usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

make sure your phone is powered off... you have to hold the power button until the verizon logo appears and its actually off.... when you connect it to the computer, hit detect and then power on the device...

Guest bunghol101
new firmware is found at http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html

thanks, I flashed my phone with your directions last month and it worked perfectly :D but it died after I flashed a cooked rom :lol: I was just hoping to get the original rom to revert back to if i need to in the future

Edited by bunghol101

Guest madhtr13
Yeah I set it to mass storage...

I keep getting this error:

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

Do you also have the connect by USB unchecked in ActiveSyne/ Mobile Center? Oh, and also make sure you have the USB Modem driver installed from the VZAccess cd. That was my problem with the phone ROM. Am going to reflash tonight.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else. Maybe make sure you have USB 2.0.

Guest jpenman
I had this same issue when I first flashed my rom. Just make sure the username and password box is empty and try connecting again. If that doesn't work try going to the connections and make sure the Broadband is still dialing to #777.

That didnt work either....I don't know whats wrong with it

Guest jpenman
Not sure if you got connected but I just checked the "My ISP" connection and there is indeed a user ID and password. Sorry for the misinformation...

The user ID is "your 10-digit phone#@vzw3g.com". The password is masked however it could be the same as the user ID only without the ".com" at the end.

Maybe try that...

Nope nothing :D No matter what i do it just says wrong username or password even though they are right. I dont know....I think the previous owner did something.

Guest Nomad76
Nope nothing :D No matter what i do it just says wrong username or password even though they are right. I dont know....I think the previous owner did something.

Just my two cents. The last time I had to do this setting with verizon on the phone, they told me to try vzw or verizon (at least if memory serves me correct).

Guest Draconius

I am going to be flashing real soon and I wanted to make sure on a few things.

I am running Vista so I don't have Activesync 4.5 In Windows Mobile Device Center under settings it should look like this right?

p4fhbbtc8y09aiorll.jpg

Then should I have DPRAM or non DPRAM in the UMDL?

Load the image into UMDL

Hit detect, plug phone in, turn phone on, UMDL does it's thing and the phone re-boots.

Should I do anything before the wozzers (obviously hold off on installing anything or putting data in like contacts, etc...) like make sure GPS is working?

Then I am all done and can then install wozzers 6.5 correct?

Much thanks to all!!!

Guest jpenman
Just my two cents. The last time I had to do this setting with verizon on the phone, they told me to try vzw or verizon (at least if memory serves me correct).

They keep telling me its vzw but nothing. I think its just the phone.

Guest Chapster

Username: yourphone#@vzw3g.com

Password:vzw

Is this what your looking for?

Guest plecosword
Do you also have the connect by USB unchecked in ActiveSyne/ Mobile Center? Oh, and also make sure you have the USB Modem driver installed from the VZAccess cd. That was my problem with the phone ROM. Am going to reflash tonight.

Other than that, I can't think of anything else. Maybe make sure you have USB 2.0.

SO i did do everything right, an yeah i did turn off the phone all the way. windows installed the driver automatically, i will see if installing it manually works. its probably different. ill do it right now.

Guest usaf_gunner
SO i did do everything right, an yeah i did turn off the phone all the way. windows installed the driver automatically, i will see if installing it manually works. its probably different. ill do it right now.

Did you hard reset your phone before trying to update to the ROM? Worth a try since your wiping it all out anyways. I really dont know of anything else to suggest. Do you have a good USB cable?

Guest plecosword

the driver is not the Issue either. my brother has the same phone, he said he wants me to do it when he is finish with his contact sync. I bet its my phone.

Edited by plecosword

Guest mikeypop

I just wanted you all to know that have worked so hard. I was scared to try this new rom for fear of messing up my phone but I went ahead and did it with a vista computer and it rocks. I am very pleased and thankful for all the hard work you all have done. Now if you could get the Sprint nascar scanner to work on this phone it woyld be the greatest. Thanks to all, :D Mikeypop

Guest plecosword
Did you hard reset your phone before trying to update to the ROM? Worth a try since your wiping it all out anyways. I really dont know of anything else to suggest. Do you have a good USB cable?

