Wonder if I could get a lil' help?

Guest kingsloi

Guest kingsloi

Long time lurker, first time I actually need some help though!

I bet there's been loads and loads (and maybe some more?) of posts similar to what I'm about to ask.

Yes, I have searched but couldn't find anything, well anything that will help me. Or maybe I just didn't search properly! (If There's something that could help, just call me stupid and link me would be awesome!).

So basically, I've got a Samsung Omnia. Had it for 2 months now. By far the best phone I've ever had.

Shame about the accelerometer and that kinda stuff not being as good as other phones (HTC and such). But apart from that 1000% happy.

But I'm looking to install a custom LITE rom, I've noticed the phone being slow, kinda laggy too i guess. Especially when it's been on a long time.

I've already flashed it from I can't remember but now it's PDA i900XXHJ4/MSHJ1

and the phone version is: i900XXHI5

So basically, my question is, can any one possibly send me in the right direction for the best(I've seen like 3+ :excl: ) LITE rom? that is compatible with my phone/model?

I'd owe anyone in who is able to help me 100000000000+ internets

and maybe a generous paypal donation when i get my uni loan :')

Danke!

Guest maf107ezk0

My advice is to go for Shokka9 LITE ROMs... He has both on WM 6.1 and WM 6.5 If you want to go with 6.1 the best is - SHK16L and if you want 6.5 - SHKv4L

Hope it helps :excl: I`ve used both and they`re great! Use at your own risk and read the instructions :excl:

Guest kingsloi

Hoi Maate

Thanks for the reply, thought I'd be ignored :/

Is there much difference between 6.1 and 6.5?

I mean are there any noticeable differences except the fact that 6.5 is newer (so obviously improved?)

All I want on my omnia is the usual stuff, Messaging (possible Windows Live mail too?), TouchPlayer and the stock alarm clock :') ( I see there's a list of all the available .cabs)

I'm home tomorrow so I will give it a try then!

Is it the same process as flashing a real rom? like using the .exe flasher?

Greets!

Guest maf107ezk0

WinMo 6.5 is more finger-friendly and I think even in Beta stage much better :excl: I see you know where to get the .cab files from the apps that shokka9 removed :excl: But here`s anyway: .cab files

Thanks to shokka9! The procedure is the same yes - just be shure to have battery power, install samsung modem and close all antivirus + firewall soft :excl: When looking for the .cab files that you want, download the ones for DXIA5, because the phone part of the 6.5 SHKv4L is DXIA5 :excl: Good luck and keep us updated ;)

Guest kingsloi

OH 6.5 is still in beta? man I thought I read that it had been released!

Is it a stable beta though? Had enough of unstable beta stuff in my time, had to replace 5/6 motherboards due to dodgy beta bios's :')

Finger-friendly is something I;m well interested in. ATM my omnia is responsive, but not really accurate.. and when it's been on after a few hours it's becomes very un-responsive :excl:

install samsung modem? I can't check to see what that is just yet. but when I flashed last time all I needed was my omnia (ofc :')) activesync and a full battery :')

So where ever possible get DXIA5 cabs if I use 6.5 and not get DXIA5 when I use 6.1? Is that right?

Man if things all work out, I'll have to put some money your way. Not alot ofcourse, 'cause I'm a poooor ass student, but enough for helpin' a brother out.

and no, I'm not black :')

Thanks man!

Guest Zeski

I've been using dddrko's lite WM6.5 roms for since they came out and haven't looked back since. I've found small compatibility issues with some custom software like Titanium Weather and NoData... but otherwise fantastic :excl:

One thing to mention, no WM6.5 rom, AFAIK, has been able to get mouse working. Just something to consider.

Guest Andy Q
I've been using dddrko's lite WM6.5 roms

I'm using WM6.5 lite released by dddrko as well and it works great.

Edited by Andy Q

Guest maf107ezk0

Ok, kingsloi you don`t need any cabs... just install this Theese are some drivers for the bootloader - just install on the PC and then start flashing :excl: All you need is the .exe file from the ROM, a USB cable, active sync, battery power and these drivers :excl: Good luck mate. 6.5 is very, very stable! Don`t worry :excl: If I were you, I would go and have a look here But don`t upgrade to HH1 :excl: Good luck, I`m off to school now :X

Guest kingsloi

No I meant the cabs from the link you gave me (with all the other software) DXIA5 with wm6.5? or am I totally wrong? I guess I really need to read up on this kinda stuff :')

Ah, I'm glad :excl: 6.5 Looks nice too! Finger friendly, stable, and nice looking. What more could you want? (perfect woman ofzo? hihi^^)

So, download the bootloader drivers, and the rom, connect via activesync and run the .exe? Sounds pretty simple ^^

I'm home now so I'll be able to take a look at things in a lil' more details.

