Verizon Omnia (SCH-I910) Custom ROM Discussion

Guest Echew

Guest whiplash000

Hey guys, I'm looking to get into the rom cooking business, but I can't seem to get a kitchen working...

I have the image file named i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img and another from wozzer999 but I can't seem to put them into any kitchen, nor convert it to any format a kitchen will work with. Can you guys tell me which kitchen you use and what files you use?

Guest WoZZeR999

For the wifi problem, you just need to do a soft reset after everything is set up (this is after you are at the 'desktop' and can click buttons).

My next cooked rom will be available in a bit, after a bit of testing. I added advanced config, but I am still keeping today2 out (find the cab if you really want it). I like the new keyboard, so I am leaving it as it.

Check back in an hour or so for the new bin if all goes well.

Guest dwallersv

Somedude, I understand your pain. However, it's over, finally!

Verizon has lost control of the phone now. All we needed was an update so we could create kitchens and make the phone whatever we want. With the GPS unlocked now (hmmm.... guess they solved that "security issue", eh? :excl: ) and the ability to cook, we can not only remove the Verizon crap, but we can mix in probably most if not all non-radio related stuff across species -- 900 and 910.

I have a bunch of little utilities that I really like that I plan to put a recipe together for and cook up a rom: WkTASK, TaskFacade, S2U2, M2D and some other stuff. With S2U2, don't need the new Samsung volume dealy. And on and on.

We are now FREE from Verizon! The can be relegated to what their role properly is: Wireless service provider. Period. Not app supplier. Navigation service provider. and on and on. Enjoy... we now have full omnias with 3g!

Guest TheJanitor

Can you leave in the FM Radio? Also what about registry fixes such as the touch sensitivity, calibration numbers, and scrollbar sizes built in? +1 for 6.5

Guest Pimpsauce McGillicuddy
Somedude, I understand your pain. However, it's over, finally!

Verizon has lost control of the phone now. All we needed was an update so we could create kitchens and make the phone whatever we want. With the GPS unlocked now (hmmm.... guess they solved that "security issue", eh? :excl: ) and the ability to cook, we can not only remove the Verizon crap, but we can mix in probably most if not all non-radio related stuff across species -- 900 and 910.

I have a bunch of little utilities that I really like that I plan to put a recipe together for and cook up a rom: WkTASK, TaskFacade, S2U2, M2D and some other stuff. With S2U2, don't need the new Samsung volume dealy. And on and on.

We are now FREE from Verizon! The can be relegated to what their role properly is: Wireless service provider. Period. Not app supplier. Navigation service provider. and on and on. Enjoy... we now have full omnias with 3g!

Dude, we need WM 6.5 cooked into this piece. I got these cheeseburgers man...I'll suck yo d*ck!

Guest WoZZeR999

Here's a list of cab's that come stock on the omnia. If you want something I removed, then it may be here.

I will probably have the S2 Suite on my next release, dumping photoslides. I'm also going to work on getting a tweaks to work correctly.

Link for new rom: See my later threads for an updated version

Disclaimer - As usual, I am providing a ROM that worked on MY phone, it's not my fault if it bricks yours

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest aleis
Dude, we need WM 6.5 cooked into this piece. I got these cheeseburgers man...I'll suck yo d*ck!

was that neccessary?  :excl:

but +1 for 6.5!  :excl:

Guest klinc
Here's a list of cab's that come stock on the omnia. If you want something I removed, then it may be here.

I will probably have the S2 Suite on my next release, dumping photoslides. I'm also going to work on getting a tweaks to work correctly.

Link for new rom: FlashOSv2.rar

Disclaimer - As usual, I am providing a ROM that worked on MY phone, it's not my fault if it bricks yours

I just want to say thank you. Fine work you are doing figuring this out for the I910. If I didn't have a family and wife dragging me all over I would so be all over this and doing myself. I mis those days sometimes.

I will enjoying playing with what you put out over the next few weeks.

Guest nisicram

yes thank you very much! i enjoy you guys setting all this up so people like me can just load up a kitchen and flash a phone the way we like it

Guest pw-man
pwmcmaho: it looks like removing zoomer disables the weird zooming feature.

WoZZeR999 - where you able to pull zoomer from your clean cooked rom?

Thanks!