I made 3 hard resets. and I have 2 usb cables, im sure thats not teh deal. I got the same error using that.

Guest plecosword

Good news and bad news, his phone came up with the same error as mine, so that measn my phone is fine! So it must be the computer. For those of you who ran this on vista, what did you selcect/deselect on the connection settings at mobile device center? If its the OS, im going to go back to win xp on the win 7 rc computer jsut to udate this. Im also going to re downlaod all the files, maybe the image is a bit corrupt.

Does the (0) devices detected mean anything to you guys?

post-536995-1242353745_thumb.jpg

Guest madhtr13

To me it looks like you still have the allow connections through USB checked. That should be the only thing you have to worry about in there. I will admit, though, I did this on XP on my netbook. Others have used Vista and Win 7 successfully, though. I would (in case you haven't) restart from the begining. Re-download all the files (best place is idoctor's site), double check the driver version of the USB modem (I think it's 4.40.7 v. 1.6) and hard reset your phone. Then go into it and select mass storage connect under usb to computer connection. Then follow the PDF steps. Also, make sure you have no other programs open when you are attempting this and try to unplug all unnecessary usb devices. That should cover you on everything short of also trying XP.

Guest madhtr13

I have finally achieved success! :D

My issue was not having the USB modem driver installed, so it wouldn't update the phone ROM. I also discovered that if you do not have the VZAccess cd handy, if you attach you phone via usb to you pc like you are going to tether, your phone will automatically install the modem driver. So that's good news for those who do not have the cd.

Now I just need to get the GPS going. Couldn't get a lock tonight, but it is raining pretty bad here outside of Philly. Will try again when the weather clears up. I also did an SPB restore before I tried. So, don't know if that would affect it, but I'll hard reset if I still have issues and report back.

Guest Draconius

I noticed also, because I hard reset my phone before flashing and when I plugged in my phone after detect it did nothing except vista Found Hardware. Closed UMDL, shut my phone off, opened it back up, plugged in and success! Make sure your computer has "installed" your phone before anything because otherwise the computer doesn't know what to do with it.

Guest DirtySanchez
Good news and bad news, his phone came up with the same error as mine, so that measn my phone is fine! So it must be the computer. For those of you who ran this on vista, what did you selcect/deselect on the connection settings at mobile device center? If its the OS, im going to go back to win xp on the win 7 rc computer jsut to udate this. Im also going to re downlaod all the files, maybe the image is a bit corrupt.

U didn't uncheck the usb connections if the usb connections is checked it will do that every time. its the same in win XP Pro, Vista Ult, & Win 7 beta & RC so uncheck the usb in the active sync or win moble device center (Vista & Win 7) settings and try the steps again. where the check box is, is diffrent on each so u have to look for it.

Guest jcortes

HERE is how to get it to work.

- As stated before uncheck allow USB Connections in Mobile Device Center then close Mobile Device Center you wont need it anymore.

- Turn off the phone completely by holding down the standby button till the phone turns off.

- Start UMDL add the image file, I'm assuming you know how to do this and you are just encountering problems

- Now with the phone STILL DISCONNECTED press DETECT in UMDL

- Plug the phone in with the USB Cord and THEN turn it on when it is connected.

- This is how to get it to work in vista and win 7 haven't tried this method in XP but I'm assuming it would.

Edited by jcortes

Guest theidoctor.org
HERE is how to get it to work.

- As stated before uncheck allow USB Connections in Mobile Device Center then close Mobile Device Center you wont need it anymore.

- Turn off the phone completely by holding down the standby button till the phone turns off.

- Start UMDL add the image file, I'm assuming you know how to do this and you are just encountering problems

- Now with the phone STILL DISCONNECTED press DETECT in UMDL

- Plug the phone in with the USB Cord and THEN turn it on when it is connected.

- This is how to get it to work in vista and win 7 haven't tried this method in XP but I'm assuming it would.

yeap thats right.. the only thing different in xp is that you go into the active sync to do the first step