not really it was a usb connection thing. I had to hold in the usb to my phone for the whole flash. I didnt realize that this was the problem since my phone would sync normally through activesync! But i was reading somewhere in these forums that a guy had a similar issue, so i said what they heck and it worked!!!!!

Guest ChillyCat
ok not really it was a usb connection thing.

Happy for ya.... :D I just knew it wasn't the puter :lol:

Personally, I always use rear USB ports [mounted directly to MOBO] for

peripherals, cause of that kinda stuff. I gotta digi cam that can't even

be seen by the up front USB ports.

Your experience should serve as a reference point to those

using front mounted [assuming you were using the front ones]

Guest ciscokidinsf

For those using the new ROM, is anyone else having trouble with their twitter apps? I've used to have Twobile and it worked fine, post new ROM, NONE of the twitter apps for WM connect to the internet. (Browser and Facebook are OK though) Any ideas?

Guest wamsille

ROM + Google Maps would work if I was in a more developed area, I'm definitely not. Plus, on the road I want something I can truly count on.

Guest bga7x
For those using the new ROM, is anyone else having trouble with their twitter apps? I've used to have Twobile and it worked fine, post new ROM, NONE of the twitter apps for WM connect to the internet. (Browser and Facebook are OK though) Any ideas?

I use Twikini and it works like a champ!!!! try it out

Twikini.cab

Edited by bga7x

Guest paradizelost
After weeks of not getting a single satellite lock, I finally got my gps to work. I did two things, Im not sure which of these are the one that made the difference, so try both.

One, I installed GPSgate. Its free, do a google search for it.

Two, make sure you do the GPS hack that unlocks your gps settings (if you dont know how, ask me). Once you do that, set the GPS Programs Port to COM 4, GPS Hardware Port to None, the Baud Rate to 4800, and make sure the the box is checked for managing the gps automatically.

Once I did those two things, I am able to get a gps lock on both Amaze and Windows Live search everywhere except my job (not sure what the problem is there). But before I literally couldnt get any gps system to work at all.

Dude, if you had to use gpsgate you must not have done the firmware update. It is not necessary. I updated firmware, installed Google Maps, and everything worked right away.

Guest paradizelost

Again, if it didn't work for you, you didn't do something right. Flash the rom, install your choice of mapping app that does gps, and it works. There is no reason to install 3 apps to get gps going. Also, VZNavigator doesn't work without a data connection. Google Maps will cache map information so you can go for a while without it. This may not be a big thing for some of you, but where i live, there's a lot of area with no coverage, which is why i said screw vznav because i can't use it half the time.

Guest dreadylock

hey i flashed one week ago got gps to work but only in some locations that have cell towers close by

another thing before the flash i was getting a device.exe error after the flash i have no problems

since i don't have bluetooth can't test but will be buying one next month for bday

i really can't see why so many people have problem with flashing this is my first flash ever and it went like described on the web page and the pdf i used winxp machine.

i just have a problem with web browsers installed like opera everything is so small. ie stays in full page mode can't access menu \

but this was the same before i flashed to new rom

this week i will try skyfire and see.

Few questions about this ROM:

1.) Is there a way to flash it back to the stock ROM if I need to?

2.) How do I take a dump of the stock ROM before I flash to this one?

3.) What are my backup options in terms of software/ROM backups? (currently using SPB Backup)

4.) Has SPB 3.0 been confirmed working on this ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Omega Ra
Few questions about this ROM:

1.) Is there a way to flash it back to the stock ROM if I need to?

2.) How do I take a dump of the stock ROM before I flash to this one?

3.) What are my backup options in terms of software/ROM backups? (currently using SPB Backup)

4.) Has SPB 3.0 been confirmed working on this ROM?

Thanks in advance.

1. As of right now, I don't think so, but I could be wrong

2. dont know

3. SPB works great, another one is Resco

4. Yes SPB MS3 works fine, I am using it myself.

Guest Solange82200
Dude, if you had to use gpsgate you must not have done the firmware update. It is not necessary. I updated firmware, installed Google Maps, and everything worked right away.

Are you retarded? Do you think Im lying about having flashed my phone? Why do you think that because something worked for you it works for everyone? Dont be an idiot please

Again, if it didn't work for you, you didn't do something right. Flash the rom, install your choice of mapping app that does gps, and it works. There is no reason to install 3 apps to get gps going. Also, VZNavigator doesn't work without a data connection. Google Maps will cache map information so you can go for a while without it. This may not be a big thing for some of you, but where i live, there's a lot of area with no coverage, which is why i said screw vznav because i can't use it half the time.

What the hell are you talking about? Vznav worked for me just fine! You must have been doing something wrong. Maybe you don't know how to turn your phone on?

Edited by Solange82200