Advent 4211 - IV HAD SO MANY PROBLEMS! NEED HELP!

Guest Jack_hill1993

Guest Jack_hill1993

OK... since yesterday evening, i installed the bios update 1.09 for the Advent 4211 and i think something terrible went wrong. I saw all the operations come up in a CMD window, then i decided to restart so i did. Then when i restarted it did nothing. Nothing at all. So i heard about holding the button down thing for 20 seconds or so and still nothing but there was one change, without me holding down the button for 20 seconds, the screen flickers white for like a millisecond, and then when i do hold the button down, there is no flicker, or is this just a random error. Anyway NEED HELP! what are your thoughts? :excl:

Guest hummel
OK... since yesterday evening, i installed the bios update 1.09 for the Advent 4211 and i think something terrible went wrong. I saw all the operations come up in a CMD window, then i decided to restart so i did. Then when i restarted it did nothing. Nothing at all. So i heard about holding the button down thing for 20 seconds or so and still nothing but there was one change, without me holding down the button for 20 seconds, the screen flickers white for like a millisecond, and then when i do hold the button down, there is no flicker, or is this just a random error. Anyway NEED HELP! what are your thoughts? :excl:

Do u have the recovery disc and an external drive ? maybe u can use that then

just my 2 cents

greetz

• 1 month later...
Guest pd.ryder

**Eek**

It sounds to me like you've witnessed a fatality...

My only suggestion is to visit the MSI Wind Forum but I guess you've already done that to get the BIOS update in the first place.

Has there been any progress since your first post back in April?

• 9 months later...
Guest tolley1973
OK... since yesterday evening, i installed the bios update 1.09 for the Advent 4211 and i think something terrible went wrong. I saw all the operations come up in a CMD window, then i decided to restart so i did. Then when i restarted it did nothing. Nothing at all. So i heard about holding the button down thing for 20 seconds or so and still nothing but there was one change, without me holding down the button for 20 seconds, the screen flickers white for like a millisecond, and then when i do hold the button down, there is no flicker, or is this just a random error. Anyway NEED HELP! what are your thoughts? <_<

TRY REMOVING BATTERY FOR A FEW MINUTES THEM PUT BACK TOGETHER AND TRY REBOOTING