Use my stickied thread

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

Please report any bugs and stuff you find, everything can't be working perfectly (with the exception of M2D soft key error). I will probably be including the M2DC and the other M2D customizing program on the next release. Is there anyone else that people would like to see?

Guest yojoe600
Please report any bugs and stuff you find, everything can't be working perfectly (with the exception of M2D soft key error). I will probably be including the M2DC and the other M2D customizing program on the next release. Is there anyone else that people would like to see?

cool already been using M2DC since V4

Screen02.bmp

Guest GlassEyedPete

Is landscape mode possible with M2D?

Guest WoZZeR999
Is landscape mode possible with M2D?

I don't think so. All of the "Fixes" involve disabling M2D and enabling another today plug in. In my opinion, this is a bad way to do it since it will probably cause more problems in the end.

Guest Apo11on

are you talking about freeware stuff only? coz otherwise we'd be happy to hook you up with some real goodies for the rom :excl:

Guest Apo11on
I don't think so. All of the "Fixes" involve disabling M2D and enabling another today plug in. In my opinion, this is a bad way to do it since it will probably cause more problems in the end.

landscape mode *IS* possible with M2D. Manila doesn't natively support it, but people found workarounds to get it to work. I personally was using my old i900 with M2D rom which had landscape enabled. There were some minor issues, but most of the stuff worked fine.

Guest maxxve

Surprisingly everything is working pretty well, and I've been through a lot of it.

Are there any good screen lock programs that people are using that work well with M2D? S2U2 maybe?

And also, I've noticed a significant battery drain throughout the day and I've had it charging most of the day. How are others managing their battery?

Guest WoZZeR999

Apo11on, if you remember what you did, please let me know.

Maxxve: If you leave the GPS enabled, it can consume a lot more energy. S2U2 should work fine.

Guest Apo11on

Settings->System->Version->ROM it would be a good idea to change rom version to something like WoZZeR M2D v5, if you know how to do it. So people could easily keep track what they've got on. Everybody's doing that for cooked roms for i900, helps avoid confusion when people ask for help and unable to tell what they're running

Guest Apo11on
Apo11on, if you remember what you did, please let me know.

I didn't do much besides installing the ROM which has M2D with landscape support. The guy who created the rom with landscape workaround has posted some non detailed info about what he did, his nick is PaSSoA. I still have his i900 M2D ROM with landscape support - let me know and if you want i'll upload it to web share. Otherwise, you could just ask him. Here is one of his threads: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...ook-custom-rom/

Guest Apo11on
hopefully sector or someone will be able to help Wozzer get a full kitchen going.

sector was generous enough to provide us with his wm 6.5 working kitchen. WoZZeR is already working on it.

Guest Apo11on

How about cooking SkyFire browser into the rom? As far as I know it's the only one, which properly supports all flash content. I use it for flash sites and Opera for all the rest.

Guest WoZZeR999
I didn't do much besides installing the ROM which has M2D with landscape support. The guy who created the rom with landscape workaround has posted some non detailed info about what he did, his nick is PaSSoA. I still have his i900 M2D ROM with landscape support - let me know and if you want i'll upload it to web share. Otherwise, you could just ask him. Here is one of his threads: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-r...ook-custom-rom/

If you are talking about this rom, there still no no Lanscape, it's what I was talking about with the changing of the today screens.

The skyfire browser blows. Opera has FL3.1 now, so it can view flash enabled sites.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest flipkid187

Thanks for the great work OP. Im currently on v5. I was trying to edit the HTCHomeSettings.xml file to organize / hide some of the tabs. It seems to be write protected and cannot be overwritten. Im using a Vista machine, any way to get around this?

Guest glsniper

Does this M2D allow for more than one calendar entry on the first screen? Or is that something inherent in the 19b release?

BTW, thanks for all your work Wozzer. Haven't taken the plunge with your ROMs, but will probably do so soon!

Guest WoZZeR999
Thanks for the great work OP. Im currently on v5. I was trying to edit the HTCHomeSettings.xml file to organize / hide some of the tabs. It seems to be write protected and cannot be overwritten. Im using a Vista machine, any way to get around this?

Here's the homesettings, after editing, replace it in the windows folder with Total Commander.

Glsniper, no idea about the calander entry. I have V21 that I could try. From what I understand, M2D v19 is more stable.

HTCHomeSettings.rar

Guest semmtexx
Dude, we know you want touch player fixed, so STFU.

Extract these into the windows folder after installing touch player.

LMFAo! annoying much? lol!

Guest yojoe600

you can download M2DC and it can edit the tabs and change themes

M2DC_v0.29.235.CAB

Guest Apo11on
If you are talking about this rom, there still no no Lanscape, it's what I was talking about with the changing of the today screens.

The skyfire browser blows. Opera has FL3.1 now, so it can view flash enabled sites.

yeah, that's the one. im not sure about the changes to today screen, but landscape works, i've used it myself.

Skyfire does blow feature wise, but it can do what opera cant - display flash websites. I dont know what makes you say opera can do flash, but it really isnt the case. Go to sites like NBA.com or Fox.com, which have heavy flash and see how opera does. Then try to open youtube.com in opera and see how long it takes you to get to search box only and type a search - let alone play videos.

Anyway, SkyFire was just a suggestion, it's fine if you dont wanna put it in.

Guest Buchan06

Can you post the M2D theme you used in the v5 ROM? I switched to a different one and the screen size is different so I'd like to switch back. Otherwise I'll just reflash, thanks.