New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest plecosword

OMG OMG OM! it worked! finally! haha, it was the file!?!? I re downloaded the UMDL, and because the installation of windows xp went wrong on the other pc, I jsut had to try thsi one more time on the vista but with the new file. Tahnsk you guys for the Help!

Guest macs53
OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest :D .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

Megaupload link for new Firmware

Guest theidoctor.org
You might need to tattoo the web site somewhere :D

lol yea... some people just need to update the front page, and im sure its written in about 100 places on this forum

Guest madhtr13
OMG OMG OM! it worked! finally! haha, it was the file!?!? I re downloaded the UMDL, and because the installation of windows xp went wrong on the other pc, I jsut had to try thsi one more time on the vista but with the new file. Tahnsk you guys for the Help!

Awesome! I finally got my GPS working yestersday too.

Guest trexflyer

Another successful flash w/ gps working. Google maps picked up 7 sats indoors in about 15 seconds, truly awesome. Gotta love spb backup as well. Saved me hours of reinstalling all my apps after the flash <_<

Guest squid88

Ok, successfully flash my phone on Friday...YES! But I was not able to get a GPS lock using google maps..I changed my settings to COM8/567000 and nothing, just sits there searching. But another weird thing is happening...now Google maps will not load. Just sits there with the Windows icon spinning then it says something about the Certificate is not valid. Tried to remove Google maps but it times out and then my phone freezes, can't even turn off the phone I have to remove the battery to get it to reset. Any thoughts?

Guest Illusiveman
You're not the only one with a brick. <_< Same exact thing (including symptoms) happened to me. Let me know what you tell the staff at the verizon store and if it works. I'm sending my wife to see if we can get it replaced.

One thing is certain...I'm not going to buy another Omnia at full price. I bricked my phone in an attempt to get back the functionality that Verizon took away (GPS). I'll be damned if I will pay for another phone. I'll buy an iPhone first before paying Verizon another cent.

Argh!!!!

My phone is bricked too The DPRAM thing foe me as well. :)

Guest plecosword

How is the GPS working for everyone? I ask because it is not very reliable. Both my brother's phone and mine don't work until we resit google maps(sometimes) or when we enable and disable GPS feature repetedly.

Guest theidoctor.org
How is the GPS working for everyone? I ask because it is not very reliable. Both my brother's phone and mine don't work until we resit google maps(sometimes) or when we enable and disable GPS feature repetedly.

works, but not well... mine always takes too long and sometimes gets lost... but it does work

Guest plecosword
so am I going to lose all my contacts and stuff if I do this flash?

Yeah, but I typed them manully into contacts at hotmail, then installed windows live. It will syncronize all the contacts, so if anything happens to your hpone, it will be backed on your hotmail. also when you add a contact, you can chose if it will be a windows live contact or an outlook contact. I ahve never used outlook...

Guest noylekul
Yeah, but I typed them manully into contacts at hotmail, then installed windows live. It will syncronize all the contacts, so if anything happens to your hpone, it will be backed on your hotmail. also when you add a contact, you can chose if it will be a windows live contact or an outlook contact. I ahve never used outlook...

Windows live like for the omnia? I haven't been able to sync with outlook for some reason, just hasn't worked...

Guest Nomad76
Windows live like for the omnia? I haven't been able to sync with outlook for some reason, just hasn't worked...

I sync with outlook on the omnia just fine....AT one point I was having a problem dropping sync, I installed a usb 2.0 pci card into my pc, and never had a problem sense.

sync is definitely easier than retyping all of your contacts...wew.

If my memory serves me correct, they have a program called pim backup over at xda that will do the job. Its free. But I dont know if it will work for the omnia. You can also use spb backup too. You can selectively choose what you want to restore, i.e. only the contacts. It comes in handy for when you're on the road and get the urger to hard reset.

Here is a link to Pim Backup. It worked on My T-Mo Wing....Might work on the Omnia too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705

Edited by Nomad76

Guest noylekul
I sync with outlook on the omnia just fine....AT one point I was having a problem dropping sync, I installed a usb 2.0 pci card into my pc, and never had a problem sense.

sync is definitely easier than retyping all of your contacts...wew.

If my memory serves me correct, they have a program called pim backup over at xda that will do the job. Its free. But I dont know if it will work for the omnia. You can also use spb backup too. You can selectively choose what you want to restore, i.e. only the contacts. It comes in handy for when you're on the road and get the urger to hard reset.

Here is a link to Pim Backup. It worked on My T-Mo Wing....Might work on the Omnia too.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=299705

So Outlook as in Outlook express or like full out Office Outlook?

I can't get my activesync to connect to outlook on my computer

Edited by noylekul

Guest Hey_Its_Pate

Hey all, First time poster, and long time lurker here... <_<

Thanks for all your work guys!~ Its much apprechated!

Edited by Hey_Its_Pate

Guest A Feral Duck

Hi!

The GPS seems to work pretty well with this rom, but I've noticed a few odds and ends (probably part of why this ROM wasn't officially released) regarding the GPS and was wondering if anyone else has noticed similar effects.

