New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest theidoctor.org
I have followed the pdf installation manual EXACTLY and I get the following message after my PDA gets detected:

Eboot does not support DPRAM downloader. Download aborted.

Is there a work-around for this issue? Also, in the UMDL_Omnia_v2.3, first line: Select a platform:

- when I select SCH-i910 || (WM6.1)[DPRAM], I get the error above.

- when I select SCH-i910 || (WM6.1), the process actually starts but gets stuck at downloading EBOOT

Does anyone know the difference between the two platforms? Also, is there a fix for the Eboot does not support DPRAM downloader issue?

Thanks!

i had that problem with my first bricked omnia...

is this your first flash and did you hard reset?

i would try it on a different pc but be prepared to take it back to verizon.... is the phone able to turn on still?

Edited by theidoctor.org

Guest theidoctor.org
Surprised it lasted as long as it did.

yea really!!!!

well, there is a new link from my website and i think i got it all uploaded so hopefully it will get around to people who need it.

Guest wolverinepur

If anyone could put a link for the firmware somewhere again that would be great. Also if anyone happens to have the CDMA driver they could send to me that would be fantastic too. Whoever can do all this will be my hero forever and I will gladly give you my 80th born daughter.

Guest theidoctor.org
If anyone could put a link for the firmware somewhere again that would be great. Also if anyone happens to have the CDMA driver they could send to me that would be fantastic too. Whoever can do all this will be my hero forever and I will gladly give you my 80th born daughter.

http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html

Guest turboady
i had that problem with my first bricked omnia...

is this your first flash and did you hard reset?

i would try it on a different pc but be prepared to take it back to verizon.... is the phone able to turn on still?

This was my 1st flash and I did hard reset it after the flash froze.

I knew Verizon would bitch me out for trying to flash a new ROM so I flashed again but this time I pulled the plug in the middle of it. The root registry got all corrupted LMAO but that was what I had to do to get the phone to freeze on the initial splash screen. When I went to Verizon, I just played stupid and they gave me a brand new phone. Suckers! It was a hassle though!!!

Guest madhtr13

@idoctor- thanks! Finished downloading the file last night, and am seeding it for others. I think it took close to an hour after I got a good connection.

Now the fun starts :D

Guest paradizelost
Anyone know if the official ROM will be similar to the unofficial ROM?

I'm kindof under the assumption that the update will be winmo 6.5 rather than 6.1 due to the timing of the expected release.

Guest EDI_Grandpa
Has anyone noticed a difference in battery performance with the new ROM?

My experience is better battery management and performance.

Guest Neviragin

Hey guys, Ive been following this thread for awhile and I finally flashed my phone last night and it works wonderfully now, I love the new functions. However, my gps still doesnt function. im wondering if there is a registry i need to edit or something. or perhaps i just didnt let google maps sit for long enough, at one point it looked like it was connecting.. because it said "seeking gps satellites (*string of numbers*) but then the string of numbers went back to 0. I found the registry setting for turning on the external GPS menu so i atleast have that again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :D

Guest theidoctor.org

thank you guys for helping me out with the file lol... it took me a good 3 hours to upload 108 megabytes with 3g lol....

Guest Solange82200
Hey guys, Ive been following this thread for awhile and I finally flashed my phone last night and it works wonderfully now, I love the new functions. However, my gps still doesnt function. im wondering if there is a registry i need to edit or something. or perhaps i just didnt let google maps sit for long enough, at one point it looked like it was connecting.. because it said "seeking gps satellites (*string of numbers*) but then the string of numbers went back to 0. I found the registry setting for turning on the external GPS menu so i atleast have that again. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance! :D

Look back a couple of pages in this thread for one of my posts. I was having the same problem as you, and was able to find a fix. However, with the fix I cant use Google maps, because of the different COM and Baud rate I had to use. Let me know if you have trouble finding my post, but I explained everything there

Guest theidoctor.org

it also does take a while for it to get the gps, and you can search for a temporary agps fix with gps toggle or something like that

Guest Coxy1214
OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest :D .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

Megaupload link for new Firmware

What about doing all of this through a Mac??? Please don't tell me I'm out of luck!!!

Guest theidoctor.org
What about doing all of this through a Mac??? Please don't tell me I'm out of luck!!!

you have yo use windows... you can use vmware or install windows on a seperate partition

And no your not out of luck. there are a million more pc's in the world than macs... im sure you would not have a hard time finding a pc to do this on.

Guest Neviragin
Look back a couple of pages in this thread for one of my posts. I was having the same problem as you, and was able to find a fix. However, with the fix I cant use Google maps, because of the different COM and Baud rate I had to use. Let me know if you have trouble finding my post, but I explained everything there

cool I think i got it working ok. What should i put as the settings for windows live? com 4? does the output need to be changed on gpsgate?

Guest blackie9900

hey do u think someone can rehost the file? my school does not allow torrent downloads... please and thanks!

Guest Solange82200
cool I think i got it working ok. What should i put as the settings for windows live? com 4? does the output need to be changed on gpsgate?

On gpsgate, I dont think i changed the output. Just made sure it was on com 4. I got Windows Live to work by putting my External GPS settings (in my phone, not Windows Live) to Com 4, Baud 4800. those settings also allow me to use Amaze, a really cool free GPS program. Good luck!

Guest Neviragin
On gpsgate, I dont think i changed the output. Just made sure it was on com 4. I got Windows Live to work by putting my External GPS settings (in my phone, not Windows Live) to Com 4, Baud 4800. those settings also allow me to use Amaze, a really cool free GPS program. Good luck!

Fantastic! its working just fine. and I have to say.. even though i prefer google maps and windows live functions.. that Amaze program is pretty darn awesome. thanks for suggesting it!