Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest Apo11on
What does make a difference is drivers and the Omnia does not have the needed drivers to run TF3D. (I'm pretty sure that was mentioned in this thread already)

Omnia 3D drivers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=417825

TF3D on Omnia: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-beta-on-omnia/

for those who still consider it - check out the impressive FPS and read posts #3 and #13 of the TF3D thread......

Edited by Apo11on

Guest ardvarkofdoom

Ok... so on the programs menu for M2D... I can press the "all programs" button once... but after that first time, I can't open it back up unless I soft restart. Something else, I can't seem to get a damn GPS lock now... I've done the "location on" thing, zoomed in where I am on gmaps, tried with both "managed by windows" and com8 and leaving the gps on for several minutes until i got the weak gps error outside

Guest destrekor

First, I want to thank you for making such a great ROM, and putting such commitment to it and the community!

This was my first ROM experience with a phone, well... loaded the VZW ROM w/GPS first, so... second ROM. :excl:

One question I've got. I loaded M2DC, changed the theme, and figured since there wasn't a theme option for the default black one that loaded, I'd just uninstall it. During that process it prompts if I want to keep the old theme files and settings, and I opt not to.

However, I rebooted the phone, and well... not only did it actually keep the theme applied, but also the settings (disabled a few tabs). Checked the original install location and nothing is there. Very confused.

Can you post the original theme files, such that can be used with M2DC, or even just direct me how to re-enable the default theme?

Thank you. And either way, damn fine firmware so far. Only problem I really experience is "All Programs" doesn't always want to load up from within the UI, but if I go to Start and select programs it loads.

Guest Apo11on
Ok... so on the programs menu for M2D... I can press the "all programs" button once... but after that first time, I can't open it back up unless I soft restart. Something else, I can't seem to get a damn GPS lock now... I've done the "location on" thing, zoomed in where I am on gmaps, tried with both "managed by windows" and com8 and leaving the gps on for several minutes until i got the weak gps error outside

"All Programs" issue has already been brought up 3 times in this thread - go back and do some reading. WoZZeR already said it's a known issue with M2D, not the ROM problem. He can't fix that.

As far as GPS goes the issue doesn't belong to this thread. Give these a read: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...-on-omnia-i910/

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...t-xtra-enabled/

Most people won't get a lock inside or even outside under clear sky, close to their house. I actually had to drive about half a mile away, before my Omnia's GPS locked down on a few satellites. After you've followed the instructions in these 2 threads go out for ride and see what happens

Guest Remsad

Omnia cam to Canada since 2 weeks with Telus and Bell. I would want to know If I can put WoZZer's I910 Cooked Rom with the Telus Omnia I910 and if I could see any problems then ?

I seached many forum for Telus Omnia i910 et cooked Rom and nothing from now.

Thank you for your help. :excl:

Guest Apo11on
Omnia cam to Canada since 2 weeks with Telus and Bell. I would want to know If I can put WoZZer's I910 Cooked Rom with the Telus Omnia I910 and if I could see any problems then ?

I seached many forum for Telus Omnia i910 et cooked Rom and nothing from now.

Thank you for your help. :excl:

I dont think anybody can aswer that for certain right now. One thing for sure - even if it works you'll still have to activate your phone with Telus, as ROMs in this thread will embed Verizon's carrier settings into your phone. If you can get your hands on PDA image of the Telus ROM you're currently running - it should be safe for you to try WoZZeR's ROMs, because if it doesn't work - you can always flash back your own PDA. Bootloader does not get damaged when flashing OS part. If you try to flash the whole thing, including EBOOT and it fails - you're likely to brick your phone.

Guest Apo11on

Even if it goes successfully - if you already activated your phone with Telus think about what you'll tell them about why you need to activate the same phone once again? If you mention flashing unauthorized firmware - that's warranty void.

Guest Adrynalyne
Even if it goes successfully - if you already activated your phone with Telus think about what you'll tell them about why you need to activate the same phone once again? If you mention flashing unauthorized firmware - that's warranty void.

Wozzer's rom doesn't touch the phone portion. So it wouldnt need to be reactivated.

That said, if you don't have a rom to flash back to, if it fails.....game over.

Guest Adrynalyne
Hey Wozz...if I flash to v5 it is like a hard reset right? all contacts and such gone?

Yes, all gone. It will not touch My Storage or your storage card though.

Guest Dblocker

Hey Wozz - I found some info on patching Manila2D.exe to show the next appointment instead of an All Day Event (like it's Tax day) and changing clicking on the clock to launch tclock instead of the control panel applet. What do you think about making these patches as part of your ROM? Are these something you'd personally find useful?

------------------------------------------------------------------

bl4ckb1rd31-10-2008, 12:27 PM

Hi...

I ve got something working!

You have to patch the Manila2D.exe

subsitute the following thing:

H.o.m.e.W.i.d.g.e.t.:.:.U.p.d.a.t.e.C.a.l.e.n.d.a. r.(.). .E.n.d.........S.y.s.t.e.m.\.S.t.a.t.e.\.A.p.p.o.i .n.t.m.e.n.t.s.\.E.v.e.n.t...E.v.e.n.t...E.n.d.

H.o.m.e.W.i.d.g.e.t.:.:.U.p.d.a.t.e.C.a.l.e.n.d.a. r.(.). .E.n.d.........S.y.s.t.e.m.\.S.t.a.t.e.\.A.p.p.o.i .n.t.m.e.n.t.s.\.H.o.m.e.S.c.r.e.e.n.....E.n.d.

