Verizon Omnia (SCH-I910) Custom ROM Discussion

Guest Echew

Guest WoZZeR999
huh, i wonder if it would even work correctly?

Yeah, there's a reg fix for it.

Try soft-resetting. That fixed it for me. Also make sure it's not plugged into activesync.

Drew: check the ROM thread.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest tedkord
here is the thing - i'm certain it's not just me. i've been using cooked ROMs for Omnia for long time now and ive seen many people who stated they like the touchplayer. So, i think rather than me moving on a *much* better solution would be leaving the touchplayer in, and if he's so anxious to remove it - find and fix the reason why install from cab doesnt play videos and then remove it.

Except, as he has stated, he is making a custom ROM for himself, as he wants it, and making it available for anyone else who wants it. He has been more than reasonable in taking requests, and working on bugs. But he is not obligated to make a single change that anyone wants.

Personally, I never use touchplayer. I use coreplayer for any video, as I encode everything in xvid, and touchplayer hasn't been able to play any xvid video I've tried. That's just my opinion.

I'd prefer to keep the FM radio, as I (very) occasionally use it, but I don't feel I have the right to demand it.

I do think maybe some folks have been a little hard on you, especially in the beginning. But more lately (maybe as a response to what feel like attacks on you), you've gotten a bit more insistent. But the final say is wozzers. It's his ROM, for his phone. And he doesn't have to even let anyone else access it, let alone change his preferences.

Anyhow, that's my opinion, which as always is worth exactly what you paid for it...`

Guest WoZZeR999
Except, as he has stated, he is making a custom ROM for himself, as he wants it, and making it available for anyone else who wants it. He has been more than reasonable in taking requests, and working on bugs. But he is not obligated to make a single change that anyone wants.

Personally, I never use touchplayer. I use coreplayer for any video, as I encode everything in xvid, and touchplayer hasn't been able to play any xvid video I've tried. That's just my opinion.

I'd prefer to keep the FM radio, as I (very) occasionally use it, but I don't feel I have the right to demand it.

I do think maybe some folks have been a little hard on you, especially in the beginning. But more lately (maybe as a response to what feel like attacks on you), you've gotten a bit more insistent. But the final say is wozzers. It's his ROM, for his phone. And he doesn't have to even let anyone else access it, let alone change his preferences.

Anyhow, that's my opinion, which as always is worth exactly what you paid for it...`

Try the FM Radio here

Adrynalyne: Sorry dude, did build OS and everything build it ok? It takes longer for the initial boot, compared to a normal hard reset.

Guest Adrynalyne
Try the FM Radio here

Adrynalyne: Sorry dude, did build OS and everything build it ok? It takes longer for the initial boot, compared to a normal hard reset.

Yeah, I think I overtrimmed. The image was 95mb.

It booted ok, then went straight to a black screen.

Was my first atempt though, so not a total loss!

Guest drewbax

I couldn't find anything in the ROM section,

Where do I load the .bin file? In PDA or in Phone.

Is that the only thing that I load into the program to be flashed over?

Guest WoZZeR999
Yeah, I think I overtrimmed. The image was 95mb.

It booted ok, then went straight to a black screen.

Was my first atempt though, so not a total loss!

Mine's down to 100, and I could probably get it a little bit lower, so you shouldn't be too far gone.

Guest WoZZeR999
I couldn't find anything in the ROM section,

Where do I load the .bin file? In PDA or in Phone.

Is that the only thing that I load into the program to be flashed over?

How to flash:

Run UDML_Omnia

Click PDA

Find the extracted file from the rar you downloaded

Hit Detect

Restart Phone

Guest drewbax
How to flash:

Run UDML_Omnia

Click PDA

Find the extracted file from the rar you downloaded

Hit Detect

Restart Phone

Thanks man you're awesome. I'm very excited about this Rom. I have been using a theme I made from wisbar advance desktop and i like m2d as well. yeehaw.

Guest tedkord
Try the FM Radio here

Thanks, I've already gotten the cab for it from that very post. But, I'm not making the plunge just yet on the cooked ROM - I want to hold back and see what else the chefs have up their sleeves, before I risk a brick. I've had really good luck with hacks in the past, so I think I'm about due...

I am sorely tempted by the latest non-M2D ROM you've posted, though. I prefer either winterface or ifonz for a "today" replacement (hate those slippery, sliding samsung widgets, like M2D but not as much as those). I'll pull the trigger once I see that those are working flawlessly.

BTW, since I've got your ear - thanks for making this available to everyone, and your work to please various folks. I wish I had the skills to cook a custom ROM, but my last programming classes were in BASIC and FORTRAN/77, about 20 years ago. Plus, I'm not too bright. :excl:

Guest WoZZeR999

Heh, thanks for the compliment. Last actual programming I did was at least 5 years ago. I'm just adapting what was available to me, and reading up on some of the later cooking guide. Nothing too special really. Ifonz2 0.3.0 just came out, you may want to give that a shot.

Guest rayden25
I use it as well.

