Verizon i910 (Omnia) aGPS Unlock Effort

Guest dmk679

Guest dmk679
You shouldn't need to use either of those, that's the issue. If you hard reset you should be able to get instant lock without having to open either of those. And those use battery life, the solution we are trying to reach will unlock aGPS to third party apps without the use of an addtional app.

As for cooking in those gpsid.dll's - i couldn't find any reason to believe that they helped. the only one i could get a lock with was the Telus one. I'm wondering though if there's a way we could get a registry rip of a working telus with aGPS working. that might help

xenspidey - when using the htc-related gpsid files, you would need to have the htc registry settings on the device and/or gpsone settings set through qpst. Did you test the htc files with either of these settings?

Guest xenspidey
xenspidey - when using the htc-related gpsid files, you would need to have the htc registry settings on the device and/or gpsone settings set through qpst. Did you test the htc files with either of these settings?

I'll try them out again over the weekend. I fear that the HTC dll's are probably written with a different API. I know Samsung has it's own API for gps. I'll give it a go though. I have always used my reg settings that i've posted earlier as well as the QPST settings that i've posted earlier. I'm also cooking in gps_xtra but i still can't get it to connect to the net. It always seems like it "reboots" the Radio. 

Guest dmk679
I'll try them out again over the weekend. I fear that the HTC dll's are probably written with a different API. I know Samsung has it's own API for gps. I'll give it a go though. I have always used my reg settings that i've posted earlier as well as the QPST settings that i've posted earlier. I'm also cooking in gps_xtra but i still can't get it to connect to the net. It always seems like it "reboots" the Radio.

gps_xtra tries to connect via gprs (as determined through deconstruction in ida), which to my knowledge is gsm

Guest xenspidey

Ok, so recently i got a warranty replacement phone and have been working on some other ROM issues other than the GPS issue that's always on my mind. Tonight i decided to turn on GPS and see if i could get a lock. i did everything i normally do (install my gps reg entries, use quick gps position put the xtra.bin file in the device directory as well as windows directory) and then opened GPS utility and waited for a lock... i waited for like 10 minutes on the way home and got nothing. so 4 hours later (a few minutes ago) i realized that i forgot to turn location on. I turned it on and soft reset, opened up gps utility and it instantly gave my cordinates. then a few seconds later it sai i was at 0,0 then a few seconds after that i got a 4-5 satellite lock in my house on a cloudy / rainy night. This is on my personal ROM that is fairly heavily modified with the patched GPS_xtra cooked in and enabled. i think i might even have cooked in a different gpsid than the standard VZW OEM. i did not modify the QPST settings at all though... i'm going to try and figure out if i can duplicate this and what exact settings i used. I'll update as i know more. 

Guest xenspidey
xenspidey...

can you post registry settings and the cabs you used?

thanks

Which cabs? all the settings are in this thread somewhere.

As for the quick lock i mentioned a few posts ago... it ended up being motweets. it turns on the gps everytime you open it up or post a tweet so that was why i got an almost instant lock... back to the drawing board.

• 3 months later...
Guest luisgracia
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Samsung\RIL\GPS]

"AccessPoint"=""

"Accuracy"=dword:00000013

"AGPSStatus"=dword:00000000

"DownloadResult"=dword:00000000

"MaxLocationAge"=dword:00000000

"OperatingMode"=dword:00000000

"QOPDelay"=dword:0000000c

"RefreshRate"=dword:00000001

"ResponseTime"=dword:00000002

"Running"=dword:00000000

"ServerAddress"="test.agps.com:7275"

"SessionType"=dword:00000001

"SSL"=dword:00000000

"StartingMode"=dword:00000001

"TimeSync"=dword:00000000

"VAccuracy"=dword:00000000

Excuse me ¿what are the fields "Accuracy" and "VAccuary" ?

What happens if I change this values?

Thanks

Excuse me ¿what are the fields "Accuracy" and "VAccuary" ?

What happens if I change this values?

Thanks

My guess:

Horizontal Accuracy in meters

Vertical Accuracy in meters

Guest luisgracia
My guess:

Horizontal Accuracy in meters

Vertical Accuracy in meters

OK, bad question. What I mean is what is the utility of this fields and how they work

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MachinateTDK
my omnia is on metro too and my agps used to say i was in Lithuania. I flashed to Adrynalyne's 3.0 rom and its been showing my real location ever since.

how did you guys flash the omnia to metropcs? can the i900 be flashed?

please provide apps. thanks

Guest MachinateTDK
my omnia is on metro too and my agps used to say i was in Lithuania. I flashed to Adrynalyne's 3.0 rom and its been showing my real location ever since.

how did you guys flash the omnia to metropcs? can the i900 be flashed?

please provide apps. thanks

Guest gman34

first the i900 is gsm, the i910 is the verizon cdma.

second, there is no app that magically flashes the phone for you.

Third, if you use google, and ask your question, it should be the first result.

Guest MachinateTDK
first the i900 is gsm, the i910 is the verizon cdma.

second, there is no app that magically flashes the phone for you.

Third, if you use google, and ask your question, it should be the first result.

ok thanks. i sort of figured that. but there has to be some sort of exploit out there. i need metropcs bad. these other cellphone companies are a waste of money. at&t, tmobile, verizon. they are all rip off's.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Dacari13
ok thanks. i sort of figured that. but there has to be some sort of exploit out there. i need metropcs bad. these other cellphone companies are a waste of money. at&t, tmobile, verizon. they are all rip off's.

Can someone guide me through flashing my OMNIA so I can use the GPS?

Thanks