Guest rgsekula

Wozzer-

I really appreciate your effort and really enjoy your ROM.

however, want to use the new online widgets but I cant get any of the widget.cabs to show up under the plugins.

i have installed adobe flash lite 2.1 as well.

any ideas

Guest WoZZeR999
Wozzer-

I really appreciate your effort and really enjoy your ROM.

however, want to use the new online widgets but I cant get any of the widget.cabs to show up under the plugins.

i have installed adobe flash lite 2.1 as well.

any ideas

If you want to use the same type of thing, FEWidgets is being worked on at XDA. I just tested it, and it seems to run good.

I don't know if just installing flash lite 2.1 will work, because 3.1 is cooked into the rom. I know 3.1 doesn't work if 2.1 is cooked in.

Guest Adrynalyne

Why are you cooking 3.1 in? It should already be in there by default. Opera has flash working on youtube, which requires FL 3.1.

Also if you wanted to keep Samsung Online Widgets you can, even installing FL 3.1 doesn't break them. So either they have been made to use 3.1, or they were hacked to use 2.1 even when 3.1 is installed. Thats as simple as a small hex edit.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest rosenhauer
yeah like advanced config 3.3 pre-loaded or s2u2 or something. Plus if someone can figure out a way to make widgets (like a shortcut to a program widget)

Does anyone know if the 1.62 S2U2 works with the new "leaked" firmware? I tried 1.61 (several times) and it worked fine until you softreset then all sorts of memory errors. (took me a while to figure out that app was causing the issues).

Everything else is working on mine and I'm not sure if I want to try it as an uninstall didn't fix the problem it required a hard reset!

Guest WoZZeR999
Does anyone know if the 1.62 S2U2 works with the new "leaked" firmware? I tried 1.61 (several times) and it worked fine until you softreset then all sorts of memory errors. (took me a while to figure out that app was causing the issues).

Everything else is working on mine and I'm not sure if I want to try it as an uninstall didn't fix the problem it required a hard reset!

I just flashed with a clean rom, I'll test 1.62 and see if I have problems.

Guest maxtcee
There should be around 90-95 megs I think, maybe more. I actually haven't flashed the version I released, but I have a new one that I'm going to flash with. It includes the official youtube app, along with all refrences to VZnav and appzone gone (I hope). I'm leaving the visual voice mail in because I use it.

I forgot to mention, all non US keyboards were removed as well.

If there are any programs people would like to see cooked in, let me know. As long as it's good, and free (FOSS or legally free), I may cook it in.

hey can you put pocket sports and icontact and idialer in it and maybe a stock ticker i just hate to keep reinstalling all these aps im sure most use them reg

Guest WoZZeR999
hey can you put pocket sports and icontact and idialer in it and maybe a stock ticker i just hate to keep reinstalling all these aps im sure most use them reg

I don't really use any of those, and installing 4 things isn't that big of a deal. If you have to configure them, then save the config files and just replace them after installing.

S2U2 1.62 seems to work fine, I don't seem to have any problems.

For the picture problem, it does that in my untouched cooked rom, so I'm not 100% sure where the problem is. The new Samsung widgets also don't show up, so they may have been a hackjob to put in from Samsung.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

I took a shot at a quick 6.5 hack.

The bad new is, it wouldn't boot.

The good news is, my theory was right, as long as I only flash the pda part, I can reflash the pda back to something else :excl:

Guest Foster318
I took a shot at a quick 6.5 hack.

The bad new is, it wouldn't boot.

The good news is, my theory was right, as long as I only flash the pda part, I can reflash the pda back to something else :excl:

That is good for your omnia. So, is it right to say 6.5 isn't likely in the near future?

Guest WoZZeR999
That is good for your omnia. So, is it right to say 6.5 isn't likely in the near future?

Not sure. I spent maybe 15 minutes on it. A real dirty looking thing, I'll be spending more time on the weekend on it though.

Guest thedarkone

Thanks for the effort! Will have a bit of feedback for you on some small changes that would make this phone much more awesome ; )

-have a good weekend!

Guest Apo11on

WoZZeR999 the Alarm Clock appears to be broken in FlashOSv2 - its crashing every time I try to set time. Don't know about you but I use that alarm on daily basis, would be really nice if you could fix that.

Edited by Apo11on