Just out of curiosity, for what? Work? Watching videos? How is the quality? Is it worth the investment in the cable?

Guest Jotalv

I used to text in spanish language using the XT9 spanish Keypad on my Omnia. But after installing the new I910 ROM, the XT9 Spanish dictionary has gone!!! :excl:

Anyone knows how can I get the XT9 spanish dictionary?

Guest WoZZeR999
I used to text in spanish language using the XT9 spanish Keypad on my Omnia. But after installing the new I910 ROM, the XT9 Spanish dictionary has gone!!! :excl:

Anyone knows how can I get the XT9 spanish dictionary?

Try the original VZW image. It looks like spanish may have been removed. I don't see any spanish keyboards in my untouched kitchen.

Guest pazatat2

here's a gif to replace the verison on/ verizon off. animation if anyone is interested

edit: need to resize hold on

edit: there the right size 240x400

post-510738-1239647547_thumb.jpg

post-510738-1239647560_thumb.jpg

Edited by pazatat2

Guest Apo11on
here's a gif to replace the verison on/ verizon off. animation if anyone is interested

edit: need to resize hold on

edit: there the right size 240x400

how about a link to registry setting to disable those winblows and VZW splash screens completely? Will speed up your boot and shutdown, not to mention bothering people with annoying noise err...music, that accompanies these.

Guest pw-man

W0ZZeR999 - Killer work on building the various ROM versions, etc. Since I am new to the whole cooking scene, being I've always been a samsung WM fanboy (I700, I730, i910), what is the best place to start in building my own custom rom? I saw your previous posts on using SYOK and SYAKR (both of which I've downloaded). But is started there the best place to build a kitchen, given what you have already done? (sorry if I'm not using the correct lingo, yet). My simple logic being that if you've got a base / stripped ROM that one might want to add things back in to, is it better start start from scratch or start with what you have built? Obviously, starting from scratch would make it impossible to leverage your "lessons learned" until I find the problems myslef and then ask.

Maybe that tutorial you were talking about possibly building might help (wink, wink). I for one will chip in to buy a few beverages of your choice.. :-)

thanks.

Guest syrguy1969
Just out of curiosity, for what? Work? Watching videos? How is the quality? Is it worth the investment in the cable?

I just use it for fun, I watch a video or two on the TV from the Omnia, it is also pretty cool to show pictures that way. The quality is OK (obviously gets a bit worse the larger the TV), and I purchased on on ebay for about $5. If your looking at spending the price asked for by Samsung, I would most likely not find it worth it, but for the ebay price, it is a cool little toy to play around with, I mean really....how many of our friends can see their phones on the TV LOL!!!

Guest WoZZeR999
W0ZZeR999 - Killer work on building the various ROM versions, etc. Since I am new to the whole cooking scene, being I've always been a samsung WM fanboy (I700, I730, i910), what is the best place to start in building my own custom rom? I saw your previous posts on using SYOK and SYAKR (both of which I've downloaded). But is started there the best place to build a kitchen, given what you have already done? (sorry if I'm not using the correct lingo, yet). My simple logic being that if you've got a base / stripped ROM that one might want to add things back in to, is it better start start from scratch or start with what you have built? Obviously, starting from scratch would make it impossible to leverage your "lessons learned" until I find the problems myslef and then ask.

Maybe that tutorial you were talking about possibly building might help (wink, wink). I for one will chip in to buy a few beverages of your choice.. :-)

thanks.

You are on the right track. As with what I tell most people who want a step by step tutorial about a concept, the best way is to learn as you go. But to get you started, I'll get you to the point that most of the tutorials start.

(Image.img will be the name of the long i910...img name, I renamed it to Image.img)

1) Copy the Image.img to the tools folder

2) Navigate a command shell to the tools folder

3) Type osnbtools -sp Image.img

4) copy and rename Image.img.bin.nb0 to the root i900 kitchen folder and call it pda.nb0

5) Make a ROM folder (mkdir ROM)

6) Copy imgfs.src from one of he SYOK folders to ROM

7) run extractROM_Bin

8) You are now ready to cook

9) ...

10) profit!

Guest Apo11on
I've always been a samsung WM fanboy (I700, I730, i910)

No one's perfect...Try devices with OS X and latest Symbian - that should cure you from WM pretty much right away.

Edited by Apo11on

Guest pw-man
No one's prefect...Try devices with OS X and latest Symbian - that should cure you from WM pretty much right away.

;-) I know, we can't all be perfect

Guest pw-man
1) Copy the Image.img to the tools folder

2) Navigate a command shell to the tools folder

3) Type osnbtools -sp Image.img

OK, I'm stuck - I'm using the leaked .img file as the base, and when I run osnbtool on it, I get the Image.img.pre written, but then it bombs "osnbtool.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

I tried it on a second XP machine and it ran to completion, but did not give me the Image.img.bin.nb0 file, only the .pre -- and no error messages...

thoughts?

edit: I did check to see that I had the latest C++ redistributable as has been mentioned in many of the cooking posts... and I do...

Edited by pw-man