Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest GlassEyedPete
I stuck v3 on my phone yesterday as well. The smoothness and look are great. But I don't know that I'll keep it. I don't like the launcher at all. I don't want to see "most recently used" programs; I want to configure an array of icons in the order I want. And voicemail isn't working. I have it set up as *86,,1111 to automatically dial the password but v3 keeps losing the commas to in the dialer it just looks like *861111 which doesn't work. And as sweet as the Carousel view is - how do I get rid of some of the faces that I don't want? I don't need both the Professional Home and Lifestyle Home sowing on the Carousel. Maybe there's a way to do this but I haven't found it yet. And one of the things I really like about M2D is the Google screen where I can enter a search for like Pizza and it pops up the result list and then remembers my searches. Maybe somebody will come up with a cool v3 theme to address some of these issues; otherwise I'll probably go back to M2d until someone cooks a WM6.5 ROM. Curious if anyone else is running into these things with v3??

I really like the Lifestyle Home with the widgets; this is how Samsung should have done theirs. It's very nice.

You could use visual voicemail, which is about $3.00 a month.

Edited by GlassEyedPete

Guest Nagilem

After some testing, I've found the the WlanAutoLoader.exe file doesn't seem to load the wifi driver correctly. I suspect this file is what WM uses to load the Wifi drivers on startup and at certain times.

If you unload the driver using wlanloader.exe, exit, then kickoff the wlanautoloader.exe, the driver tries to load but does not initialize completely. This seems to be the same driver state (hung) that I see after a soft reset. If I try to load the driver using wlanloader.exe after a soft reset (or after running wlanautoloader.exe), WM thinks it's already loaded. If I unload, then load the driver using wlanloader.exe, the driver loads correctly every time.

I think I saw a thread where someone stated they used an earlier rev of these files from the BJ series build? Has anyone tried to replace wlanautoloader.exe?

Guest Nagilem
wlanautoloadr.exe has been optimized (its smaller than normal). So I copied over an unoptimized version. No dice.

That backup restore you did--what did you restore exactly?

NM I found the post. I wonder where this file gets the settings to use to start the lan card? Must be registry based.

Guest pillagingjack
Which version I have 3.0.1.4...

I am using the same version. Log in to Latitude and allow it to contiuously share your location info. I have had an automatic connection for the past 24 hours (except twice, once when I took out the battery and once in the basement of my office where all cell service cuts out anyway)

Nate

Guest Apo11on

M2D is actually Today plugin, you can simply disable the checkbox in Today's items, don't have to reflash to another rom to run SPB Mobile Shell 3.

Guest Nagilem

I've looked this over, and I believe the wifi issue is related to a corrupted wlanautoldr.exe file. The wlanautoldr.exe file is called during the init phase to start up the drivers. I've used wlanloader to unload the driver, then tried to reload using the wlanautoldr without success.

The other three files seem to work. I can successfully load and unload the drivers using the wlanloader.exe file. I think if any of the other three files - wlanloader.exe, jaguargsp.dll, or jaguargsp1.dll were corrupted, you would not be able to load the driver at all.

Does anyone have the leaked CC20 rom on their handset? If so, can you please post the the wlanautoldr.exe file? I'd like to test replacing that file with what came in the leaked rom.

Guest yojoe600
M2D is actually Today plugin, you can simply disable the checkbox in Today's items, don't have to reflash to another rom to run SPB Mobile Shell 3.

yea but it takes up a lot of space

Guest Nagilem

Wozzer -

For next rev -

\HKLM\Init had a launch entry for Windows\ShozuRPC. I think this can be removed since the file no longer exists in the windows directory.

Again - Thanks for the awesome ROM!

Guest Apo11on
yea but it takes up a lot of space

it takes a few Mb of disk space, not ram, once it's deactivated...and Omnia's got plenty of disk space. The advantage of leaving it in is you can have 2 UI configured and ready to go on the device, without having to reflash to switch. If you enable M2D after SPB Mobile Shell 3 is installed, it just takes over the UI and you have TouchFlo. You can keep tuning and optimizing 2 different interfaces on 1 device, I think it's pretty cool. SPB MSv3 is restored with a single click on "SPB Home" button

Guest Adrynalyne
After some testing, I've found the the WlanAutoLoader.exe file doesn't seem to load the wifi driver correctly. I suspect this file is what WM uses to load the Wifi drivers on startup and at certain times.

If you unload the driver using wlanloader.exe, exit, then kickoff the wlanautoloader.exe, the driver tries to load but does not initialize completely. This seems to be the same driver state (hung) that I see after a soft reset. If I try to load the driver using wlanloader.exe after a soft reset (or after running wlanautoloader.exe), WM thinks it's already loaded. If I unload, then load the driver using wlanloader.exe, the driver loads correctly every time.

I think I saw a thread where someone stated they used an earlier rev of these files from the BJ series build? Has anyone tried to replace wlanautoloader.exe?

Its not a file version problem.

I have dumped the registry keys from CC20 stock and v5. I am not done comparing the two. I am hoping it provides insight.

Guest Adrynalyne
I've looked this over, and I believe the wifi issue is related to a corrupted wlanautoldr.exe file. The wlanautoldr.exe file is called during the init phase to start up the drivers. I've used wlanloader to unload the driver, then tried to reload using the wlanautoldr without success.

The other three files seem to work. I can successfully load and unload the drivers using the wlanloader.exe file. I think if any of the other three files - wlanloader.exe, jaguargsp.dll, or jaguargsp1.dll were corrupted, you would not be able to load the driver at all.