Thanks youthhhhh

Guest maf107ezk0

Yes, teh cabs from DXIA5 will work on 6.5 (and so will any other app for 6.1 that you can find here) - yes, download the rom .exe, install the samsung modem drivers, turn off firewall and antivirus, run the exe, turn the phone OFF, put the USB cable in, power the phone ON, wait for some drivers to be installed and the START button on the EXE file to become active, press it and you`re ready :excl:

P.S. You should flash ONLY with Windows XP! :excl:

Guest kingsloi

Just about to download!

But just a quickie.

Chances of possible bricking it?

and is it possible to revert back to my rom now (at a later date? via flashing ofc)?

Thanks mate!

Guest maf107ezk0

There is always a chance of bricking it but I have faith in you :excl: :excl: :excl: Yes, AFAIK, you can install WHICH ever ROM you like at any time...

Guest kingsloi

Ah, a'ight.

I'm slightly scared but, I think I have to do it :') It's only a phone. Geez.

You know in your previous post you said something about looking at a topic regarding HH1

What did you exactly mean? Do I have to fiddle(?) with the bootloader? Or

Do I just go ahead and install via the method you suggest above?

The last thing I want to do is brick because I didn't read something :')

Thanks mate

• 3 months later...
Guest kingsloi

Hihi! I feel so bad! I made this thread and didn't even post my results!

First of all I wanna say a big sorry to you all that helped, trust me I appreciate it.

Now, to What happened, I had this page open, was about to flash when all of a sudden I connected the phone but ActiveSync start to pissup and my phone didn't connect. Turns out that My little 9 year old brother was round my house the day before and used my computer for the internet and somehow got a nasty virus. I never install AV or FW because, sounds geeky but I know what to stay away from and What's good/bad. (Most times : P)

So I had to start from scratch managed to save most of my data, so it's not as bad as it could've been.

BUT I am going to give it ago, I go away on holiday to Amsterdam this coming Saturday for a few days so when I'm back I'll definitely give it another go!

Once again, SORRY!

Guest maf107ezk0

Nice to hear you didn`t brick the phone, mate :D Once again the rules of a successful flash:

1. have the phone charged to a 100%

2. flash using XP

3. install the samsung modem drivers (in the begining of the topic)

4. do a hard reset of the phone (not my storage or storage card)

5. run the ROM.exe

6. take the battery out, put it back in and plug in the usb cable

7. wait until the "START" button becomes active

8. press "START" and hope for the best :angry:

P.S. While you weren`t here there have been a lot of new rom`s so be shure to check out sokka v18 ;)

That`s it from me ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kingsloi

Hi mate, thanks for everything. I'm defienetly going to flash either tonight, tomorrow or friday.

I will read through this entire thread again just to make sure I understand everything properly, I really really don't want to prick it! (who does?)

Ah, I've been looking at all the new roms! some of them are really sweet. but I coudln't find sokka v18? maybe you could give me a link to it?

I'll give you and sokka a beer if everything works out well :burp:

Thankss

Guest shokka9

wait for v20 tonight bro...

I will be waiting for theose beers, need a couple of cold ones tonight......had a few late nights getting this build together :D

Thanks maf for the recomendations...

:angry:

HERE IS MY THREAD for WM6.5

HERE IS MY THREAD for WM6.1

Enjoy.

PS: Always read the first post of a ROM fully and properly so u understand what is in there and any special instructions after flash is complete.

Good luck and post results...

Guest kingsloi

HI!

Well, lads, you'll be glad to know that last night I flash, successfully!

However, Shokka, It was not with your ROM!

I let my brother flash, (He's flashed his HTC Touch HD probably ~60 times? and he knows what he is doing! ---- kinda!)

He didn't think the two parts were compatible and he wasn't 100% sure, but He searched (this site) for roms that were compatible and presto.

HOWEVER

He did use the instructions from your post Shokka!

I'm not sure who the cook is, or whose rom he chose becuase he still has my netbook, but tomorrow I'll let you know.

All I know it's Windows Mobile 6.5 (which, I feffin' love btw, so finger friendly, I love it!) and it came with Touch Flo

At the moment, I want to use this for a few weeks, but will definitely flash with your latest rom!

I get paid about two weeks, so Shokka and maf107ezk0, I'll donate some money, I'll PM for your docs. Bit of support for what you've both done.

Won't be alot - stupid student part-timer! But every little helps, right?

Also thanks maf107ezk0 for pay attention to me, your posts were very useful!

Until my next flash, ~soon

Thanks a bunch!