Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest David Park

ahh it doesnt matter, im just being picky. That cab just gets rid of the sound, i wanted to get rid of the scrolling all together so touchflo can work its magic on its own.

Guest WoZZeR999

The only place I hear those are when adding contacts or programs. In those cases it's using Samsung API's, so I don't think it would be possible to have it have the smoothness of M2D. I'm not 100% sure though. If you find a replacement, I could probably add it in if it works well.

Guest Pimpsauce McGillicuddy

WoZZeR,

Is there any way to add custom cities for weather in this version of M2D? I tried the N2A patch and it wouldn't even launch touchflo from the today screen, and, because I'm an idiot, I didn't save the original M2Dweather.exe file. I had to re-flash the pda bin.

Guest WoZZeR999
ahh it doesnt matter, im just being picky. That cab just gets rid of the sound, i wanted to get rid of the scrolling all together so touchflo can work its magic on its own.

Yup, check post #15. It's NAM|US|State|City

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest Apo11on

hopefully this will save some time to others who plan to try what i did: make SPB backup of everything installed using v3 ROM, then flash v4 M2D. If you try to restore SPB after this - the good news is it works, the bad news is - Manila is gone :excl:

Going to flash v4 M2D again, sigh

Guest Apo11on

Does anyone know what registry settings to modify in order to re-assign "All People" and "All Messages" buttons at the bottom of Manila 2D home screen, in order to point to custom Contacts and SMS applications, instead of the default ones?

Yup, check post #15. It's NAM|US|State|City

WoZZeR,

I've tried the following formats for Corvallis, OR 97330:

<city name="Corvallis, US" loca="NAM|US|OR|CORVALLIS" land="United States"/>

<city name="Corvallis, US" loca="97330" land="United States"/>

<city name="Corvallis, OR, US" loca="97330" land="United States"/>

<city name="Corvallis, OR, US" loca="NAM|US|OR|CORVALLIS" land="United States"/>

They all show up when I add new cities, but none of them actually update with weather data. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by Pimpsauce McGillicuddy

Guest Sidde
WoZZeR,

I've tried the following formats for Corvallis, OR 97330:

<city name="Corvallis, US" loca="NAM|US|OR|CORVALLIS" land="United States"/>

<city name="Corvallis, US" loca="97330" land="United States"/>

<city name="Corvallis, OR, US" loca="97330" land="United States"/>

<city name="Corvallis, OR, US" loca="NAM|US|OR|CORVALLIS" land="United States"/>

They all show up when I add new cities, but none of them actually update with weather data. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

You need to patch the weather application too if adding custom cities, QBUS has one made as a cab.

You can find it here in the first post under Cab repository: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...06-dxia5-qb06m/

Disable TouchFlo in Today and install it then just enable it again and you should get custom cities working.

You need to patch the weather application too if adding custom cities, QBUS has one made as a cab.

You can find it here in the first post under Cab repository: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...06-dxia5-qb06m/

Disable TouchFlo in Today and install it then just enable it again and you should get custom cities working.

Thanks for that. I tried the other Manila2D patch and touchflo wouldn't load. The one posted on the link you provided worked perfectly. I was ready to give up. Thanks again.

Guest Apo11on

SPB Pocket Plus doesn't seem to be working - after pressing and holding "X" on any window, which is supposed to bring up menu with options you're no longer able to close any windows. Also, the windows which have "OK" instead of "X" cannot be closed anymore - "OK" doesnt work.

Guest Adrynalyne

I have an interesting issue, and its not computer specific.

My phone detects as UTStarcom XV6800 when its connected.

Ideas?

Also, images aren't opening properly, which I am sure is just a file association issue, no biggie.

This is the M2D rom.

post-466506-1239626544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest WoZZeR999
I have an interesting issue, and its not computer specific.

My phone detects as UTStarcom XV6800 when its connected.

Ideas?

Also, images aren't opening properly, which I am sure is just a file association issue, no biggie.

This is the M2D rom.

I noticed that, for some reason they are opening in Camera Shots. I'll take a look at that later today.

The XV6800 thing might just be from an old pairing, mine shows as i910.

Apo11on: Try using M2DC to change the button assignments. From what I've read, some of them are hard coded in though.

Edit: Images will open again in Media Album on next release.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest anarkie13

WoZZer999:

I just wanted to say thank you for your efforts and sharing your work. Due to many reasons, I do not have the time right now to learn to cook my own ROMs. I'm still very new to the smartphone community. So, having someone that is informed and helpful share their work is a godsend to me right now.

BTW...in regards to WM6.5, you may want to speak to Shokka9. I believe he's been cooking up some WM6.5 for the i900.

Guest maxxve

I noticed the same thing as adrynalyne. My computer detects it as the XV6800. I'm using the M2D rom as well. Doesn't seem to be a big deal as of yet.

Guest WoZZeR999
WoZZer999:

I just wanted to say thank you for your efforts and sharing your work. Due to many reasons, I do not have the time right now to learn to cook my own ROMs. I'm still very new to the smartphone community. So, having someone that is informed and helpful share their work is a godsend to me right now.

BTW...in regards to WM6.5, you may want to speak to Shokka9. I believe he's been cooking up some WM6.5 for the i900.

Once I get my hands on a 6.5 i900 kitchen, I may be able to port it over. I would rather get a rom that I like to 100% before starting another project though.

Maxvee: I'll invest some more time in it later, but I couldn't find anything that would cause that.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999
I'm not sure what does it either. It can't be an old pairing, I've never owned that phone.

Weird, I'll look through again, but I didn't see anything from a 6800.

Guest Adrynalyne

I found the problem. There must have been some rgu changes with the OEM apps you installed.

This should be able to be corrected by modifying the registry value at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync

Modify DeviceManufacturer and DeviceModel.

Guest WoZZeR999
I found the problem. There must have been some rgu changes with the OEM apps you installed.

This should be able to be corrected by modifying the registry value at HKLM\Software\Microsoft\ActiveSync

Modify DeviceManufacturer and DeviceModel.

It was the Verizon provisioning stuff, thanks! It'll be fixed in the next release.

Guest Apo11on
Apo11on: Try using M2DC to change the button assignments. From what I've read, some of them are hard coded in though.

I used latest M2DC and it doesnt have the option I need - replacing a "X" function with real "close window" instead of "minimize". So, it would be nice if SPB Pocket Plus would work, but I suspect it might not be the ROM issue, but rather compatability between Manila and SPB :excl:

If someone knows how to replace minimize with close please post

Guest Omega Ra

download homescreen ++. it gives you the option to make them actually close or you can hold the x to make it close and a tap still minimizes..I use it. Works great.

Guest WoZZeR999
I used latest M2DC and it doesnt have the option I need - replacing a "X" function with real "close window" instead of "minimize". So, it would be nice if SPB Pocket Plus would work, but I suspect it might not be the ROM issue, but rather compatability between Manila and SPB :excl:

If someone knows how to replace minimize with close please post

Try http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=2174692. Version 2.1 is supposed to work.

Guest GlassEyedPete

Wozzer,

Thanks for the cooked rom. I'm having a major problem right now. I can access the camera, but when I switch to video mode, the screen locks and I can't exit the application.

Could some people try taking a video and see if they also have this problem?

Guest trunks67

I just want to thank you so much for this rom, I finally got around to flashing everything and tried the v4 with M2D and I love my phone so much more. Thanks for all the hard work!!! :excl: