New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest krelvinaz
I'm kindof under the assumption that the update will be winmo 6.5 rather than 6.1 due to the timing of the expected release.

I highly doubt it.

Guest theidoctor.org
hey do u think someone can rehost the file? my school does not allow torrent downloads... please and thanks!

i may be able to do a file transfer with you,

Guest blackie9900
i may be able to do a file transfer with you,

tnx.. i went off campuis to a buddys apartment to get it hehe

Guest hockeydad1

Good Day,

Before I give this a try I need to ask a question. I ran the UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3 program and in one of the first few steps it asks for the location of the image file. Where do I go to find that .img file? It is not in the folder that was created when I expanded the download. Only the program itself is in that folder.

I'm very sorry for what may seem like a very stupid question.

Thanks for any and all help,

Hockeydad (go red wings)

Guest krelvinaz
I ran the UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3 program and in one of the first few steps it asks for the location of the image file. Where do I go to find that .img file? It is not in the folder that was created when I expanded the download. Only the program itself is in that folder.

Assuming you followed the instructions, you will have downloaded 2 files.

One is the program you are running and the other is the img file you are looking for. So the file you are looking for is the img file you downloaded and you would be the one that knows where you saved it.

A 3rd possible file is if you don't already have the cdma drivers, but if you loaded the phones software when you got the phone, you most likely already have that.

Guest nikita13warrior

Need some help:

I flashed following idoctor's instructions, it went fine, thanks idoctor. I changed the GPS into location "on", then I flashed WoZZeR's WM6.5 (21210) i910 Cooked rom and changed it again into location "on". Now i'd like to know where si the "external GPS" settings everyone is talking about, I don't have such a shortcut or icon. Please help

Guest theidoctor.org
I followed the instructions, but don't have any "external GPS" icon in the menu. Please help

i think those are registry hacks

Guest oraclegustavo
OK, guys, I am finally resorting to your help on this one as I have not seen anybody else with this issue. I can't seem to get the Omnia to even get recognized by the intaller pack. I have put deactivated USB in ActiveSync, changed USB connection on the Omnia to mass storage, and when I click "detect" in the installer it gives four lines of "usbdev open failed" and then a final line of "PDA device not found". I have had these same results on 2 separate PCs both running XP. Now, I did switch the Omnia back to "ActiveSync" mode instead of "mass storage" mode and the installer just sits there when I click "detect" and doesn't do anything. I have made sure all the correct drivers are installed and I have rebooted both the PCs and the Omnia several times.

Any insight?

Thanks

I also keep getting the same thing. I have flashed various phones before so I'm not a novice at this by any means. I tried it on two Vista computers, one 32bit and 64bit. I have exactly what was in the steps but nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Guest krelvinaz
I followed the instructions, but don't have any "external GPS" icon in the menu. Please help

You don't need the "External" GPS icon to use the Internal GPS.

Guest blackie9900

ive flashed this rom, then went and flashed WoZZeR's WM6.5. then i went and set the gps from 911 to location. is there anything else i need to do to get google maps to work? (or even connect to the satellite?)

Guest missing2
ive flashed this rom, then went and flashed WoZZeR's WM6.5. then i went and set the gps from 911 to location. is there anything else i need to do to get google maps to work? (or even connect to the satellite?)

thats all it took for me. and in google maps i have gps set to managed by windows. i can take a few minutes sometimes but it works.

and of course make sure you have an internet connection. needs it to load the maps.

Edited by missing2

Guest oraclegustavo
I also keep getting the same thing. I have flashed various phones before so I'm not a novice at this by any means. I tried it on two Vista computers, one 32bit and 64bit. I have exactly what was in the steps but nothing happens. Anyone have any ideas on this?

anyone?

Guest oraclegustavo
we need more details....

Ok. I went through the thread and found people with the exact same problem and no one was able to find a solution. Like I said I tried to flash with two vista computers. One is 64 bit and the other 32 bit. I did a hard reset on the phone just follow the directions to the T. I have disabled the allow usb connections in the WMDC on both computers. I changed the phone to mass storage and also tried it with activesync left on on the phone. I have the phone completely turned off and remove the battery for good measure. The cable is plugged into a USB 2.0 port. I open the Samsung Omnia UMDL, Select Unified Image File (*img), then push detect. I get no errors when it loads the image. Plug in the phone, still turned off, and then turn it on. Both ways nothing happens most of the time and all I get is the big battery ticks, looks like its charging the battery and the screen shuts off after a couple seconds. Nothing gets detected in the UMDL and I close the umdl, unplug the phone and just boots up like normal. Every now and again I get the following (very rarely)

Rvalue null.. ack recive Faile

PDA Device not found.