Then you get the next appoint instead of the event on the Screen.

Gambit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$Gambit31-10-2008, 01:36 PM

Just another patch.

if you like to start another programm (Stand-Alone-Prog) instead of Alarm/Clock when you tab on the Clock

then you can change this in the exe-file:

H.T.C.H.o.m.e. .O.n.C.l.o.c.k.A.c.t.i.o.n.(.). .S.t.a.r.t...c.p.l.m.a.i.n...c.p.l.,.1.6.,.2.....c .t.l.p.n.l...e.x.e.....H.T.C.H.o.m.e. .O.n.C.l.o.c.k.A.c.t.i.o.n.

H.T.C.H.o.m.e. .O.n.C.l.o.c.k.A.c.t.i.o.n.(.). .S.t.a.r.t...c.p.l.m.a.i.n...c.p.l.,.1.6.,.2.....M .a.n.i.l.x...e.x.e.....H.T.C.H.o.m.e. .O.n.C.l.o.c.k.A.c.t.i.o.n.

Then you can take a Stand-Alone-Prog " for example cicleBT.exe" rename this file into Manilx.exe and copy it into the Windows-Directory.

When you now tab on the Clock you can toggle Bluetooth on/off

if anyone can transform a *.lnk file into an Stand-Alone-exe then you can start any programm you like

Gambit

Guest Omega Ra
Yes, all gone. It will not touch My Storage or your storage card though.

okay good to know. I am currently updating and installing iGO 8.4 :excl: so maybe tomorrow I will flash

Guest Adrynalyne
hey yall, the down load with m2d comes as a .bin

do i rename it to a .img ? or what ?

thanks

First post has flashing instructions...

Guest bedojo
First post has flashing instructions...

first post says this

"I've had some 'beta testers' in a thread about the discussion of cooking for the i910.

First of all, this is a rom I am making for myself and sharing with the public, so if I have removed something you want, then find one of the Omnia cab repositories and install it as a cab.

Secondly, I don't *owe* you anything to put in the rom, (or fix if it's beyond my control). With the .img that was leaked, I don't know how to extract the Customer_CSC, but if someone wants to help me, I could get a lot more done.

I recommend that you have flashed with the new ROM (the link is in the New Rom thread for the i910), and after the *228, and all that jazz, it's safe to update with my ROM.

To go over some of the changes I have done,"

what im saying is i dont know what im suposed to do with the .bin ? lol says safe to update with his rom but the umdl doesnt see it as it is in .bin

Guest Apo11on

*cough* back to the CPU clock issue - would anyone be so kind to let me know this value in their Omnia: TCPMP player -> Options -> Settings -> Clock Speed ??

Guest Apo11on
first post says this

"I've had some 'beta testers' in a thread about the discussion of cooking for the i910.

First of all, this is a rom I am making for myself and sharing with the public, so if I have removed something you want, then find one of the Omnia cab repositories and install it as a cab.

Secondly, I don't *owe* you anything to put in the rom, (or fix if it's beyond my control). With the .img that was leaked, I don't know how to extract the Customer_CSC, but if someone wants to help me, I could get a lot more done.

I recommend that you have flashed with the new ROM (the link is in the New Rom thread for the i910), and after the *228, and all that jazz, it's safe to update with my ROM.

To go over some of the changes I have done,"

what im saying is i dont know what im suposed to do with the .bin ? lol says safe to update with his rom but the umdl doesnt see it as it is in .bin

get the original leaked ROM from the other thread - it has a utility that flashes the image to your phone, in that original leaked ROM archive you'll also find PDF with detailed instructions. I don't know if it's safe to flash WoZZeR's creations straight to the old VZW ROM, because that old EBOOT and CSC may not be compatible with the new PDA part, so you might wanna consider flashing the whole thing first. After that use that UMDL downloader and follow the instructions at the beginning of this thread

Guest bedojo

sorry for not wanting to brick my omnia, but then again lets be arrogant assholes and make a joke about it :excl: you could just took 3 secs to type you do this, but its ok your too good for that

Edited by bedojo

Guest Adrynalyne
sorry for not wanting to brick my omnia, but then again lets be arrogant assholes and make a joke about it :excl: you could just took 3 secs to type you do this, but its ok your too good for that

Not sure what your problem is...click to the first post and scroll down. If that makes me an asshole, so be it. I put a lot of time into making the Omnia a better phone, one person thinking I am an ass is not the consensus.

I am going to copy and paste from the first thread.

How to flash:

Run UDML_Omnia

Click PDA

Find the extracted file from the rar you downloaded

Hit Detect

Restart Phone

Once the phone has completly booted, wait a minute and give it another soft-reset

Guest Adrynalyne
*cough* back to the CPU clock issue - would anyone be so kind to let me know this value in their Omnia: TCPMP player -> Options -> Settings -> Clock Speed ??

What does yours say? Are you doing anything to tap into the cpu while checking?

The Xscale CPU has speedstep technology and underclocks when not under stress.

I will check mine once I am done flashing. I have been cooking roms tonight.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest Apo11on

mine was saying 284Mhz...i didnt know about underclocking during idle time, so when you said that i opened like 6 other apps and it went down to 208Mhz...better be TCPMP error, because right now it its me who is under stress, not the CPU