Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Adrynalyne
I've been looking all over for a way to change the shortcuts as well and so far no luck. M2DC does not have this ability, and it sounds like the SSMaPa program messes up the screen layout when you use it. I looked through the registry settings and couldn't find a reg key to change the clock over to tclock.exe. Would love a solution for this!

I've used SSMaPa. Come to think of it...it DID mess up my screen layout on a theme, but uninstalling that theme did the trick, and it kept the custom shortcut.

Guest Dblocker
I've used SSMaPa. Come to think of it...it DID mess up my screen layout on a theme, but uninstalling that theme did the trick, and it kept the custom shortcut.

Good to know; I'll have to give this a try.

Hey WoZZeR999 - what do you think about putting Manila2d update 21 in your next ROM? I know you said that 19 was more stable but update 21 supports Voicemail notification on the home page. This is something I'm really missing! Yesterday I had 3 vm at work and didn't notice till I got home last night! not good. anyway just a suggestion and let me add my thanks to all the great work you're doing!

Guest cheifkeiff

i have tried to change the ringtone so many ways and haven't been able to i am using m2d v5? i even tried to assign one though vito ringtone editor and it still wont change

Guest maldonj1

i was told that TF3d can gives you the option to change the layout and icons of the touch flo.. anyone know where to get it? xda dev maybe?

Guest maldonj1
i have tried to change the ringtone so many ways and haven't been able to i am using m2d v5? i even tried to assign one though vito ringtone editor and it still wont change

thats wierd, i listened to a song last night and i clicked "set as ringtone" trimmed it down to about 45 sec using audio manager, save to ringtone folder, then go to sounds and notifications, incoming call and walla i had a new ringtone.

Edited by maldonj1

Guest cheifkeiff

still trying to change the ringtone but i just realized that it doesn't vibrate anymore either. i am not using any type of call i-d and when i press ok to save the setting over to a new ringtone and like vibrate then ring in just gets stuck on the screen and i have to press the end key to exit it. it just keeps playing the default that was left on the rom.

Guest Adrynalyne
still trying to change the ringtone but i just realized that it doesn't vibrate anymore either. i am not using any type of call i-d and when i press ok to save the setting over to a new ringtone and like vibrate then ring in just gets stuck on the screen and i have to press the end key to exit it. it just keeps playing the default that was left on the rom.

For those of you using easy settings for wifi--it works that way because it is reloading the driver.

Hmmm...I never did check the original CC20 rom. I wonder if it was an issue then, too?

Guest maxxve

Hmm... this sounds familiar. :excl:

I just experienced this as well but Wozzer said it has nothing to do with his ROM. I completed a system restore via SPB Backup and got it working again. I haven't tried to add new ringtones but I have a feeling something we did screwed things up. You don't happen to be using phoneAlarm or SPB Phone Suite do you?

Guest cheifkeiff

lol i think i have tried everything stupid ringtone wont change when i go through audio manger it says error can't move ringtone to windows folder make sure i have enough space?lol but obviously i have plenty i guess no one else is have this issue but me so i am probably just going to reflash.

Guest cheifkeiff
Hmm... this sounds familiar. :excl:

I just experienced this as well but Wozzer said it has nothing to do with his ROM. I completed a system restore via SPB Backup and got it working again. I haven't tried to add new ringtones but I have a feeling something we did screwed things up. You don't happen to be using phoneAlarm or SPB Phone Suite do you?

Hmm i thought no one else was having that issue i dont use phoneAlarm or spb phone suit but i do use spb back up but you said that fixed it i was think maybe the restore might have screwed thing up?

Guest maxxve
Hmm i thought no one else was having that issue i dont use phoneAlarm or spb phone suit but i do use spb back up but you said that fixed it i was think maybe the restore might have screwed thing up?

When making major changes like this I usually make backups frequently. I just restored to one of my previously working backups and it fixed things. I'm still not sure what I did. I loaded a couple ringtones in My Storage and installed this morse code/strobe light program which didn't work on the i910. I also messed around with second today and phonealarm. Any number of those things could have screwed something up. I guess we'll never know. But yes you aren't the only one. I don't think it's ROM related though, especially after I was able to restore and get it working again.

@Wozzer: I did look at my file associations after restoring and .mp3's were associated to smplayer.exe... I know you mentioned associating them with TCPMP so I didn't know if this would be an issue.

Guest cheifkeiff
When making major changes like this I usually make backups frequently. I just restored to one of my previously working backups and it fixed things. I'm still not sure what I did. I loaded a couple ringtones in My Storage and installed this morse code/strobe light program which didn't work on the i910. I also messed around with second today and phonealarm. Any number of those things could have screwed something up. I guess we'll never know. But yes you aren't the only one. I don't think it's ROM related though, especially after I was able to restore and get it working again.

@Wozzer: I did look at my file associations after restoring and .mp3's were associated to smplayer.exe... I know you mentioned associating them with TCPMP so I didn't know if this would be an issue.

Just got home and did a restore of just the registry and databases and it fixed the issue now it vibrates and i can change the ringtone lol wonder what the heck we did lol guess we will never know i am really glad you said something about the restore though thanks

Guest Apo11on
I've been looking all over for a way to change the shortcuts as well and so far no luck. M2DC does not have this ability, and it sounds like the SSMaPa program messes up the screen layout when you use it. I looked through the registry settings and couldn't find a reg key to change the clock over to tclock.exe. Would love a solution for this!

"looking all over"? I've already posted a solution for this in this very thread...the successor of ssmapa, called ssmaho can do the job

Guest Apo11on
TF3D won't run on the omnia (at least not correctly).

what he said! I've already posted about TF3D in the beginning of this thread - HTC devices, which run this UI, have dedicated graphics processor. Running it on Omnia's 528Mhz single core processor would be like trying to run Windows Vista on Pentium 1/133mhz CPU with 64mb of EDO RAM.

Guest Adrynalyne
what he said! I've already posted about TF3D in the beginning of this thread - HTC devices, which run this UI, have dedicated graphics processor. Running it on Omnia's 528Mhz single core processor would be like trying to run Windows Vista on Pentium 1/133mhz CPU with 64mb of EDO RAM.

You meant 624mhz, right?

Guest Apo11on
You meant 624mhz, right?

no, sir. 624mhz is maximum recommended clock frequency for Omnia's Marvell PXA312 RISC Microprocessor. I believe Omnia's clock is actually set to 528mhz

Guest Apo11on
any update on 6.5?

I would help, But i have no clue what to do with this stuff. or how to cook a rom.

has anyone ever tried to restore SPB Backup after wm 6.1 -> 6.5 ROM upgrade?

Guest Apo11on
Its 624mhz.

Documented....everywhere.

I'm not sure what you mean by "everywhere", but every reference I could google right now refers to Omnia's CPU type and frequency, and that's max CPU frequency, what they always list next to the name, not the actual clock on the device. Benchmark it yourself with a utility or find FCC docs on it.

Either way 528mhz or 624mhz - it makes no difference on Omnia's capability to run TF3D...

Guest blazingwolf
I'm not sure what you mean by "everywhere", but every reference I could google right now refers to Omnia's CPU type and frequency, and that's max CPU frequency, what they always list next to the name, not the actual clock on the device. Benchmark it yourself with a utility or find FCC docs on it.

Either way 528mhz or 624mhz - it makes no difference on Omnia's capability to run TF3D...

What does make a difference is drivers and the Omnia does not have the needed drivers to run TF3D. (I'm pretty sure that was mentioned in this thread already)