[SOLVED] Uninstall M2D? How?

Guest dwallersv

Guest dwallersv

I've decided to switch to Spb Mobile Shell 3, but don't want to have to rebuild my phone from a hard reset. I installed M2D via Sztupy's all-in-one installer (thanks again, Sztupy!!) back in Jan, but the installer files don't work with the Remove Programs cpl. So, I need to manually remove it.

Are there any detailed instructions somewhere for this? I searched. Worst-case, I'd take just a simple file listing and delete all the files manually. That's 99% of it -- recovering the Main Storage space. I can live with some garbage left in the registry if I have to.

Please help! Thanks...

Edited by dwallersv

Guest theidoctor.org
I've decided to switch to Spb Mobile Shell 3, but don't want to have to rebuild my phone from a hard reset. I installed M2D via Sztupy's all-in-one installer (thanks again, Sztupy!!) back in Jan, but the installer files don't work with the Remove Programs cpl. So, I need to manually remove it.

Are there any detailed instructions somewhere for this? I searched. Worst-case, I'd take just a simple file listing and delete all the files manually. That's 99% of it -- recovering the Main Storage space. I can live with some garbage left in the registry if I have to.

Please help! Thanks...

If you go to settings, system, remove programs. you can also do it through active sync

Guest dwallersv
If you go to settings, system, remove programs. you can also do it through active sync

I had to laugh at this bud, since you are theidoctor :excl:

Read my original post again more carefully, friend! And prescribe yourself a pair of glasses... :excl:

Guest dwallersv
that's not a nice thing to do, pal.......he wanted to help :excl:

Oh no... no insult, slagging, etc. was intended AT ALL! Hope you weren't offended theidoctor -- none meant.

I was just having some friendly fun. No harm meant.

Guest dwallersv

I dove in and figured it out myself. Here's how to do it for anyone else that wants to:

Open Sztupy's all-in-one Manila2D installer CAB file on your PC. It will open in the file explorer like any other folder.

Extract the _setup.xml file, and open it in notepad. It contains all the installation information, especially the filenames. You don't need to know XML, just study the contents for a bit to get an idea of how it lays out the setup info.

The easiest way to run down through this list and delete the files is to connect your Omnia via ActiveSync, open a file browser window next to the XML file, and delete files via your PC through this browser.

There are A LOT of files. Fortunately, there are patterns that group them alphabetically (for example, all the hh_ / HH_ files are M2D) that make it easy to select hundreds of files at once and delete them. Look at the xml file -- you'll get the idea.

Some files weren't on my device. Don't know why. Not worrying about it.

You can quit when you've finished ripping out the files, and ignore the registry stuff if you want to. A tool like SKTools or MemMaid will probably clean a lot of this up automatically. However, the vast majority of stuff from M2D is in HKLM\Software\HTC, so you can just delete that key root and take out most of it if you want. That's what I did.

I got back 21MB after doing this, and everything runs just fine. Took me about an hour with interruptions from my kids, less than I would have to spend rebuilding the thing.

Good luck!

Edited by dwallersv

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest a19074

Go to registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\ and delete the item TouchFLO (the complete folder)

I use total commander as registry editor.

Then reboot and uninstall the program.