New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest Solange82200

To the person who asked about GPS, it is hit or miss. I noticed my major problem is that it is almost impossible for me to get a lock when I am in a moving car. Also, sometimes I wont get one at all. If Verizon releases the new ROM with Agps, hopefully things will improve.

To the Max, not sure if this will work, but you may want to change your phone setting from Active Sync to USB mode. I did mine using the Activesync mode, but Idoctor and some others flashed their phones putting it on USB SYnc Mode. I honestly have no idea if it will help, but its worth a shot I guess.

Guest To_The_Max
To the Max, not sure if this will work, but you may want to change your phone setting from Active Sync to USB mode. I did mine using the Activesync mode, but Idoctor and some others flashed their phones putting it on USB SYnc Mode. I honestly have no idea if it will help, but its worth a shot I guess.

I don't have USB mode on my phone. It is either ActiveSync or Mass Storage. I used Mass Storage on mine.

Very frustrating knowing it is possible to get this and I am having difficulties. Grrrrrrr

Guest theidoctor.org
I don't have USB mode on my phone. It is either ActiveSync or Mass Storage. I used Mass Storage on mine.

Very frustrating knowing it is possible to get this and I am having difficulties. Grrrrrrr

ok, and you did UNCHECK "dont allow usb connection" on active sync or mobile device manager....

this is an important step as well and even if you dont have either one, you need to get it and then press then go through the steps

Guest Draconius

Are you using Vista or XP?

Guest To_The_Max
ok, and you did UNCHECK "dont allow usb connection" on active sync or mobile device manager....

YES.

this is an important step as well and even if you dont have either one, you need to get it and then press then go through the steps

I installed the USB drivers from the Verizon CD. Followed the instruction and rebooted the host computer.... appears to have taken without difficulties. On the phone, under USB connection mode, I have two choices ActiveSync and MassStorage. I chose mass storage.

Are you using Vista or XP?

I have tried on both my laptop (Vista) and Desktop (XP) both with same results. I can ActiveSync on both without problems, hence my frustration.

Guest Draconius
YES.

I installed the USB drivers from the Verizon CD. Followed the instruction and rebooted the host computer.... appears to have taken without difficulties. On the phone, under USB connection mode, I have two choices ActiveSync and MassStorage. I chose mass storage.

I have tried on both my laptop (Vista) and Desktop (XP) both with same results. I can ActiveSync on both without problems, hence my frustration.

Have you gone into the settings for both Vista and XP and turned off the "Allow USB connections"???

See here--> Vista

p4fhbbtc8y09aiorll.jpg

You shouldn't be able to activesync your phone to the computer while trying to reflash it

Edited by Draconius

Guest To_The_Max
Have you gone into the settings for both Vista and XP and turned off the "Allow USB connections"???

See here--> Vista

p4fhbbtc8y09aiorll.jpg

You shouldn't be able to activesync your phone to the computer while trying to reflash it

Yes the "allow USB connections" was unchecked.

Just an update:

So, I decided to uninstall and reinstall everything. Went to bed and woke up in two hours thinking of why this wasn't working for me (I hate that when you can't sleep). Anyways, I cussed at the computer <_< and went through my check list again. Lo and Be hold, the PDA was found :D . ROM downloaded (or is that uploaded) without any further problems :P :D :D . I would like to thank everyone who assisted me in getting this ROM downloaded :) and would further like to thank those involved in the hacks/modifications performed to make my omnia a better phone. B) ;)

YOU GUYS TOTALLY ROCK !!!!!

Guest champaned_out

hey guys, i had a quick question... now i know i could probably ask verizon itself but since im here reading through everything i thought id ask you guys.... ive had my i910 for about 2months now, i was wondering is it possible to add insurance to the phone now? and if its possible could i remove the insurance after a certain time period?

id really like to have a backup plan incase i brick the phone during the process...

also one last question... ive read about 20 pages or so but couldnt find a striaght answer for this... if do successfully flash the phone and unlock the gps could i reinstall SPB 3.0, SPB Weather, and SPB TV again? i have it right now and imo SPB Mobile 3.0 is x100 better then Samsung Today

Guest Solange82200

To_the_Max, sorry, I meant Mass storage when I said USB mode. I dont know why I said usb mode. Anyway, I was about to tell you to try to set it to Activesync, since that is how I did mine, and it flashed successfully on the first try, but it looks like you got it working. Congrats!

Champanedout, I am pretty sure you can add insurance at any time. They call the phone to make sure its functional before they add it, that is really the only stipulation as far as I know. That is a good idea to do before you flash it. I would recommend it anyway. I have insurance on all my phones, as expensive as they are to replace, why wouldn't everyone have it for only 5 bucks a month? Oh well, to each their own I guess

Guest A Feral Duck
hey guys, i had a quick question... now i know i could probably ask verizon itself but since im here reading through everything i thought id ask you guys.... ive had my i910 for about 2months now, i was wondering is it possible to add insurance to the phone now? and if its possible could i remove the insurance after a certain time period?

id really like to have a backup plan incase i brick the phone during the process...

also one last question... ive read about 20 pages or so but couldnt find a striaght answer for this... if do successfully flash the phone and unlock the gps could i reinstall SPB 3.0, SPB Weather, and SPB TV again? i have it right now and imo SPB Mobile 3.0 is x100 better then Samsung Today

I don't think so, IIRC verizon only gives you 16 days to add insurance after purchase.

The warrenty is good for a full year though, so if something does go wrong and you'l left with a brick, you can get it replaced.

