Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest maxtcee
Location of items as well as different executables. Makes it tough to use themes if they were made for the i910 :excl:

this might be a stupid question but how do you change themes in m2d

Guest Adrynalyne
Lots of posts to answer. First, works getting busy, makes updating the rom a pain..

The dll's shouldn't be optimized, I think it's really only the exe's that are optimized.

I noticed that the wifi option was gone. Still testing... In HKLM/ControlPanel/Wifi, there is a timeout key. Try increasing that to 10.

No go. Checking with an old backup, prior to CC20, that key is 0 by default, as well.

So far the only thing that has worked for me is loading the driver via wlanloader.exe, or toggling power save, which I assume reloads the driver.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest Adrynalyne
No go. Checking with an old backup, prior to CC20, that key is 0 by default, as well.

So far the only thing that has worked for me is loading the driver via wlanloader.exe, or toggling power save, which I assume reloads the driver.

Ghetto workaround :excl:

Added wlanloader.exe to startup, so when I soft reset, I unload, then reload the driver :excl:

Not sure if this helps, but the driver is loading on boot...I have to unload, then reload it for it work though.

Guest yojoe600
this might be a stupid question but how do you change themes in m2d

Download M2DC cab and install it to "My Storage"... then find the theme you want from here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...emes-for-omnia/ (also has directions)

and install it to "My storage/Program Files/M2DC/themes."

after that open M2DC and find your them and hit apply theme... you can also use it to customize M2D

M2DC_v0.29.235.CAB

Guest yojoe600
Ghetto workaround :excl:

Added wlanloader.exe to startup, so when I soft reset, I unload, then reload the driver :excl:

Not sure if this helps, but the driver is loading on boot...I have to unload, then reload it for it work though.

i was gona say that might work but you beat me to it

Guest maxxve

I may have found another bug... or it may just be because I'm trying to use phonealarm and/or spb phone suite on a today screen that is taken over by M2D.

But when I go into Settings>Personal>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications and I try to change ring type and tone for Incoming Calls it doesn't want to change. Also, when I hit the "play" button no sound plays. If I hit the "OK" button it won't even close out of the screen, I have to use the front end button.

The same is true for anywhere you try to mess with these ringtone settings, Settings>Personal>Phone and even the easy settings where you should be able to quickly change these.

Just wondering if it's the rom or me. Thanks.

Guest Adrynalyne
I may have found another bug... or it may just be because I'm trying to use phonealarm and/or spb phone suite on a today screen that is taken over by M2D.

But when I go into Settings>Personal>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications and I try to change ring type and tone for Incoming Calls it doesn't want to change. Also, when I hit the "play" button no sound plays. If I hit the "OK" button it won't even close out of the screen, I have to use the front end button.

The same is true for anywhere you try to mess with these ringtone settings, Settings>Personal>Phone and even the easy settings where you should be able to quickly change these.

Im not using the M2D rom, but it works fine on the vanilla one.

Guest WoZZeR999

Only the Default VZW ringtone is there. Maybe you are mistaking it being the only one on the list?

Guest maxxve
Only the Default VZW ringtone is there. Maybe you are mistaking it being the only one on the list?

I added a couple more ringtones as well that are showing up there. It's probably just because I'm trying to get phonealarm working. What are some options for today screen apps that don't have a today screen to run on because of M2D? I tried Second Today and wasn't really happy with that.

Maybe it's just an either or type of thing where i need to choose M2D or something to give me repeating alerts for SMS messages.

Guest Adrynalyne
I added a couple more ringtones as well that are showing up there. It's probably just because I'm trying to get phonealarm working. What are some options for today screen apps that don't have a today screen to run on because of M2D? I tried Second Today and wasn't really happy with that.

Maybe it's just an either or type of thing where i need to choose M2D or something to give me repeating alerts for SMS messages.

SPB Phone Suite does not require the today plugin to be active.

Guest maxxve

Okay, the Verizon Default Ring doesn't even play... and when I find it using File Explorer there is "no application associated" with it. Could this be the reason my ringers don't work... and which application should the mp3 ringtone be associated with. I know I can change that using total commander.

Guest taz55

WoZZeR

is there a way for me to use your rom but to re install a few of the apps you removed. for example I would want the Buisness card reader in it. Is there a way for me to do something like that?

Guest WoZZeR999
Okay, the Verizon Default Ring doesn't even play... and when I find it using File Explorer there is "no application associated" with it. Could this be the reason my ringers don't work... and which application should the mp3 ringtone be associated with. I know I can change that using total commander.

Ringers play fine without anything associated to mp3. I will make a note to associate .mp3 to TCPMP on my next release.

Guest WoZZeR999
Ringers play fine without anything associated to mp3. I will make a note to associate .mp3 to TCPMP on my next release.

Taz: That program is call DioOCR or something. Look through the cab repositories for that.

Guest necosino
WoZZeR

is there a way for me to use your rom but to re install a few of the apps you removed. for example I would want the Buisness card reader in it. Is there a way for me to do something like that?

Go back a few pages, there are links to the samsung-omnia.net repository of all the .cab installers.

Guest Omega Ra
WoZZeR

Adrynalyne is working on putting some .cabs together of the i910 programs removed...

Guest Adrynalyne

Only the ones I need to. Most i900 cabs should work.

The Main Menu app differs from i900 to i910.

Check the QBUS rom thread in this forum for a link to a ton of apps in cab form.

Guest infest

I've got this rom installed and everything seems to be working fine. My only problem is... Well it's dumb but i'm clueless. Everyone's top and bottom bars are black. but mine are still the default red. black isn't in the theme's options so how do i change it?

Guest WoZZeR999
I've got this rom installed and everything seems to be working fine. My only problem is... Well it's dumb but i'm clueless. Everyone's top and bottom bars are black. but mine are still the default red. black isn't in the theme's options so how do i change it?

Start -> settings -> Today -> DiamonQVGA -> Ok

Guest Wadzii

I just checked my wifi, im using v5 w/m2d.

wifi in the m2d connection settings dosnt work, also its missing from the normal wireless manager.

however, if i goto easy settings i can turn it on and it does find networks and connect no problem.

One quick question i have though.. is there anyway to change the program associations to the buttons on the home m2d tab, when i click on the clock it goes to clock/alarm settings, id like it to goto the clock/alarm program, thats much easier to use. the missed calls goes to the default call log, I'm using resco contact manager and would like it to goto that instead, etc.

thanks

Guest maxxve
I just checked my wifi, im using v5 w/m2d.

wifi in the m2d connection settings dosnt work, also its missing from the normal wireless manager.

however, if i goto easy settings i can turn it on and it does find networks and connect no problem.

One quick question i have though.. is there anyway to change the program associations to the buttons on the home m2d tab, when i click on the clock it goes to clock/alarm settings, id like it to goto the clock/alarm program, thats much easier to use. the missed calls goes to the default call log, I'm using resco contact manager and would like it to goto that instead, etc.

thanks

That's a good question, I checked the HTCHomeSettings.xml but don't see any shortcuts there.

Guest WoZZeR999
That's a good question, I checked the HTCHomeSettings.xml but don't see any shortcuts there.

If M2DC can't do it, there's another M2D customizer on XDA, try that one. I can look into it later when I get home.

Guest Dblocker

I've been looking all over for a way to change the shortcuts as well and so far no luck. M2DC does not have this ability, and it sounds like the SSMaPa program messes up the screen layout when you use it. I looked through the registry settings and couldn't find a reg key to change the clock over to tclock.exe. Would love a solution for this!