PDA Device not found.

I comes up with the black omnia screen when it does that but then it does nothing else. I close the UMDL and then uplug the phone and it just boots back up. I have installed the usb modem drivers. I tried the ones off the verizon cd, when I didnt work I unstalled them and restarted. Then I installed the ones on your site and the same thing, nothing. Just for the heck of it I even tried to run the UMDL in windows XP compatibility mode and still nothing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Edited by oraclegustavo

Guest metalzoic

It seems that the link to the firmware in the 1st post has been removed. The other link in this thread is a torrent download which I don't want to risk. Anyone have another straight download link I can get it from?

Thanks!

Guest Solange82200
You don't need the "External" GPS icon to use the Internal GPS.

However, if you are having problems getting any satellite connections, I recommend that you unlock it and try changing around the BAUD and COM settings, as well as trying other gps programs other than Google maps.

Guest oraclegustavo
Ok. I went through the thread and found people with the exact same problem and no one was able to find a solution. Like I said I tried to flash with two vista computers. One is 64 bit and the other 32 bit. I did a hard reset on the phone just follow the directions to the T. I have disabled the allow usb connections in the WMDC on both computers. I changed the phone to mass storage and also tried it with activesync left on on the phone. I have the phone completely turned off and remove the battery for good measure. The cable is plugged into a USB 2.0 port. I open the Samsung Omnia UMDL, Select Unified Image File (*img), then push detect. I get no errors when it loads the image. Plug in the phone, still turned off, and then turn it on. Both ways nothing happens most of the time and all I get is the big battery ticks, looks like its charging the battery and the screen shuts off after a couple seconds. Nothing gets detected in the UMDL and I close the umdl, unplug the phone and just boots up like normal. Every now and again I get the following (very rarely)

PDA Device not found.

PDA Device not found.

I comes up with the black omnia screen when it does that but then it does nothing else. I close the UMDL and then uplug the phone and it just boots back up. I have installed the usb modem drivers. I tried the ones off the verizon cd, when I didnt work I unstalled them and restarted. Then I installed the ones on your site and the same thing, nothing. Just for the heck of it I even tried to run the UMDL in windows XP compatibility mode and still nothing. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

anyone?

Guest theidoctor.org
anyone?

ummm... im pretty sure active sync is supposed to be off on the phone... make sure it doesnt show up in the task manager.

also make sure that your computer is able to connect to it and that the usb cable is not bad....

a bad connection may be the culprit, but im not too sure

Edited by theidoctor.org

Guest oraclegustavo
ummm... im pretty sure active sync is supposed to be off on the phone... make sure it doesnt show up in the task manager.

also make sure that your computer is able to connect to it and that the usb cable is not bad....

a bad connection may be the culprit, but im not too sure

I meant that I tried doing the update with the activesync option on the usb connection setting on the phone on instead of the mass storage being on. But let me be clear that I also tried doing the update with the phone set to mass storage. The computer is able to connect to it and sync on both computers when I have the allow usb connection on in the WMDC. I even switched the usb data connection setting to "As the modem through USB" and both the computers both connect to the phone. FYI I only did this as the modem through usb setting after trying multiple times not using this setting. I also have a spare USB cable that I bought for work and with neither cable does it work. Both cables are Samsung OEM cables.

Edited by oraclegustavo

Guest theidoctor.org
I meant that I tried doing the update with the activesync option on the usb connection setting on the phone on instead of the mass storage being on. But let me be clear that I also tried doing the update with the phone set to mass storage. The computer is able to connect to it and sync on both computers when I have the allow usb connection on in the WMDC. I even switched the usb data connection setting to "As the modem through USB" and both the computers both connect to the phone. FYI I only did this as the modem through usb setting after trying multiple times not using this setting. I also have a spare USB cable that I bought for work and with neither cable does it work. Both cables are Samsung OEM cables.

hmmm... i dont have a clue.....

all you really need is the umdl and the rom....

you can possibly try it with a different rom....

it sounds like you are doing it right... you shouldnt use the activesync option at all...

Guest theidoctor.org

also, are you making sure that your actually powering your phone OFF and not just the screen? You have to hold the power button until the verizon logo appears and its off... and then follow the steps....

also, try resetting the omnia a couple times