Does anyone have the leaked CC20 rom on their handset? If so, can you please post the the wlanautoldr.exe file? I'd like to test replacing that file with what came in the leaked rom.

Its not the version of the file. Nor is it the file itself, because I have replaced it with a known working copy. No dice. Either another file is corrupt, missing, or its in the registry. I am thinking registry.

Guest Adrynalyne
Its not the version of the file. Nor is it the file itself, because I have replaced it with a known working copy. No dice. Either another file is corrupt, missing, or its in the registry. I am thinking registry.

I found the problem I think.

Still testing, will post back shortly.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest mikewinger

i would love to be able to flash one of these roms, but no matter what i do, umdl will not detect my phone. any help? please?

edit. say i loaded the full img from the leaked rom, and then changed the PDA part to this ROM...?

any idea what would happen?

Edited by mikewinger

Guest Nagilem

The only thing that gives me pause with registry is that wlanloader.exe loads the driver fine, while wlanautoldr.exe does not. If the issue is registry, then there must be distinct registry settings for each of these exes to load the drivers. Have you found distinct keys for each? I did some rudimentary searching, but didn't find many keys, and could not discern what keys each exe may be loading.

I am also a noob at this, so I hope I'm being somewhat helpful :excl: .

Guest GlassEyedPete
i would love to be able to flash one of these roms, but no matter what i do, umdl will not detect my phone. any help? please?

edit. say i loaded the full img from the leaked rom, and then changed the PDA part to this ROM...?

any idea what would happen?

Just my two cents:

I wouldn't get creative about flashing roms to your phone. I've had absolutely no problems because I've followed instructions to the letter. Once you've upgraded to the leaked rom, flashing only the PDA portion is pretty safe because you can't brick your phone by only flashing the PDA portion. Long story short, don't do what you stated above.

Guest mikewinger
Just my two cents:

I wouldn't get creative about flashing roms to your phone. I've had absolutely no problems because I've followed instructions to the letter. Once you've upgraded to the leaked rom, flashing only the PDA portion is pretty safe because you can't brick your phone by only flashing the PDA portion. Long story short, don't do what you stated above.

heyy thanks fort he reply, i actually thought about it and decided i had to be an idiot for considering it. i tried turning the phone on after i plugged it in while it was trying to detect in umdl. it worked! :excl:

any suggestions on the UI? you guys like spb 3?

Guest GlassEyedPete
heyy thanks fort he reply, i actually thought about it and decided i had to be an idiot for considering it. i tried turning the phone on after i plugged it in while it was trying to detect in umdl. it worked! :excl:

any suggestions on the UI? you guys like spb 3?

Once you get the upgraded rom going....reflash only the PDA portion using WoZZer's custom rom without M2D. After that, I would install SPB 3. I heard a rumor that it's going strong on TPB with everything you need. I'm running it and it is the best UI I've used for WM and I've been using WM for about 4 years.

Edit: I don't condone using warez unless you pay the author if you decide to keep it. $30 is a fair price for SPB 3 and I will pay for the official release once SPB actually puts it out there.

Edited by GlassEyedPete

Guest mikewinger
Once you get the upgraded rom going....reflash only the PDA portion using WoZZer's custom rom without M2D. After that, I would install SPB 3. I heard a rumor that it's going strong on TPB with everything you need. I'm running it and it is the best UI I've used for WM and I've been using WM for about 4 years.

i just got spb 3, and to be honest with everyone out there, its almost surprising what your omnia can do with it. It reminds me a bit of TF3D for the diamond.

I need to change the color of my status bar, any suggestions?

EDIT: like make it black to match the theme of spb 3.

Edited by mikewinger

Guest GlassEyedPete
i just got spb 3, and to be honest with everyone out there, its almost surprising what your omnia can do with it. It reminds me a bit of TF3D for the diamond.

I need to change the color of my status bar, any suggestions?

google "ThemegenCE"

It's probably the best app to modify theme settings on your phone.

Just to state it for those that don't know: SPB 3 uses a single photo across your three "Lifestyle Home" screens. It really ties the sliding panes together nicely. Also, landscape is well thought out in spb 3. I can't say enough good things about it. Once we can get lite rom with WM 6.5, we're set.

Guest mikewinger
google "ThemegenCE"

It's probably the best app to modify theme settings on your phone.

Just to state it for those that don't know: SPB 3 uses a single photo across your three "Lifestyle Home" screens. It really ties the sliding panes together nicely. Also, landscape is well thought out in spb 3. I can't say enough good things about it. Once we can get lite rom with WM 6.5, we're set.

ahh. i downloaded that program, but i dont like it too much. anything you have in mind that just simply install and changes the bar to black?

Guest Adrynalyne
The only thing that gives me pause with registry is that wlanloader.exe loads the driver fine, while wlanautoldr.exe does not. If the issue is registry, then there must be distinct registry settings for each of these exes to load the drivers. Have you found distinct keys for each? I did some rudimentary searching, but didn't find many keys, and could not discern what keys each exe may be loading.

I am also a noob at this, so I hope I'm being somewhat helpful :excl: .

Any help is welcome. The registry changes were helping, momentarily. They are a mask of the real problem. Anything that delays boot time is helping, ironically enough. Wozzer and I are testing some things out.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest rayden25

Wozzer, version 5 m2d is really good and stable. Thanks a lot man.

Does anyone know how to change where the "All Contacts" soft button on the poeple points to? It is going to SECContact.exe now and I need it to go to Spam alert Contacts.