New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest Chugworth

Those of you who have gotten the GPS working, did you have to do anything besides flash the new firmware with the instructions in the PDF file?

Also, can anyone who has successfully updated their Omnia confirm that the following MD5SUM is correct:

664555509f821556775dc6f9222f4502 *i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img

Guest M Moogle
Those of you who have gotten the GPS working, did you have to do anything besides flash the new firmware with the instructions in the PDF file?

Also, can anyone who has successfully updated their Omnia confirm that the following MD5SUM is correct:

Thats the MD5 I get too. I haven't flashed yet.

Guest Adrynalyne

PDF method will work to unlock. There is no magic, its just unlocked.

Guest Chugworth
PDF method will work to unlock. There is no magic, its just unlocked.

Well wait a minute now, when this firmware first came out, why were people saying that the GPS was still locked? Has something changed on Verizon's side?

Guest ECRodent

Dumb question....

Do I lose all settings/history when I do this update? Sorry havent updated anything like this in over a year and my head is fried atm :excl:

Guest Chugworth
Well wait a minute now, when this firmware first came out, why were people saying that the GPS was still locked? Has something changed on Verizon's side?

And one other thing... Has anyone tried flashing the firmware through Windows Vista or Windows 7? Right now I don't have any XP machines, and I would hate to have to temporairally downgrade one.

Guest Adrynalyne
And one other thing... Has anyone tried flashing the firmware through Windows Vista or Windows 7? Right now I don't have any XP machines, and I would hate to have to temporairally downgrade one.

I did it via Vista.

Guest somedude

I still dont get it. I was following all of this last night, and everyone said the gps didnt work.

Now everyone says it works all of a sudden....Whats going on?

Guest jhickey
I still dont get it. I was following all of this last night, and everyone said the gps didnt work.

I'm not sure. :excl: It still isn't working for me.

Guest AngusATAT

Progress... and some very smart, dedicated people.

Guest jhickey

Alright, now it miraculously is working for me...but with "Managed by Windows" in My Location settings. I tried that once before, and it didn't work, so I'm at a loss.

Guest BamDastard

worked for me after setting location to on in phone settings and soft reset. Got a GPS warning and now its working fine. Confirmed with GarminXT and GMaps

Guest smilepak

I took a dive! WeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Okay did the upgrade. Not too shabby. It has "WEATHERBUG"!!!! LoL! Which is cool!!! I like the new layout when selecting volume setting, that is nice! The Tool icon on the tool bar allows you to remove widget, that is nice.

It also comes with Windows Live,

Overall system space, i think it took less space.

It also comes with Easy Setting...good step forward on the functionality. Would be nice if Calendar shows appointments.

Edited by smilepak

Guest Rooster Misfit

is this an official release? liek is this coming from samsung and verizon? if so shouldnt i be able to take this to the verizon shop and they install it all for me?

and does this get rid of all of my stuff? like apps and pictures?...

Guest Chugworth

Well I have successfully flashed my phone through Windows 7. No additional drivers were necessary. The default ones received through Windows Update worked fine. Just uncheck "Allow USB connections" in the Windows Mobile Device Center settings, and then follow the flash procedure.

I then enabled the GPS location setting and installed Google Maps. GPS worked after I configured Google Maps to use COM8/57600.

Guest pazatat2
is this an official release? liek is this coming from samsung and verizon? if so shouldnt i be able to take this to the verizon shop and they install it all for me?

no not official, no they wont be able to, yes; so back up all your crap like that

Guest Omega Ra

no this isn't directly from Verizon or Samsung...so DO NOT go there asking for it. But now that it is leaked they might release it soon.

Guest Saluki HHI

Ok I am a novice and nervous about flashing my ROM had my phone 3 weeks and tweeked it pretty well, my dilemma should I wait for official release or is it worth it to take the dive early. I am pumped about GPS and new widgets never used them out of the box. I guess i'm just wanting someone to tell me it is worth it or no the official will be out this week.

Guest blazingwolf
Ok I am a novice and nervous about flashing my ROM had my phone 3 weeks and tweeked it pretty well, my dilemma should I wait for official release or is it worth it to take the dive early. I am pumped about GPS and new widgets never used them out of the box. I guess i'm just wanting someone to tell me it is worth it or no the official will be out this week.

No one knows when this will be released officially. If you are worried about it then don't install it and wait for VZW to release it. The directions are easy to follow though so I doubt you would have trouble.

Guest blazingwolf

A seriously bad idea. I think you might want to wait for VZW to release.

Guest amazingashton
Nothing terribly exciting.

I did it via Vista.

out of curiosity what program are you using to achieve that pure black theme?