Verizon Omnia (SCH-I910) Custom ROM Discussion

Guest Echew

Guest Apo11on
I removed all touch player stuff and included TCPMP as a video player. It is free and will play anything. Use S2P or HTC Audio manager if you want a dedicated music player. S2P can't be OEM'd in easily, otherwise I would have it in there.

Edit: Only added 300K for a much better player too! :excl:

I dont find TCPMP nearly as good as the TouchPlayer, and I've tried everything you suggested before. TouchPlayer is my preferred choice and if I cannot use it with your ROMs - for me it's a deal breaker. I'm fairly certain there are people out there who feel the same way. It's fine to remove it if you personally don't like it, but we should be able to install it back from the cab without any issues. Otherwise it means the ROM has crippled functionality, IMHO.

Guest necosino

We asked for barebones, he's giving us barebones; no Samsung crap that isn't necessary. Perhaps we can make a new CAB installer that includes whatever Wozzer took out?

Guest blazingwolf
I dont find TCPMP nearly as good as the TouchPlayer, and I've tried everything you suggested before. TouchPlayer is my preferred choice and if I cannot use it with your ROMs - for me it's a deal breaker. I'm fairly certain there are people out there who feel the same way. It's fine to remove it if you personally don't like it, but we should be able to install it back from the cab without any issues. Otherwise it means the ROM has crippled functionality, IMHO.

Well, you could always build your own custom ROM and leave Touch Player in it.

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest WoZZeR999

Thanks wolf, I was gonna say that. I received a file to the phone fine through BT, I've never used Beam, so I don't know if it's supposed to have more options, but syncing and receiving went fine. Most of what I took out can be found on the Omnia repositories, and I have no idea why Touchplayer isn't showing video. It's a direct draw issue, but I made sure the correct DLL's were there and they were.

If touch player is your favorite program on the omnia, then you have bigger problems than a custom rom.

The CSC thing is my biggest problem right now, not being able to get to it is breaking things :/

Edit: Time to play with M2D to get some settings that I like.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Adrynalyne

I wonder if there is a way to cook in the latest google maps and have it work with M2D.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest WoZZeR999
I wonder if there is a way to cook in the latest google maps and have it work with M2D.

Lol, I was actually working on that right now. Flashing in a minute, I'll let you know how it goes.

Guest whiplash000

Hey WoZZeR999, your third ROM, FlashOS3 v3 works great, but Opera won't start! If I click it, the splash appears and disappears after awhile, then title bar says Opera, but nothing happens... perhaps you removed some essential component that causes Opera to sit trying to load while you were stripping the ROM bare. Also, could you tell me what kitchen you're using, 'cause I really want to get into the cooking business.

Edited by whiplash000

Guest Adrynalyne
Lol, I was actually working on that right now. Flashing in a minute, I'll let you know how it goes.

Awesome :excl: You know I am interested in it!

:excl:

Guest WoZZeR999
Hey WoZZeR999, your third ROM, FlashOS3 v3 works great, but Opera won't start! If I click it, the splash appears and disappears after awhile, then title bar says Opera, but nothing happens... Also, could you tell me what kitchen you're using, 'cause I really want to get into the cooking business.

I'm using SztupY's kitchen, it's called SYOK, I have a link a few pages back.

I noticed the Opera error today, OS v4 (to be released soon) fixes that problem.

Guest krelvinaz

Not sure that make a lot of sense since Gmaps updates on a fairly frequent basis. The next update and you would have to cook another Rom.

I've got a second used Omnia coming so I can Chef around bit and not mess up my working phone. I've always wanted to play with this stuff. Figure I will have it by mid-week, flash it with the Rom and then setup the kitchen and start playing.

Guest pazatat2

so has anyone took out vz app zone, vz navigator, digital frame, podcast, rss reader. BUT left main menu in? and if so, what takes there spot? checking before i keep main menu in thanks in advance

Guest WoZZeR999
Awesome :excl: You know I am interested in it!

:excl:

You have to edit the initflashfiles.txt to remove all instances of gmm-*. Then delete them out of the directory and have the latest GMaps as a package. Works for me at least.

Guest WoZZeR999
Not sure that make a lot of sense since Gmaps updates on a fairly frequent basis. The next update and you would have to cook another Rom.

I've got a second used Omnia coming so I can Chef around bit and not mess up my working phone. I've always wanted to play with this stuff. Figure I will have it by mid-week, flash it with the Rom and then setup the kitchen and start playing.

You can always install over it, and I'll be using a the latest gmaps (if I can figure out how to tell when they update).

Paz: You can probably fine an omnia Main menu cab.

Guest Adrynalyne

It makes sense to me, as I cannot get a gps lock in the older version :excl:

Guest yojoe600
I'm using SztupY's kitchen, it's called SYOK, I have a link a few pages back.

I noticed the Opera error today, OS v4 (to be released soon) fixes that problem.

yea i had that problem too and cant wait for the next release

Guest Adrynalyne
You have to edit the initflashfiles.txt to remove all instances of gmm-*. Then delete them out of the directory and have the latest GMaps as a package. Works for me at least.

Nice. What is edited to add more items to the internet tab? Thats not htchomesettings.xml, is it?

Guest WoZZeR999

New version uploading, with a special M2D release as well. I didn't really edit much of M2D, but it now uses the official youtube app, and the latest gmaps.

M2D Link: Uploading (Select DiamondQVGA.tsk under settings -> today for a real M2D Look!)

Normal version: Building

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest maxtcee
Yeah, I figured it out. I forgot to get rid of a few .lnk files. It now starts without any problems. I may go through and see if I can delete a little bit more. BTW, that 97 megs is with CF3.5 (still have to get it to be default, that will be for later), the official Facebook program, java and a SD card tuner all cooked in.

pwmcmaho: it looks like removing zoomer disables the weird zooming feature.

BTW: Youtube flash works in opera after enabling flash. It's all zoomed in, so I don't know if that can be fixed, but flash is working. I'm also going to try to cook google maps(you still have to enable GPS manually for now).

is there a sticky you can creat with all your versions so we dont have to sift through pages and pages using v2 but cant seem to find v3 or if v4 is even out yet

Guest WoZZeR999

First, for adding new items:

12. Customizing Manilla (M2D): http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ng-manilla-m2d/ (Thanks to gianton). To add a new Internet item, you have to add a new registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Manila2D\InternetWidget\Customized\1]

"NoDescription"=dword:00000001

"CustomizedURL"="youtubeplay.exe"

"CustomizedDescription"=""

"CustomizedTitle"="Youtubeplay"

"CustomizedIcon"="\\Windows\\HH_INTERNET_YOUTUBE.bmp"

Above is the example for youtubeplay item, change values in RED to what you want to add.

You can edit that in the .rgu.

The Customer_CSC has some other files in it (some of which I need *shakes fist at .img file*)

Maxtcee: I didn't want to create a new thread until I thought my rom was good enough for public use. It's getting close, so I may start a new thread in the rom discussion soon.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest hurtem

Cool I can't wait for your newest version. I installed the leaked official from VZW but can't wait to use yours when it's done uploading!

Guest Adrynalyne
First, for adding new items:

You can edit that in the .rgu.

The Customer_CSC has some other files in it (some of which I need *shakes fist at .img file*)

Maxtcee: I didn't want to create a new thread until I thought my rom was good enough for public use. It's getting close, so I may start a new thread in the rom discussion soon.