Guest RCReecer

I also bricked mine. I'm pretty sure it was due to the fact that I used a USB hub. I took the phone into Verizon, and the little pink tab was solid pink - they said I had water damage (WTF?) and that they couldn't warranty it. $50 later, I've got my replacement and in the process of doing the update. I think the sweat from my fingers screwed up the paper. To make sure it doesn't/won't happen again, I put scotch tape over it. You all might want to think about doing something like that to make sure you don't accidently wipe it out.

Guest trexflyer

NO you can't add insurance. You have 15 days from date of purchase to add insurance. (yes, I work for the evil overlords)

I would recommend making a full backup w/SPbackup. It will save all your settings and installed programs, and it gives you the option to restore w/rom update (selected automatically)

Guest theidoctor.org
NO you can't add insurance. You have 15 days from date of purchase to add insurance. (yes, I work for the evil overlords)

I would recommend making a full backup w/SPbackup. It will save all your settings and installed programs, and it gives you the option to restore w/rom update (selected automatically)

so you work for verizon? What do you think they will do if they catch you roaming this area? Lol J/K.

what do you do?

Guest trexflyer
so you work for verizon? What do you think they will do if they catch you roaming this area? Lol J/K.

what do you do?

That's the beauty of the internet....Anonymity <_< . I can agree with your comment about VZNav, its a cash cow for vzw. But I've probably given out $3k worth of credits for it. It has to be removed as a feature and canceled as a subscription on our end, plus it has to be physically uninstalled from your phone to be 100% sure you won't be charged for it again. And the 1 month free promotion....what a joke!! Depending on your billing cycle date you could get as little as 1 day free and then it's $9.99/mo....and don't forget the fact they bill everything 1 month in advance. I'll be honest though, I've convinced a lot of people to buy an Omnia over the BB (sh*t)Storm and referred them all here....too bad I don't get comission for sales

Guest ribbz

Hi all,

I flashed to the C220 rom and everything seems great except for a nagging problem in the Opera browser. For whatever reason, I cannot pan the screen around like I could before. I noticed this while trying to access my gmail account, and basically the pan window showed a huge blank white area with only a small amount of the actual page on the right hand side. So if I moved all the way over to the right I could basically only see who the sender was. Anyone else having this problem and know what's up?

Thanks

Guest plecosword
Hi all,

I flashed to the C220 rom and everything seems great except for a nagging problem in the Opera browser. For whatever reason, I cannot pan the screen around like I could before. I noticed this while trying to access my gmail account, and basically the pan window showed a huge blank white area with only a small amount of the actual page on the right hand side. So if I moved all the way over to the right I could basically only see who the sender was. Anyone else having this problem and know what's up?

Thanks

yeah I also noticed Opera crashes often.

Guest sueme05

does anyone have any idea as to when the new (official) ROM will be released by verizon?

im trying to install the new ROM now... but i was just curious... and when it does get released is it going to be different from this leaked version?

Edited by sueme05

Guest sueme05

What i did was... of course being crazy, didn't try it again with the default platform. I changed it to the only other option you have which is the one without the [DPRAM]...

only downfall is i have the same issues as at least 1 person on this form.... where at the end the after installing the eboot and etc//// when it gets to the Phone, the usb device all of a sudden comes up as not recognized and though the PDF instruction at the end shows how to troubleshoot it... it doesn't help...

the good news is that when i took the battery out bc i couldn't reset it otherwise... it works fine... except the gps part

Edited by sueme05

Guest sueme05

woo hooooooo!

i did a hard reset... and reflashed my phone and this time (with the platform including the [DPRAM]), EVERYTHING WORKED!!! my phone rebooted like it was supposed to!!!

<_<

now to work on the gps part.... maybe it'll be more likely to work

:)

Thanks everyone!!!!

Edited by sueme05

Guest SimplePleasures

Really feeling stupid today... My phone is still unable to accept the DPRAM download. I have set up my Active Sync->Connection Setting so the only box checked is the Show Status on Toolbar (I have downloaded and installed the latest ActiveSync (4.5) as well as the Modem and USB drivers and installed both using the setup scripts.

Appreciate any help someone can provide.

Thanks!!!

Guest sueme05
Really feeling stupid today... My phone is still unable to accept the DPRAM download. I have set up my Active Sync->Connection Setting so the only box checked is the Show Status on Toolbar (I have downloaded and installed the latest ActiveSync (4.5) as well as the Modem and USB drivers and installed both using the setup scripts.

Appreciate any help someone can provide.

Thanks!!!

you dont want your phone setting on active sync...

the only reason you do is in the beginning when you want to connect to your computer viz usb to download the drivers...

but take it from me. dont even bother. Download the drivers from the VZaccess CD... the one that came in the RED sleeve.... when you put it in and click next, the very first thing should be the USB driver....

once you download it, restart your computer...

then MAKE SURE you DONT allow active sync to connect via USB AND that your phone's setting is on Mass Storage and NOT Active sync....

it should work good after that....

Guest sueme05

AND FOR THE RECORD!!!

GPS IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i forget that its a phone and not a gadget made for GPS like garmin or tomtom....

i guess it doesn't have strong gps receiver as a portable GPS...

but then again... it is a phone <_<

but the entire time i was on the road i had lots of active satalites.... and i was able to pin point my location and it was able to give me the direction i was heading the entire time:)

Flashing was definitely worth it... and it wasn't even hard or complicated

Guest plecosword

does it have a new internet explorer version? it actually performs better than opera, in my opinion at least. scrolling is definatly better!