Basically, I flashed the phone last week. GPS worked great. Installed verizon's wsync to see if that would do a good job keeping my e-mail in order. I probably should have known better than doing that, you can insert your own metaphor here. GPS couldn't lock, even in the middle of the dog park, data calls wouldn't stay connected more then 15 seconds, other apps crashed, and my 16 gig microsd card suddenly went from having 25 megs of stuff on it to aving 10 gigs of stuff in use though no more files then there were before (and my data usages is 9.99 gigs short of having moved that much data. Uninstalling it harkend back to the dark days of RealPlayer and left the phone even more broken.

Hard reset.

GPS works again after about 5 minutes to get a lock.

So thismorning I'm walking to the office and the gps lock problems are back. I start digging through the options and low and behold, Start->settings->connections->USB to PC has the enable advanced network functionality has becomed checked, likely automagically when I last plugged the phone into the PC. I uncheck it and google maps has a lock in onder 20 seconds. No idea why that would matter for the GPS, but again, this is beta afterall.

I still have to test one more part of the equation tonight, tethering the phone to the pc as a modem, but for those of you having trouble with the GPS lock it might be worth trying a toggle on that setting (as well as settings->system->data connection being set to "internal call" when you want GPS capabilities.... I've been taking that one back and forth too and haven't tested the two settings exclusively)

Anyone else notice these problems? Or have GPS improvements via those two settings? I can't quite wrap my head around why that works, but would be curious to see if anyone else has luck with that.

Guest To_The_Max

newbie with problem/question.

I downloaded and opened UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3 (I see the page where you select a platform, pda, phone, Unified image file, ect.)

I ONLY hit the unified image file (*img) button, which went directly to my downloaded i910WM6.1.REV10.cc20.VZW.img file.

Hit the i910WM6.1.REV10.cc20.VZW.img file and the file uploads into the PDA-EBOOT space next to the button, PDA-PDA space next to that button, PDA-CSC space next to that button, and the PHONE-PHONE space next to that button

in the Unified Image File (*.img) box, the file is there also and there is a blue strip that light up.

So far I think everything is going ok.

I press DETECT button, connect my phone (which was turned off) to USB port, and then turn on my phone.

Now comes my problem. In the Downloading Log, I get this response:

usbDev open faile

usbDev open faile

usbDev open faile

usbDev open faile

PDA Device not found.

Please, someone tell me what am I doing wrong.

Prior to all this, the phone was hard reset, USB drivers downloaded, host computer restarted, Active sync set to NO USB CONNECTIONS, and Phone connections to MASS STORAGE.

I have tried this on both of my VISTA and XP computers with the same results (both utilizing 2.0 usb ports).

I have also tried this with the phone programmed and not programmed (*228).

So, why isn't this taking.

Edited by To_The_Max

Guest Nomad76
So Outlook as in Outlook express or like full out Office Outlook?

I can't get my activesync to connect to outlook on my computer

I use Outlook as in The full office version of outlook. Not the Outlook express. I use the calender, the contacts, and I can open notes. So it is possible. I never had an issue. The only thing I had to do extra was update my holidays in outlook so that they show up on my phone. Maybe you should redownload active sync 4.5 or change to usb2.0 like I did or check your office installation. Or maybe somebody else has some better advice.

Guest theidoctor.org
newbie with problem/question.

I downloaded and opened UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3 (I see the page where you select a platform, pda, phone, Unified image file, ect.)

I ONLY hit the unified image file (*img) button, which went directly to my downloaded i910WM6.1.REV10.cc20.VZW.img file.

Hit the i910WM6.1.REV10.cc20.VZW.img file and the file uploads into the PDA-EBOOT space next to the button, PDA-PDA space next to that button, PDA-CSC space next to that button, and the PHONE-PHONE space next to that button

in the Unified Image File (*.img) box, the file is there also and there is a blue strip that light up.

So far I think everything is going ok.

I press DETECT button, connect my phone (which was turned off) to USB port, and then turn on my phone.

Now comes my problem. In the Downloading Log, I get this response:

usbDev open faile

usbDev open faile

usbDev open faile

usbDev open faile

PDA Device not found.

Please, someone tell me what am I doing wrong.

Prior to all this, the phone was hard reset, USB drivers downloaded, host computer restarted, Active sync set to NO USB CONNECTIONS, and Phone connections to MASS STORAGE.

I have tried this on both of my VISTA and XP computers with the same results (both utilizing 2.0 usb ports).

I have also tried this with the phone programmed and not programmed (*228).

So, why isn't this taking.

when you say the phone is off, you mean completely turned off and not just the screen?

Does the verizon logo appear?

this has been the most common problem with this...

Guest squid88

GPS has been very interment for me too. Google Maps completely broke on me and every-time I tried to start it it would freeze the phone up and I would have to pull the battery. Going to try the Garmin XT to see if that works better. Live search has a good feature for Traffic, Maps and Direction that I can track my self with but not very robust.

Guest To_The_Max

iDoctor.Org

Yes, the phone is completely off. I get the White background Verizon LOGO and there is the descending four dings telling me it is shutting down. When I turn the phone back on, The Black background Verizon LOGO appears with the ascending four dings telling me it is turning on. The phone then goes to my Start/Home page and that is when the UMDL_OMNIA program states the PDA Device not found.

I have not had any problems with connecting to active sync (when settings are changed back to usual settings) so I don't think this is a connection issue.

Thanks for your reply